8674 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, L2H 1H4, Canada

On a bench at the Lilac GardensOn a bench at the Lilac Gardens

driving directions

by anjula

Hi,
We are visiting toronto next week. I have planed one day trip to Casaloma and niagara falls. I am going to rent a car and visit casaloma first and then drive to the niagara falls. If someone can give me the driving directions to the niagara falls from casaloma that will be great.

by satossa

Check your VT email for map and directions. Enjoy your visit.

by ramot418

The most efficient way to drive from Toronto to Niagara Falls is via the 407 toll road, avoiding all the traffic on the regular roads. The 407 ends around the Hamilton area, at which point you join the regular highway to Niagara Falls.

However, there is a drawback to using the 407 with a rental car. The toll collection is not the standard type, but electronic (see the 407 web site for details). The bill is sent to the rental company who then charges you a few months later together with a handling fee (in my case it was about CAN $8 - ask the rental company when you take the car). It boils down to a personal decision: Which is more important - time or money?

During my stay in the Toronto area, I used the 407 extensively and saved a ton of time, praising my decision as I passed over the 401 gridlock. :) BTW, the rental firm handling fee was a flat rate, no matter how much you used the 407.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip! :)

by satossa

Sorry ramot418, but you are completely wrong. Casa Loma is essentially in downtown Toronto. The 407 is many miles north, the opposite direction from Niagara Falls. To go north (through city centre traffic) to the 407 is a huge unnecessary detour.

by ramot418

I agree. I have been to Casa Loma more than once. My advice was general, i.e., in principle one should strive to use the 407 - and, of course, it also depends where you are starting/finishing up your trip. If you are starting out/ending up in North York it's different than being based in the centre of town.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if one is visiting Casa Loma during the morning hours, one is going to get caught in traffic no matter what. Damage control would be getting there when they open up so as to maximize one's available time. Personally, I would give up going to Casa Loma on that day and go straight to Niagara Falls. Again correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see them arriving before 2pm at the Falls. Does that leave them enough time? Don't know. Depends on how late things are open.

by Faiza-Ifrah

i don't recommend covering Casa Loma and Niagara Falls in the same day. each of these two destinations need a day to them. Casa Loma is definitely 4-5 hour destination. Niagara Falls is at least a full day.

to start from Casa Loma, I would take Spadina Avenue towards south from the base of the hill top all the way to the west exit on Gardiner expressway. Gardiner becomes QEW. i would continue on QEW and then towards the end follow directions to the Niagara Falls (not to Niagara on the Lake, which is a separate city).

Travel Tips for Niagara Falls

Quick sight

by davidlop

This is America, you have plenty of options to see the falls... but the easiest (and also cheapiest) one is to just walk to the view point, located just right on the Canadian fall edge. Even you may touch the water just before it falls down, from the viewing point secure ground.

Feel the water move you.

by JennysTravels

There a great viewpoint of the brink of Niagara Falls right along the pathway. You can see the water rush over the falls. It moving. I make it there at least twice a year. To find it, just look for the huge group of people by Table Rock.

Spring in Niagara Falls

by Faiza-Ifrah

Spring season comes with crocuses and daffodils adorning the park area. 30,000 bulbs of daffodils along Niagara Parkway offer 180 degree tourism to those interested in flowers. We noted that spring came to the Niagara Falls area slightly later than in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Whereas daffodils were fading out and giving way to tulips in the GTA, they were still in their prime blooms in the area. Early tulips had begun blooming too, but most of them were still in pre-blooming development stage.

Clear the way to the bathroom

by PeterH1980 about Johnny Rocco's

I recently had a somewhat traumatic experience at this new restaurant. When I began eating me entrée, it tasted alright, but as I was eating it I began to feel ill, the feeling became stronger and stronger and suddenly I new I needed to get to the bathroom ASAP. It was a rather violent episode of vomiting, not very enjoyable to say the least. When I returned I asked the waitress to take the meal away, she didn’t ask why and just took it away. I asked her to check it for me, and explained what had happened. Shortly after a manager came over and asked how I was feeling, he then told me he would take the meal off my bill. When the bill came he hadn’t taken the entrée off the bill as he had said, he only took $6 off a $17 entrée which I had barely touched. He told me “there was nothing wrong with the chicken, it was only the sauce that made you sick” In all my years of eating out I have never had such a slap in the face, and all so he could pocket an extra $11. The golden rule in the restaurant industry is that if your customer is in any way not satisfied with their meal you DO NOT charge them for it, none the less if you’ve made them sick from it. I don’t care how good your food is, if you can’t back it up with good customer service you’ll never succeed it in this business.

NOT CHEAP!

by Triviara about Denny's

The menu just about made us run out the door, but we stayed because kids were hungry and didnt want to embarrass ourselves. The prices are crazy.
$15.99 for chicken fingers and fries
$12.60 for mini burgers and fries
$12.00 nachos
Omelettes $12 and up.

$65.00 for lunch!!! I was disgusted!

Comments