The Oakes Hotel Overlooking The Falls

Satisfaction Average

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

GREAT VIEWS FROM EVERY ROOM

You will heard a constant roar in your room. That is because the hotel overlooks the falls. You can lie in bed at night and watch the light show over the falls.

Rooms are big and comfortable. There is a small swimming pool and whirlpool. Glass elevators take you up, but they only overlook the parking lot.

Unique Quality: Incredible views of the falls. Good prices off season.

Applebees restaurant next door has many buy 1 get 1 free offers in the off season. Ask reception for other deals on food and drink.

• A nice affordable hotel

This is where we stayed the first time that we came up to the Falls. It was pretty nice and affordable, if you're on a lower level or have a city view. The higher you get the more expensive it is. All in all I thought the rooms were pretty nice. The pool area was a little small, but nice if you just want to cool off.

More about The Oakes Hotel Overlooking The Falls

Okay for Niagara Falls. BEST View!

by TripAdvisor Member ConnieS

We just returned from Niagara Falls. We thought this would be a good weekend trip. Picking a hotel was difficult, especially with the various reviews on each hotel. We selected this hotel for its location and view. First, if you want a cheap room, don't expect a view from any hotel on the strip. You have to pay for a room on the upper floor to get a view. Best views: this hotel - floor 21. Or the new Fallsview Casino. This use to be a Days Inn. Whether they call it by another name or not, it is still a Days Inn. Rooms are very small, but clean. I'd rather have a small room than a dirty room. Hotel staff okay. But beware of the "cash rate" vs. the credit card rate. Make sure they tell you the entire cash price with taxes and parking. Otherwise, you may find yourself without enough cash. However, all in all, the cash price is cheaper than then charging on a credit card. This hotel is in the heart of everything. And, has by far some of the best views of the Horseshoe and the American Falls. We stayed in 2117. I'd recommend this room to anyone. You won't be disappointed. AND, the best view - the fireworks on Friday or Sunday night. You can stay dry and warm by watching them from your room. Best seat in the entire area. The casino - is good, but don't expect Vegas type service. Activities - we recommend Maid of the Mist and the Jet boat Whirlpool Ride - it was the highlight of our trip. All in all - cheap and enjoyable trip. This hotel has an Applebee's on one side, a TGI Fridays on the other and an Outback and Tony Roma's across the street and down one block. There is also a Starbucks right next to the hotel. I'd say all in all - this is the best value on the strip. Stay away from Embassy Suites on the weekends. Seemed to have issues with check-in's and parking. Didn't see too many happy people there.

Don't believe some of these reviews.

I've never seen such disparity in the descriptions of a hotel. No way the good reviews could be that good, and the bad ones that bad. I get the feeling the bad reviews are from management of surrounding hotels. Much more likely than the reverse. Notice some of the great reports had a few negatives. Most of the bad reviews didn't contain one positive. Staying there next weekend. We'll see.

excellent view

We stayed here for one night and the view fron our room was incredible. This hotel is very nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. The other hotels in the same fallsview area seemed to be more pricey. I think this hotel was a bargain. I did get a better rate by calling the phone number on the website, rather than booking it online. The room was clean but could have been a little cleaner. There were left over finger prints on the window and on the shower tile when we arrived, but otherwise very clean, very big, very nice. There is a new part and old part to this hotel so be aware when booking. We stayed in a premier fallsview room on the 19th floor and you could see the falls from the floor to ceiling windows even while laying in bed. We would stay here again.

Beautiul view, ok hotel

I have to say the staff was very nice and accommodating. We stayed in the sky view suite overlooking the falls. The view was beautiful. The room was ok. I was expecting more. They need to add a mirror in the room. The only one available was in the bathroom. The workout room was "under construction". I was a little disappointed with that. The elevators were quick and I did not feel it was a maze to get to the room like some other reviews stated. Had I paid less money, I would have been satisfied. Base on the rate, I was expecting more (bigger room, more amenities).

the view was great /hotel left something to be desired

i just ret'd from a 3-nt stay @ the oakes & booked the penthouse sky suite. for the money it sounded good but couldn't find any pictures on the internet for it, now i know why. the bilevel suite was loft style however you walk into a loft the size of a closet. the sofa which i was told would be a double was the size of a twin, & was not even made up.yes the staff is helpful but when you're on vacation you don't want to spend time calling for things that should be right the first time.the room had not been vacumed since litter was still in the bedroom & the bathroom. the internet says this luxury room comes with robes ,it doesn't. the staff says it was a typo.we are a family of five so i was looking for space, thank god i brought a blowup bed.requested a crib but what came was a very nasty playpen w/what looked like water stains & no linen, sent it back. i read all previous reviews but thought a room on the 14th fl of the newer part that i'd be content,not. this room was on the observation floor so you get traffic & noise from visitors & guest @ all hours. had i known this was an observation floor i would not have booked it. don't get a package its a waste of money. the breakfast @ applebees was awful & cold after waiting thirty minutes. i had reservations @ the hilton & the new doubletree but cancelled thinking i would not have gotten a good view but now regret my choice because you have the view & thats it

never again

I booked this reservation on line, the hotel is very decieving from the outside . was very unhappy with being put into the "motel" part of the hotel, rooms were dirty,elevator was fillthy too and the halls were blocked with cleaning carts, very unsafe, after 3 different rooms and having to pay more $ to get a room in the nicer "hotel" part, the room was ok, but the service overall was rude, unhelpful and the staff dind't seem well trained..... we will never stay with this hotel again.

Good value...but a few suggestions for travelers.

by TripAdvisor Member SoutheastCT

We had just come back from a two week vacation to Hawaii a month earlier, so this time we were looking for a reasonably priced getaway for a quick enexpensive vacation. This hotel provided just that! It was a great value for the price, and I would stay here again to save money. It was relatively clean and comfortable with a decent amount of space, but it was certainly not a first-class hotel like some reviews are saying. Please trust me on this - if you come here expecting a first-class property like Wyndham or Doubletree, you will be disappointed. I am someone who travels quite a bit and I usually stay at first-class properties. I would call the Oakes a great middle-of-the-road hotel, with fantastic views of the Falls.

We stayed in a Premier Fallsview Jacuzzi room on the 19th floor for 4 nights. The jacuzzi was heart-shaped and plenty big. It operated extremely well, and was set back into an alcove away from the rest of the room. The little alcove was lined with mirrors. This was also the only place you could shower or bathe. There was no privacy, however, we didn't mind at all. It made it sort of fun to be able to see into the room and out to the Falls from the shower. The bed was comfortable.

We got the package including breakfast each day at Applebee's and two $50.00 gift cards for Remington's. We felt the value was wonderful to add on the package deal. But, to make this trip more pleasant - do yourself a favor and avoid the Applebee's that is at this hotel. Take the free shuttle to the one located next to Montana's instead! The service is HORRIBLE at this Applebee's. We actually had the waitress "talk back" to us when she misunderstood our order and brought the wrong thing!

Dinner at Remington's was great. This restaurant and level of service is closer to first-class than the hotel, but still one notch below.

I hope this review has been helpful. It was a great place to stay for the value..and we would definately recommend it to our friends.

Great Hotel

I saw these review on this hotel and had to write my own. I just stayed at this hotel last week and was very happy with my stay. My room was on the 9th floor with a amazing view of the falls. The staff was very friendly and helped with any questions we had. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I would recommend when booking at The oakes you do book your room in highrise not the motel section. Great trip!!!

Comments