Sheraton On The Falls

Sheraton on the Falls
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Items Stolen from Car

My one-night stay at the hotel ended by realizing $500 worth of items had been stolen from my car. The hotel charged an outrageous $18/night for parking and although the parking security supervisor filled out a report, the hotel refused to take any responsibility for the theft. What's worse, the customer service agent explained flatly "We have no proof anything was stolen from your car."

Based on this, I will never stay at this hotel again. I need to buy a new GPS and other items and the level of customer service was astonishingly poor.

• chrishc's Profile Photo

Superb views from Restaurant

Actually only had lunch in the top floor dining room. Assuming the accommodation is normal for a Sheraton Hotel this is a fanststic place. The buffet we had was superb with many different dishes to sample and puddings/gateaux to tuck away. Just what you need after a hard day's sightseeing.

• kirsty_lamb's Profile Photo

Fab views!

Top class hotel with fantastic views. We had a suite over looking the falls....two huge beds, lovely bathroom, just fantastic. We ate here as well, and the dinner was really good to.

Directions: Across the road from the USA falls.

5875 Falls Avenue · Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 3K7 · Canada

• Good for entertainment

We booked two twin rooms in this hotel, and they gave us one on floor 7 and one on floor 9. We were offered an upgrade to a higher floor for an extra $20 - that seemed a bit pointless to me.

Firstly, the rooms- The beds were nice, and there was quite a lot of space in one room, less in the other- but nevertheless both rooms were spacious enough with a sofa by a fire and a view of the falls. The bathroom was very small- the bath was uncomfortably small for me, I'm 5 foot 9 tall and of large build. From the photos we were expecting better.

There were lots of good facilities at the hotel. There were shops , an games arcade a spa centre and a pool. It is also close to the Rain Forrest Cafe. It is also a short walk to a waterpark. However, the only thing that was free was the swimming pool (which was also the only attraction exclusivly for hotel guests.) We were disappointed that the waterpark was a (discounted) $30- we were under the impression that it was included in the price we paid for the hotel. There was also a casino that could be reached without going outside.

Location- " On the Falls " means a half mile walk to the Falls. The hotel was near the landing for the "Maid of the Mist" boat but unknown to us this only runs between about May and October. The Canadian Falls are about half a mile away, best reached don foot although there is a bus service.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, allowing a VERY early check in (10.30 am) although I was assume this was because it was off season.

In conclusion this is a nice hotel, lots to do, if you are prepared to pay extra for most things- within reach of the Falls, but hardly on their "on their doorstep."

Unique Quality: Excellent access to Clifton Hill, and many things can be reached without going outside.

• Fergie01's Profile Photo

So close to the Falls you can feel the water!

Sheraton was very clean, close to all the ammenities. We didn't have to walk very far to the falls. We were looking for a hotel with a restaurant at the top, so we could have our morning breakfast or dinner and see the Falls. This is the restaurant for that if you don't mind heights.
    We stayed on the 20th Floor! Great Views!!

Directions: At the bottom of Clifton Hill turn left at the lights

• The views are the best

I have stayed here 3 times, and would stay again if the ever run a half off sale!! The hotel has become very overpriced since it's renovation. I stayed the 3 time the year they were renovating so it was less expensive. I travel to the Falls at least 3-4 times per year so this hotel is a little pricey for me now.

Aside from this being the most overpriced of the fallsview hotels, it is very nice. The rooms are large and inviting, with comfortable Sealy beds, large marble bathrooms, and jetted tubs. The views from the Fallside rooms are superb. If falls views are not your thing, you can get city side rooms for about half the price. The hotel offers 2 night packages with buffet breakfast both mornings, and dinner one evening in their Penthouse Restaurant. The breakfast is ok, but you should not upgrade to a buffet at dinner. Their a la carte menu is much better. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something a little more special for your time at the Falls.

Unique Quality: Great views, great location

Directions: Falls Avenue next to Casino Niagara

More about Sheraton On The Falls

Absolutely Awesome!

We stayed November 26, 27, 28, 2003. The entire Niagara area was very quiet because of the US Thanksgiving, so our stay at the Sheraton was very relaxed.

I went to the pool our first night there, and found it to be charming.
I had it all to myself for over an hour.

We reserved the room by calling the Casino Niagara Real Deal. They have always placed us in very nice hotels. This hotel was superior to all others, and we have stayed in many. The Casino has consistently placed us in good rooms, and the hotels that cater to the Casino really make the guests feel welcomed. The proximity to the Casino was a plus.

We had a view of Clifton Hill and the Falls. It was far more than we expected.

The young maid was a very sweet girl. Our room was cleaned to perfection.

My husband and I were traveling with my elderly and sickly father. We were able to gamble like mad, and take turns running to the room to either medicate or check on dad. He was comfortable in such a beautiful place. As we checked out on Saturday morning, I noticed other couples at the Sheraton Hotel who were also traveling with an elderly parent.
What a nice place to be together for the holiday!

The lobby was decorated nicely for the holiday.

Regarding the breakfast, I upgraded my dad's so that he could have the made-to-order omelette. I took a bite and knew that I should have done the upgrade. It was awesome. The egg was a thin layer and had a delicious crunch.

I accidently gave our friends the phone number for the Sheraton Falls View Hotel. During our three night stay, we enjoyed running back and forth between the two Sheraton's, enjoying what each Sheraton had to offer.

We also have stayed twice at the Brock Plaza, which is owned by the same people who own the Sheraton on the Falls. We appreciate the excellence of both hotels, and the care that the Casino takes in our placement.

Average for a AAA four star

by TripAdvisor Member pawpaw

Just returned from a one night stay at the Sheraton on the Falls (11/28). We reserved a package through Casino Niagara and had a great rate, including casino cash and a continental breakfast. Parking is a choice; valet at high cost or self parking at a minimal cost but your car will be quite far from the hotel. The lobby is beautiful, reminiscent of a NYC hotel. We were granted an early check in following an hour wait. No complimentary upgrade to a fallsview room (no availability). The staff were friendly and attentative throughout our stay. Our room was clean and nicely appointed with great views of the city (Clifton Hill). A small fridge or mini bar would have been nice.
We did not care for the pool; very small and shallow with a plastic liner. The pool area itself boasted a great view of the falls and was nicely decorated but it was filled with screaming kids and there was no whirlpool for adults to retreat to (why doesn't an upscale hotel like this this have a whirlpool?) The fitness room offered the same great views and top notch equipment and it opened very early in the morning.
We were given a complimentary Prime Rib Buffet dinner for two in the Penthouse Fallsview dining room due to a slight leak in our room by the window which we promptly reported to the front desk, hoping to be moved but there were no alternate rooms available. Dinner was a nice compensation (the leak was not that bad and did not effect our belongings, the furniture, etc...)and the view from the restaurant was amazing but the food was mediocre at best (there were twenty desserts and they all tasted the same). Our continental breakfast the next morning was standard cold buffet fare, although we were offered an upgrade to the hot buffet for an additional charge. In summary, this is a nice hotel to stay at if you get a good rate or pakage deal throught the Casino Niagara.

Comments