Tower Hotel at Fallsview Niagara Falls

6732 Fallsview Blvd., (former Ramada Plaza) Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2G 3W6, Canada

The Tower Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Disappointing

I took a trip to Niagra Falls, and was most looking forward to my stay at the Tower Hotel. I chose this hotel mainly because of the view from the hotel room (I paid extra for a fallsview room and I truly believe it is worth the extra money), but also because I needed the free internet for about an hour for work purposes and because of the Pinnacle Restaurant on the 26th floor with it's incredible view.

However, my visit was nothing like I expected and was a very disappointing experience.

It began with the Valet Service man refusing to tell us where the parking lot is (that we already had paid $15.00 per day for!) because it was "too far away." After we took a left at the light and followed him less than 1/10 of a mile down the road, he could not have made it more obvious that he was waiting for a tip.

When I called to make the reservation, I had an in-depth discussion in to assure that I had the best possible view of the falls in a room that met my needs. Despite how clear I made it that the view from my room was most important to me, I was placed in a room with a very large crack down the middle windowpane with no prior warning of this. The first thing I noticed when I looked out the window was the crack, and not the falls.

Furthermore, when I checked into the hotel, the woman at the front desk gave me a menu with coupons for 10% off of my meal and a free appetizer at the Pinnacle Restaurant. However, as I was told literally seconds later, the restaurant was not open that night because of “expected” reasons. Again, I would have expected prior warning about this information, as it may have persuaded me to choose another hotel during my vacation.

When I tried to utilize the free internet access in the morning, I learned that the internet connection was not working in the hotel, and I was not able to send important emails.

I did make a report in-person before I left and even sent a follow up email. However, I have heard not a single word back from the hotel in the form of either a call or an email. I did not even receive a survey where I could express these concerns.

The view is incredible, and I am sure the restaurant is great. But the deception I encountered makes me give major doubt to the customer service they provide.

Unique Quality: View from fallsview hotel room.

Directions: Falls

More about Tower Hotel at Fallsview Niagara Falls

a view so awesome, i almost didnt want to leave the room!

by TripAdvisor Member toast67

While in Niagara Falls, Canada, we stayed at the Ramada Plaza Hotel Fallsview atop the Minolta Tower. With sweeping, almost panoramic views of both the underrated American falls and more famous Horseshoe Falls, i must say it took my breath away. We actually just gazed out the window(which, by the way, is wall to wall, and floor to ceiling) for 2 hours after checking in.
The staff was extremely friendly, even calling us to ask if we were happy with the room. They also somehow remembered our names and treated us as old friends!
The room was a bit smaller than i expected, but with the spectacular view, it didnt matter at all. The hotel was very clean and well maintained, and within walking distance of nearly every attraction..including the new casino.
The only thing about the hotel that wasnt perfect were the beds. They were adequate, but not the best. Theres also a mandatory valet charge of $10 per day, but its worth it. I needed batteries for my camera, so i called the desk, and a valet ran to my car to get them for me. He even asked if he could take our picture for us. very nice.
Also, it was very reasonably priced at $125 U.S per nite.

Niagara's Best Kept Secret

Yes, that is correct, it is the Falls' best kept secret. I have never heard of this hotel until I did a search on expedia. The room we had was on the 30th floor and had a great view of the Canadian, American Falls and the Rainbow Bridge. The old Minolta tower has a use once again!

Enjoyed our stay very much!

It was my first trip to Niagara Falls in April 2005. My boyfriend and I picked this hotel after reading the reveiws on trip advisor. We had a fallsview room and the view was great. The room was on the small side but it was very well kept and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful as well. One thing that I would keep in mind if you stay here is that they share a parking lot with the hotel across the street so parking is limited. If you can't find parking in the lot, just let them know and they will valet it for you. Parking is $10 a day. We enjoyed our stay very much and would stay here again!

Fabulous stay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Goldie39

Wow!! We had a great stay. To be honest, I never considered the Ramada when doing research, since a lot are not so nice. This one is a jewel. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly, especially Mario who parked our car and tended our baggage. We were on the 28th floor (room 2809) looking straight on the Falls. Very clean, updated room. I'm very picky about the bathroom and there was no moldy, discolored grout. Only beautiful marble tile and jacuzzi tub. We were on a road trip wtih no set plan or reservations. Just before the Falls, we got off to get some info from the Grey Line Tour information office. Good move. As long as you are going to do some type of tour, the Grey Line office can get you a great hotel deal. We ended up with a rate of $89 Canadian!

Ramada Plaza and staff is super!

by TripAdvisor Member carol

My husband and I just returned from a four night stay at the Ramada Plaza. We celebrated our anniversary and we were looking for a smaller hotel instead of the huge chains. (so it depends on what your looking for)

We really enjoyed our stay and is exactly what we had in mind. The view was spectacular along with the staff. Everyone from the front desk, (thanks Amy) to house keeping, and the guys who valet park your car go the extra mile to make your stay a memorable experience. Parking fee of $10 is worth the personal attention and service with a smile. This hotel allows for personal attention because of it's size and the people at Ramada Plaza understand customer service. (so refreshing) Our trip was all the better for having stayed here.

I would recommend a fallsview room if it is within your budget. Our room had a large shower but bathroom itself was small. The towel rack was in the shower and you had no real place to hang the towels when using the shower. (minor complaint but it could use improving)

Our stay included a $75 food allowance that you could use for any meal/meals and we decided to celebrate our anniversary (dinner) at the Pinnacle. Service, ambiance, food, were all above average. Expect to spend over the allowance because food prices (everywhere) our high in the Niagara tourist area.

My tip to the readers is venture away from the tourist area and you will find more ecconomical food choices. We had dinner at a "local" place called Falls Manor with great food and service. (not far from the outlet mall, Canadian side) American side go to Como (Best Italian) and enjoy!

I always use Trip Advisor for choices and advice! That's why I take the time to come back and write a review! Thanks Trip Advisor, I love this site.

Most Spectacular Views

I booked this hotel for a two night stay and didn't expect anything amazing other than the view. Boy was i wrong! On arrival we were allocated a fallsview room which was very clean and the bed was huge. The room was a good size. It had everything we needed for our stay with a vending machine just outside the room door. Toiletries were also provided and the staff were extremely friendly. They helped us get the best rates for taxi to/from the airport (Jewel of Niagara) which can be booked online.

The restaurant was really great for breakfast again with wonderful views. It was right beside the new casino and only a stroll away from other the other attractions Niagara had to offer. This hotel undoubtedly has the most fantastic panoramic views of the Canadian and American Falls of all the hotels in Niagara. Staying here gave us an opportunity to see them at their best bith night and day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Niagara Falls.

Truly breath taking views...

by TripAdvisor Member Threewisemonkeys

My wife and I booked in here for the final two days of our Canadian vacation. I had read the reviews on trip advisor, and I can’t say I was disappointed. On arrival we were made very welcome and taken to our room. My wife just couldn’t believe the view we had from the 30th floor, it was stunning. The hotel staff where amazing, the valet was a good source of local knowledge and gave us good tips on where to go. Although the place is a little strange to look at from the outside, our room was lovely and comfortable, although not massive. There was a fridge, TV, Microwave and coffee maker.

We ate breakfast one day at the Happy Wonderer (a Bavarian style place), the apple and cinnamon pancakes were very yummy. It’s a bit of an odd place but the food and service were second to none. We also tried Planet Hollywood for dinner, that place had zero atmosphere and a very limited menu, so we left without ordering.

Good shopping is to be had at the Niagara outlet mall.

The Perfect Place!

This hotel was the best place we have ever stayed! The views from the room overlooking the falls were absolutely amazing!! The location is close to everything and if you did want to venture out, the valet service was better than some 4-5 star hotels that we have stayed at in the past. The hotel staff was amazing! I felt like I was at home during our stay. They recommended activities and even helped us book our tours and planned our sight seeing while in the area. If you are confused about where to stay - check out this hotel. We recommend room 2801 for the best views of the falls and a very nice jacuzzi tub! We spent hours just sitting on the side of the bed watching the falls! The best part of this hotel is the price. We spent a whole week there for about $700 Canadian (~600 US).

Pretty good for the price

by TripAdvisor Member damnorboven

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, especially when we found our toilet clogged upon arrival. They sent someone up to fix it right away. The room was small but it was clean, and the view was great! We had a city view on the 30th floor, and you could really see alot in the town. The one complaint we had about being on the 30th floor is in regards to the noisy elevator! Every time the elevator moved, it made this horribly loud sound, which made it difficult to sleep at night. While I would recommend staying in this hotel, stay away from the 30th floor!!

Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member mets413

Wonderful view, wonderful service, wonderful food! The hotel was amazing. The most breathtaking view of the falls ~ we could see both the Canadian and American falls from our room. We had a mini fridge and microwave. The room was on the small side, but the view more than makes up for that. There are many places to eat within walking distance.
I will stay again.

AMERICAN FALLSAMERICAN FALLS

Horseshoe Falls at NightHorseshoe Falls at Night

The Observation TowerThe Observation Tower

Half-frozen NiagaraHalf-frozen Niagara

Chinese Restaurant for Rehearsal Dinner for 70 people

by raintree13

Hello from the Virgin Islands. Does anyone know a good Chinese restaurant located somewhere around the Radisson Hotel (or not too far)that has good food and the room to host a buffet for up to 70 people? My son is being married June 30 and I need a place for the rehearsal dinner for June 29. Would be happy for any help.

by raintree13

Thanks for the web site. I would love to get some recommendations and knowledge of seating capabilities.

by YVRDave

Did you call them? or Google for review sites?

by raintree13

Without a personal reference from someone from Niagara Falls, I have to call each and every place, and many of the places do not have an English speaking person available to talk on the phone, so it is a little difficult. And that's not including the cost of calls to Canada. However, I will prevail (I hope) in the end. Thanks for any help.

by graememooney

Which Radisson are you staying at? Radisson Admiral Hotel at the Harbourfront?
Radisson Hotel Toronto East or Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport ?

For "North American" chinese food and an award winning buffet, plus the ability to accommodate your group numbers, check out http://www.mandarinbuffet.com/locations_toronto.html

It has an amazing array of chinese and north american dishes, as well as sushi. You will not leave hungry nor dissatisfied.

This restaurant can be accessed by subway, 1/2 hr. directly north from the downtown core up to mid-town or reasonably by cab or executive bus.

One review for you:
"This place is famous for its award-winning all-you-can-eat buffet tables, featuring an eclectic blend of both Chinese and Canadian dishes. You will have a problem here: deciding what to order from a menu of appetizers, exotic soups and up to 50 salad items. There are also low-fat options hot off the grill.Traditional dishes include chow mein and noodles, steaming rice and egg foo yong. Chicken is prepared so many ways: with almonds, broccoli, mushrooms, curry or pineapple; sweet and sour chicken balls and lemon chicken. There's even something for the vegetarian. A kid favorite is the ice cream and toppings bar. Not only has this chain grown to be the largest of its kind in the world, but it is also big on giving back to the communities it's located in. This is a feel good and feel full kinda place.--Alan A. Vernon "

The one in Niagra Falls

by graememooney

Oh yeah, sorry, forgot to look at the city you were looking for, thanks Dave.

This would be about a 20 minute taxi ride from Niagara Falls, but would certainly be able to accommodate.

G.