Sheraton Fallsview Hotel And Conference Center

Tags

Luxury Travel Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
swissfondue's Profile Photo

Splash out on a falls view

by written on June 4, 2010

Having read mixed reviews about this hotel I arrived with an open mind. This is a large business style hotel with conference facilities but although there was a conference on for my entire stay it never seemed crowded. The only thing I found a little frustrating was the inclusive breakfast was not available until after 8.30am as the breakfast area was reserved for conference attendees.

Aside from that the Sheraton Fallsview is a nice hotel and the view from my 29th floor window was simply outstanding. The room was spacious with all the amenities you would expect from the Sheraton Brand. The floor to ceiling windows were clean which enhanced the already superlative view.

I tried the room service menu, sometimes the downfall of a hotel, and found it to be reasonably priced and the meal size was generous.

Overall, a pleasant stay in a superb location with the added bonus of a Starbucks in the lobby for that coffee fix. The hotel is situated at the end of the hotel strip but it was an easy walk down to the Niagara Parkway and Clifton Hill.

* If deciding to book this accommodation please note that since writing this review the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel has been rebadged as the Marriott Gateway on the Falls.

Unique Quality: Gorgeous views of the American, Bridal Veil and Horseshoe Falls.

Best Fallsview Hotel in Niagara Falls

by written on July 18, 2007

My family and I recently stayed at this lovely hotel. Our view was just as they hyped it to be - BREATHTAKING! We felt as though we were on top of the Falls. Fireworks show was amazing to watch from the room. Room was large with 2 queen size beds and very clean and well maintained. We had a floor to ceiling window which was awesome for looking at the falls. Our room price included breakfast in their dining room and our kids 9 and 5 ate for free. When we were shopping around for prices, we found this hotel to be the least expensive of all the other compariable 4 -Star hotels in Niagara. Breakfast was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. We ate at Appleby's for dinner - ridiculiously expensive. I think they doubled the price on everything. I appreciated the on site parking as my 5 years old was constantly wanting things out of our car. I know everyone complains about the cost of parking, but really, if you've not been the Niagara in the last few years, there are so many hotels here now that there is very little land left, who would waste it on parking. Overall we enjoyed our family vacation to Niagara Falls and the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel and hope to return sometime soon for an "adult" getaway!

Unique Quality: View were simply outstanding. Hotel sits directly in front of the Horseshoe Falls, and although there are other hotels around, the view of the American Falls is also completely unobstructed.
Hotel is away from the tacky-touristy Clifton area.....definately more upscale location. Casino is a 5 minute walk.....so are many other dining options.

megolodon's Profile Photo

Lovely hotel with great views

by written on April 19, 2007

Really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Was clean and very comfortable (especially the beds - wow!!).
Great views (if you get a room with a falls view) over the Horseshoe Falls.
I would recommend it.

Unique Quality: Great views over the Horseshoe Falls.

Directions: Bit of a walk from the centre of the town.

Breathtaking!

by written on February 13, 2007

Our room was on the 25th floor and WOW what a view. Staying in the winter, it was great to be able to enjoy the falls without freezing our butts off. You will not be disappointed that is for sure! Check in was a breeze, friendly staff, parking was a little daunting. Very busy place so had to drive up down and all around to find a spot, underground parking was full. And they charge $10 to self park. ($11.49 with tax)
Expect long wait times for elevators around check in time but it does get better as the night goes on. Pool was nothing special but the kids still enjoyed it. Restaurant menu prices scared us away so we did not eat there. I found out later that kids eat free so probably would have been less expensive than the Boston Pizza meal we ended up with and I am sure it would have been much tastier too. I wish they would have promoted that more, I found out upon reading their promo booklet in the morning of check out.
Definately not walking distance in the winter to the falls. We drove and had to pay $10 once again for parking on Clifton Hill.
For the view and the room itself though I highly recommend this hotel. It was awesome!

Unique Quality: Beds are soooooo comfy. The room we were in was exceptionally roomy and the bathroom was bigger than any other hotel I have stayed in. Everything was impeccably clean, from the rooms, to the halls, from the lobby to the pool. They really do take great care with cleanliness here. Worth every penny and during off season the rates are unbeatable for views this good.

musbars's Profile Photo

New and nice hotel

by written on August 30, 2006

You are lucky if the falls view room is available. Hotel located right on the falls with the best view in town.

daffodil's Profile Photo

Don't even think about it!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 28, 2005

We booked one night for our first anniversary celebration at this pricy hotel so that we could enjoy a view of the falls from our room. We booked 2 mths in advance, and got no special. On our confirmation it said check in time is 3 pm. When we arrived at 3 pm we were told our room 3021 was not yet ready. Come back in 45 minutes. So we left our bags with the bellboy and walked down to the casino. In 40 minutes we returned and our room 2621 wasn't ready. We said there must be a mistake because that isn't our room and ours should be ready by now. No that is our room and nope not ready. After making a bit of a scene because we had already been waiting we were offered a $15 certificate for the lounge where were could have "drinks or something to eat". Well as we had explained that we had dinner reservations, and that was why we were anxious to get to our room to get ready for them, she had to know that we weren't going to get food. The place is a bar so we ordered 2 beers, can't use the certificate for alcohol. So my husband went back and complained that we weren't told and the certificate was useless to us. So we got free parking instead (parking is $20 here, and no it isn't valley, it isn't even covered!!). Finally our room was ready so we went to get our bags. They couldn't find them, my husband had to go in the back and find them. We go to our non smoking room, and what is the first thing we smell upon opening the door, cigarette smoke. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and I have asthma, and there was no way I could even have dreamed of spending 2 minutes in this $300/night room where I would have to be permanently attached to my medication. Back downstairs we go, ready to go home, and the manager manages to find us another room (an upgrade on the 7th floor 7021). It is at least smoke free and ready so we take it for the same price even though it is a full suite (kitchenette and dining area). The room was very nice, but the view was not what we had expected (having expected to be on the 30th floor).

Unique Quality: The bed was comfortable (I usually don't sleep well in strange beds, but this one was great). The bathroom was large and very nice. Unfortunately the problems at our arrival were a huge disappointment and I could never recommend this hotel to anyone.Views from the room are nice, however if you just take the elevator up to any floor you can see nicely from the area where you wait for the elevator. Pool is small and nothing special. It isn't even that close to the casino if that is why you are going to Niagara Falls.

Directions: The last hotel on the new strip.

buzzz's Profile Photo

The View Cannot Be Beaten

by written on August 10, 2004

The view from our room on the 30th floor was fabulous. We could watch the fireworks over the falls (Fri and Sun nights) from the comfort of our chairs.

Unique Quality: great location
lovely friendly staff

Jasoninlondon's Profile Photo

Sheraton

by written on June 11, 2004

This hotel is in a great location, and with a fallsview room the view is great. At certain times of the year they have great deals and make this a perfect place to stay. Right next door to the Hard Rock Cafe and the casino.

duanestorey's Profile Photo

Pretty Good

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 2, 2004

Well, this hotel is quite nice..It's not the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in (that honour goes to the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, California), but it's nice.. We had special rates for the conference I was at.. For $140 you can get a view of the city (which isn't that great but), and for $170/night you can have a view of the falls.. I didn't opt for the fallsview room, mainly because I was sure there would be observation areas in the hotel to see the falls, and there are.

My only complaint is that nothing is really included.. You want to make a local call, it's $2.. Parking, $10.. room service, $3 delivery charge.. I asked to stay a few hours past normal checkout time, and they wanted $50 extra..

Unique Quality: There's a pool, hot tub, a restaurant, a bar, and friendly people.. Definitely try the homemade pizza in the little coffee shop downstairs.. it's about $9 for an individual pizza, but it's well worth it.

Directions: Right on the falls

JSki's Profile Photo

Niagara Ontario Best View, Best Value!

by written on November 28, 2003

This hotel is so lovely! It has a Starbucks in the lobby with lots of tables and chairs to people watch while you enjoy a coffee. There are also tables and chairs just outside to do the same. The rooms are lovely, spacious and the staff always left plenty of coffee and tea for us. The pool is very pretty. Was not able to partake in the spa but what I saw of it, was heavenly! Just not enough time this visit. The only con I would say about this hotel is that the restaurant was way, WAY too expensive! Food was good but not a very good value at all. There is a balcony at the rear of the restaurant that has a gorgeous overlook view of the area. Don't miss it!

Unique Quality: View, view, view! This hotel overlooks the falls. Directly across from the American Falls and you can also see the Canadian Horseshoe Falls as well. I love how the exterior bluish green mirrored look is maintained. In the room there is a security railing but you can open a door in your room and look at the falls day and night. The rooms have electric fireplaces that are gorgeous!

Directions: Directly across from American Falls.

Viajara's Profile Photo

Amazing view!!!

by written on August 25, 2003

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. The view is what makes it an outstanding place to stay. It was absolutely breathtaking. This was probably the only hotel I've ever stayed in where I didn't close the drapes at night. We wanted to enjoy every second of the falls at night with their rainbow colored lighting. My only complaint about the hotel was a lingering cigarette smoke odor in our "non-smoking" room.

Directions: Across from Horsehoe Falls on the Canadian side.

feline01's Profile Photo

A room with a view

by written on May 10, 2003

I did well booking the Fallsview whirlpool room. It was a bit pricey for our budget so we stayed 2 nights here and 3 nights at the Casino which was much cheaper but beyond disgusting. The Fallsview room was worth every dollar, especially since it was Canadian dollars (much cheaper for Americans).

Unique Quality: The bathroom had a 2 person whirlpool with a glass mirror separating the whirlpool from the bedroom and another huge, terrace window facing the falls. Absolutely beautiful to sit in the whirlpool and watch the falls. One warning: This is not the sort of room for people who are shy around their spouses, partners etc. since all toilet activities can be observed by anyone in the room.

Directions: Look for the Skylong tower, the hotel is to the left.

great views - great prices

by written on October 20, 2002

the hotel was typical of any sheraton worldwide. impeccable service and the usual accomodation.

Unique Quality: the view is fantastic it overlooks the falls. you can also view its web cam on the web to get a tester of what to expect.
we booked our trip with a travel agent in log island and got excellent out of season prices

Nearby Sheraton Fallsview Hotel And Conference Center

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Niagara Falls Travel Forum

Need advice about Niagara Falls, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Niagara Falls and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Niagara Falls hotel reviews

What happened to the Quality Assurance at Denny's
Fort George
The greatest falls
Things to Do
VISIT THE HARD ROCK CAFE NIAGARA FALLS ONT.
The Niagara Falls.