7389 Lundys Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2H 2W9, Canada

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 17% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• MichaelG51's Profile Photo

CROOKS!!

Called to reserve a room and asked if a King size bed was available for Nov 13-14. Was told no problem at which time I also stated that I had a small dog and asked if they allow dogs. Was told yes and given NO OTHER DETAILS!! My wife and I show up and the front desk then says, "oh no, if you have a pet we have to put you in the other building at the back and those rooms for pets don't have a king only 2 doubles!! NO MENTION OF ANY PET FEES!! They say initial here, here and sign here so you do thinking its part of checking in. I knew about the $12 parking fee which is a joke as you are in the middle of nowhere and not even close to the strip or big hotels. It is a mandatory charge as well. Go to sign out and the lady says OK so its 2 nights plus the pet fee. I said "what pet fee?" The other lady who was there when I checked in comes out and basically calls me a liar saying that she told me about the pet fee and here you initialed for it. I said that she obviously didn't because I would of course asked what the fee was!!!!!!!!! $25 a night I was charged. Then she says oh and we have to charge you another $150 because the maid had to clean up poop in the room. My dog takes tootsie roll size poops and she must have gone somewhere that we didn't notice but would have. So now they lied about the rooms available, didn't tell me about the pet fees and charged me another $150 because of a tootsie roll size poop. Avoid this place like the plague!!

• The worst!!!!

Avoid it! Too far from all attractions and no shuttle bus.
    Very noizy- close to Highway. You will not be able to sleep!!!!!
    Dirty and riped off carpet, small and never cleaned pool!
    The manager guy at a front desk will treat you as you are his enemy if you speak with an accent!
    If you want to purchase through Groupcoupon deals- DO NOT DO IT! It will cost you the additional $50.00 per night and $10 for parking plus taxes. For that money you can stay in the nice Hotel with Falls view, close to all attractions. When you book this hotel- they do not tell you all that, except the parking cost. When you check out- it will be as a surprise on your bill!
    Do not belive what manager reply on this site with the appology- crocodile tears!!

Unique Quality: Dirty, noisy, bad location, rude management! Costly- hidden cost never revealed when you book it!

• Return again NO!

Front door was filthy with hand prints as was the elevator glass window. ,Charged for parking and it was supposed to be part of the package $2.99 for dollar store water is too much.Charges for ammenities that were never used is gouging.NONE
    Suite upgrade ??? for a room with a sofa , a desk and an end table. Where where the light switches? Could you afford to put in a light bulb stong enough to read ?.The energy saving compact floresent bulbs were cool white and added to the gloom of the room Warm white bulbs add warmth to the rooms
    The noise from the highway was constant and the alarm from the car at 4:30 am was the last.
    straw.I will not recommend this place to anyone!

Unique Quality: NONE

• Worst Hotel

We booked a 3 nights special at the Ramada and asked if there was any additional fees, the hotel clerk said no. When we arrived, there was one person at the counter and we had to wait about 15 minutes to check in. At this time the clerk told us that there is an extra charge of $10 per night. We said no way because we asked that question before we booked. She said that's the rule and we have to pay it. We then asked for a refund because we saw other places where we could stay for much cheaper than what we are paying. She said that it is a special rate and there are no refunds.

We decided to stay and she gave us a room on the 3rd floor. There was no hot water and we complained. She told us to run the hot water tap for 5 minutes and we will get hot water. The tap ran for 20 minutes and no hot water. She then gave us a room on the ground floor because she said that the hot water is taking too long to go up. This room was awful, it looked like the carpet was not cleaned for months, there were loose tiles in the shower, the coffee maker was not working, and oh, we got hot water after running the tap for 5 minutes.

This was the worst place we have ever stayed at. We ( family and friends) will never stay at another Ramada hotel or any other hotel that is affiliated with The Ramada.

Unique Quality: None

Directions: Niagara Falls

• Awful experience

We also ordered the 69.99 Teambuy voucher. When we called to book a room we were informed that they were completed sold out of the advertised suite rooms, so we would have to settle for a regular room. All they could offer us was a room with double beds. This was not what we thought we were purchasing, but we figured it was still a good deal, so we booked it anyway. They did inform us of the 40.00 fee for parking and taxes, so we knew we would have to pay that upon check in, even though we weren't happy about it.

We booked our room a month in advanced, and over the phone I gave my credit card number to hold the room, as every hotel does. This is where it went downhill.

A month later...a day before we were supposed to go to Niagara Falls, I received a call from the Ramada telling me that they had tried to take 200.00 out of my account, but they weren't successful and did I have another credit card. I politely asked them why they would charge my credit card 200.00 and they said that it was for incidentals and that they would refund it after we leave if everything was fine. I was told that "every hotel does this". I'm sorry, but I've stayed in a lot of hotels and not a single one has actually taken the money out of my account!

I was very rudely told by this woman, that I needed to provide another credit card number and if I "didn't have another credit card, then I would need to pay 200.00 cash when I check in.", she then said that "if you can't afford to pay that, then you should ask for a refund from Teambuy then". I told her that the money wasn't an issue, and that we could pay it, but I had never heard of such a large fee for incidentals. She rudely said "you need to pay it by 6PM or we will cancel your reservation".

The lady was instantly confrontational towards me. It seemed that everything she said, was encouraging me NOT to stay at the hotel. She was very sarcastic with her words and made many rude remarks during the conversation.

Why on earth would a hotel feel the need to take money from someone before they have even checked in to the hotel!! If we had known that this charge was going to be taken out, we would have ensured that the funds were available on the card, however this woman made it out like it was my fault. At no point did anyone tell us that there was a charge of 200.00.

We were so upset about our experiences with the hotel, that we called to speak to the manager. The front desk person told us that the manager, Britney, was busy but that we could email her. We emailed her to tell her about the poor customer service at the hotel, and that we were completely dissatisfied. At this point we were seriously considering cancelling our reservation and staying somewhere else, but we wanted to see what management had to say, first.

Well management completely ignored our email. We let a couple of days go by, and then we sent a second request, but this time we also forwarded copies of the previous email, as well as a new one stating that we were now being ignored by management, to Britney's superiors. It appears that poor customer service is present from the top down at the Ramada Plaza Niagara as every email that we have sent has gone unacknowledged!

It says a lot about a company when management doesn't even care about customer service. I will never stay at the hotel in my life and I will make sure that everybody I know is aware of how inept the customer service and staff are at this hotel.

In the mean time, we decided not to stay at the Ramada. We got a refund and had a lovely anniversary trip at Michael's Inn, which is in a far superior location, and the staff even went as far as to give us tons of coupons and vouchers for local attractions and restaurants. They did NOT charge our credit card any amount of money.

• Worst Hotel I have Ever Stayed

You could hear EVERYTHING from the neighboring rooms and the hall. Had clean rooms but VERY disappointed with the service. Miscellaneous charges on my credit card that no one would answer me until a week later. The service was horrible, rude staff that were more concerned about personal conversations and joking around. Waited 20 mins just to check into the hotel so we didn't even bother checking out. Would never recommend or go back.

• RedDolphin's Profile Photo

Great Hotel !

Location is directly across the outlet stores, but a bit far from the falls. Amenities include free parking and a sort of buy one get the cheaper breakfast at the affiliated grill adjacent to the hotel building.

Clean rooms, no toothbrushes (what?) but I didnt request any since I brought my own. very nice room and friendly staff.

Unique Quality: Outdoor pool, indoor pool, near shopping mall.

Directions: Lundys Lne

More about Niagara Falls

Interior View of One of Many seperate RoomsInterior View of One of Many seperate Rooms

Rainbow - Niagara FallsRainbow - Niagara Falls

This squirrel came right upto my feet!This squirrel came right upto my feet!

RAINBOW AT AMERICAN FALLSRAINBOW AT AMERICAN FALLS

Silly question about Maid of the Mist

by shargurl

I heard that we will get soaking wet on the boat and I am wondering if all of our belongins (purse, etc) will be with us or do they have a place to put these so they won't get soaking wet too?

by Beausoleil

Haven't been to Niagra in 30+ years. They used to hand out yellow slickers when you got on the boat. Have you checked their web site?

by Bursland

When we went on the Maid of the Mist in 2005 they supplied you with a waterproof hooded plasic poncho .They certainly keep you dry but anything you carry on you will have to hold on to and try and keep inside the poncho.I didn't see anywhere that you could stow anything. Besides getting a thorough soaking as you get up close and personal with the horseshoe falls the boat does pitch and toss quite a bit .This makes trying to hold onto anything a bit tricky .I made the mistake of trying to take some photos ,I gave up and hid my camera in my pocket .Probably best to invest in an underwater camera.Still it's a fantasic experience and certainly something not to be missed .Have a great time.

by shargurl

Thanks for your replies, now I know what to expect!

by gemlynn

I had my belongings in a backpack, which I kept on while on the boat. It was under the poncho they provided (looked a little like the hunchback lol) and it didn't get wet at all. This helped alot!

by LeeHolly

You indicated that the boat does pitch quite a bit, is it safe to bring a 5 year old on? I am a very over cautious mother.

by shargurl

It is totally safe to bring your 5yo. We had a wonderful time on Maid of the Mist. I think it was THE best way to experience the falls! The boat didn't pitch at all, you're 5yo should be fine, there is plenty of room. Have fun!!

by Beausoleil

We took all three of our kids on the boat and the youngest was around 5 or 6. They all had a wonderful time. Obviously, you need to keep your eyes on them and perhaps hold a hand. They were all just thrilled. It's a great way to see the falls; you get a real feeling for the power of the water and the grandeur.

by Bursland

Thers no reason to worry about your youngster. The rails on the boat are fairly high and there were loads of small children on the boat we went on. I still maintain our boat pitched and tossed quite a bit ,but it was a superb experience.There really is no other way to see the falls .

by ramot418

About 15 years ago, I took my 3 children - then 2,4 and 6 yrs old - on the Maid of the Mist. They had a great time! :)

Travel Tips for Niagara Falls

Rainbow Bridge - the bridge between two countries

by OlenaKyiv

The first impressive thing for me was the bridge between USA and Canada. In seconds you go to another country, of course, if you have appropriate papers. I think the surprise I have about it is due to my origin country - Ukraine, from where to get somewhere you have to go through tiresome and exhausting customs and check points.

Want to fish...Have we got a guy for you

by captainpajamas

We just got back and we hired Cast Adventures for a half day trip. Couldn't have been happier. Paul is a great guy and a great fisherman.

We went for smallmouth and the 3 of us (1 experienced, 1 intermediate and 1 novice) all caught fish. 22 in the boat! My husband went back out again the next morning and did just as well.

Paul made sure you didn't go without a rod in your hand and really went out of his way with our 9 year old giving him tips and making sure he got the technique down and caught. He ended up with a 5+ pounder!

If you are thinking of fishing in Niagara call Paul. He also offers packages with his B & B. Paul takes care of everything right down to the water bottles!

Good dance vibes

by JennysTravels about DragonFly

This fun Asian inspired nightclub is new to The Falls. Opening May 2006, it's a mecca for the dance crowd. The first of it's kind in The Falls, ages range from 20-40. There is a huge VIP area where you can order bottle service. Be prepared to spend mucho dollars if visiting the VIP area. Ive had the pleasure of experiencing it once though a friend, and it was amazing. I belive to just book a table in the VIP room you can expect to pay $300+, and now don't forget the bottle sercive which runs $70 per bottle (for GreyGoose). There is another alternative to not spending to much money, just hang out in the regular area, where the huge dance floor is. There are guest DJ's every weekend, and they are closed most sundays, except if it's a holiday weekend. Tuesdays are dedicated to hospitality staff and cover charge is nothing if you remember to bring your pay stub. Other days cover ranges from $10-$25 depending on the entertainment.

This place is great! They get the likes of Tiesto and Oakenfold spinning! For Niagara Falls, that's awesome! Casual Dressy

A must for dinner!

by tpangelinan about Skylon Tower Dining Room

We booked dinner at the tower and it was well worth the money. The food, service and view was great. We did the buffet which is just 1 level above the revolvong dinning room and were not disappointed at all. After dinner you can go up to the observation tower for free and the views 360 degrees are outstanding, you can see all the way up to Lake Ontario. Everyone here was very nice and very helpful. it was clean, even the rest rooms. We would highly suggest this for a romantic dinner.

the only good wine

by lar-n-me about The Keg Steakhouse & Bar

We ended up eating dinner at The Keg twice. The food is good, but more importantly, it's the only place we could find with good wine. I don't know if we just had bad luck or weren't impressed with Canadian wine in general, but when we realized The Keg carried J.Lohr, we cozied in our seats with big smiles.

HOURS
Monday - Sunday 3:00 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.
the keg steakhouse J. Lohr Merlot and your favorite steak cut