57 The Promenade, Niagara-on-the-Lake, L0S 1J0, Canada
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Britaly Bed and Breakfast

The best of the best

by TripAdvisor Member emr123

I have spent the last few weeks trying to write a review worthy of the stay that we had at Britaly. I have come to the conclusion that it cannot be done; Britaly must be experienced to be appreciated.
It is located outside of the throngs of tourists, but just a short and lovely walk from the town center. The breakfasts live up to their reputation, and though they are divine, the real joy comes from the pride that Graham and Aldo have in each and every dish that they prepare.
I have been to numerous B&Bs, and this is the one that I most look forward to returning to. The charming location, beautiful rooms and gourmet breakfasts are a definite lure, but the warmth and good conversation that Aldo and Graham offer are what I will be most happy to return to. Well, that and of course, the wagging tail of Rufus.

B&B First Timer!

This was my first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast, so I didn't know what to expect. The breakfast was great in the mornings, and everyday it was a different breakfeast, which consited of the famous muffins, a main meal,and some fruits afterwords. It was quite filling. The rooms itself were very nice and cozy. Check out the nearby winery's if you get a chance aswell... Love, Love Eat!

Fantastic Hosts - The Best Accommodations !

by TripAdvisor Member JayJ253402

Without a doubt I can say that our recent trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake and nearby Niagara Falls was a success not just for the beautiful scenery, but more importantly for the gracious hospitality and fantastic accommodations at Britaly Bed & Breakfast. My partner and I had planned a get-away to just sit back and relax. Since the trip occurred over Thanksgiving week, we anticipated inclement weather and the need to spend a considerable amount of time inside. We wanted to stay at a place that was warm and friendly. After reading many reviews we selected Britaly, not sure if it would live up to its reputation. We were not disappointed.

In addition to all the rave reviews already posted in regards to Britaly's cozy rooms, superb service, and tasty breakfast meals (We see no need to repeat what everyone is saying – It’s true), we would like to comment on the availability of fireplaces, distance from downtown, and Rufus.

To be absolutely clear, both the English and Italian rooms have fireplaces (electric but very toasty and warm). We were slightly confused when we were researching since the one in the Italian suite is not visible in the panorama picture on their website. Our choice was the “English Room” with windows overlooking the backyard that also caught the warm morning sun.

The distance from downtown (about 1 mile) was not a problem at all considering one can walk or bike the distance in less than 20 minutes (We understand that free bicycles are provided by Britaly). You will have the enjoyable options of going through city streets and browse the nice inns and homes or along the park which follows the Niagara River and browse the restored Fort George. This distance from town was actually a blessing for us since it contrasted with the hustle and bustle of the quaint downtown and enhanced the homey feeling of Britaly.

On discussing Rufus, my partner Vy is REALLY not a pet person at all. However, he was immediately won over by Rufus... Rufus was friendlier than Graham and Aldo – just kidding! All day long as Graham and Aldo do their chores around the house, Rufus would follow them and lie down and stare at them with those big puppy eyes. The house was so clean that we were hard pressed to find ANY puppy fur anywhere in the house much less on the second floor where the guest rooms are. Further, Rufus was such a quiet dog that the only time we heard a SINGLE 'woof' out of him was that once, in 5 days, when he and Aldo were watching TV. Vy would seriously consider adopting Rufus if Graham and Aldo wanted a break (smiles).

Perhaps the best part of Britaly is the feeling you leave with – being part of a “family”. Vacations end all too soon, but leaving here was especially hard. Aldo and Graham go beyond the call of duty when it comes to running a bed and breakfast. You can see and feel they truly love what they do. Their enthusiasm is catchy. Their friendship is lasting. I believe both of us shed a tear as we walked out the front door. I cannot recommend a better place to stay.

Joel and Vy

These Ohioans LOVE Britaly!

There’s a good reason why Britaly B&B is currently rated No. 1 on Tripadvisor. It’s because the owners/hosts are masters at making their guests comfortable.

First, you must know that Graham, Aldo and Rufus will be your good friends by the time your trip has ended. Which is not to say they’re pushy. If you’re not the social type, they will respect your space. But why go to a B&B if you don’t want to interact with others? And these are people you will want to get to know better. British Graham, Italian Aldo and Canine Rufus (with his lovable, manipulative John Belushi eyebrows), are the nicest people (and dog) you’d ever want to meet. They’re so full of stories, personality and good humor, you’ll find yourself lingering at the breakfast table long after the last course, just to enjoy their company.

Other reviewers have raved about the incredible daily breakfasts. Believe every positive comment you read, and forget any plans you may have had for lunch. The sumptuous Britaly breakfasts will stay with you until dinnertime.

The rooms are cozy, the coffee (or tea, if you prefer) outside the rooms each morning was a small detail that scored big points with my wife and I during our recent four-night stay in the Italian Room.

One thing I don’t think others have mentioned is Britaly’s distance from the center of town. We were concerned that it might be too far away from all the shopping and restaurants. Not to worry. While Britaly is outside the main areas — in a residential neighborhood — it’s just down the street from the Pillar and Post and only about a 20-minute walk to the main shopping area (Queen St.). By car, you can get there in about 4 minutes.

On your next visit to Niagara on the Lake, you must try Britaly B&B. It’s VERY reasonably priced, especially when you factor in the breakfast! Frankly, I can’t think of one negative thing to write about Britaly — except that our stay was too short.

We'll try to add photos soon.

An Unforgettable and Fabulous Weekend at Britaly B&B!

by TripAdvisor Member Aimevoyages

Hello everyone!

My friend and I stayed at Britaly B&B in Niagara-on-the-Lake for the first time during the weekend of Dec. 2-4, 2005. We had an incredibly memorable, enjoyable and relaxing time there.

I agree with all the outstanding reviews which have been posted so far, and since a picture is worth a thousand words, I have appended pictures I have taken of this beautiful B&B, their wonderful and perfect hosts, Graham, Aldo and Rufus, and not to forget their famous 'sumptious' breakfasts!

A huge treat for us was seeing their house beautifully decorated for Christmas which put us into the Christmas mood even further.

Anyone wanting to have a perfect B&B stay or want to start their own B&B, should get in touch with Aldo and Graham since they know exactly how a perfectly run B&B should be. Their attention to detail is incredible!

Book a stay there and you will find yourself looking forward to planning your next trip there, shortly after you have left it... I know I do!

Graham & Aldo make you feel like family!

by TripAdvisor Member ddipasquale

Hello all!
It has taken me some time to write this review, because of all of the wonderful things I wanted to say about the Britaly...
My husband and I went to NOTL for a much needed Thanksgiving get-away. We spent 6 days at the Britaly which ended up being much too short! We found a peaceful, cozy, friendly atmosphere at the Britaly and really did not want to leave! Graham and Aldo really made us feel like family. They were the most gracious of hosts - so very helpful, however not at all intrusive.

The coffee outside of your bedroom was a wonderful touch. Their breakfasts were wonderfully prepared and presented. Starting with the homemade granola, the breakfasts were just scrumptious - the muffins du jour were always served warm and were so moist and tasty, the hot entrees were always a treat – from the German apple pancakes to the egg filled puffed pastry – everything was delicious. The European yogurt and fresh fruit – with plump blackberries, raspberries, kiwi fruit, etc., as a finale was impossible to pass up even on a full stomach. As the couple from Ohio commented – we did not eat lunch the entire time we were in NOTL.

Graham and Aldo have a beautiful home, and even with a yellow Labrador in the house, they manage to keep their home extremely clean. Rufus was a wonderful compliment to the house – he’s a big sweetheart for a dog and such a gentle fellow.

Everything about the Britaly is just simply fantastic – my husband and I both agree that it is the nicest B&B we have ever stayed at, and it is truly because of the hospitality we received from Aldo and Graham. My husband and I definitely look forward to returning to the Britaly!

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful

OK, I have to be honest. I have two yellow labs, and I knew that I would miss them while I was on vacation so I scheduled our stay ALMOST ENTIRELY based on the fact that one of the hosts was of the canine variety. Don't get me wrong, the pictures and description were nice, but I have to admit it would have taken a lot to sway me. What a wonderful surprise! Aldo and Graham are delightful, fun and gracious hosts. We found ourselves "hanging out" with them and enjoying their company immensely. The breakfast was extremely high-end and consisted of multiple courses. If you enjoy good food and are not satisfied with a continental breakfast, this is the place for you. Our rooms were impeccable and large. Last but not least, Rufus was a delight. If you are dog-lover, prepare yourself to meet a lovely, lovely creature. If you are not, don't worry, he is very reserved and is happy to leave you alone if you are uncomfortable. We loved Britaly and Niagara-on-the-lake. It was a great experience at an even better value.

Arby and Vera
Tomball, Texas

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member samand

Graham and Aldo are the perfect hosts! They made us feel welcome as soon as we entered and their kindness continued throughout our visit. The breakfast was fit for royalty. My friend has a dislike for eggs and the planned menu was changed immediately and without fuss. We were served wonderful homemade granola and muffins and a german apple pancake that melted in the mouth.

Attention to detail is the first thing you notice when you begin your stay. You know that this B&B is managed with great care. The house is spotless. Cool bottled water is offered near the bedrooms. Coffee is outside your door in the morning and fresh flowers greet you in the bedrooms. I have a problem back and I am always concerned about a stay away from home, but the mattress in the English room is more comfortable than mine at home!

Rufus, the golden lab, is a treasure. He is friendly if you want him to be, but waits to be invited before visiting.

I think this B&B is the standard by which others should be measured.

Hail to the Britaly!

by TripAdvisor Member GeriS

My husband and I just returned from a three night stay at Britaly. This was a mini-reunion with his sister and brother-in-law whom we hadn’t seen in almost three years. We usually prefer large hotels but a B&B seemed more appropriate for NOL. We picked Britaly because of the rave reviews we read on TripAdvisor. It definitely lived up to all of our expectations! From the moment we arrived, Aldo and Graham were perfect hosts, as was Rufus. They gave us great restaurant and sightseeing recommendations. The rooms are very comfortable and each one has a unique decor. We enjoyed using the beautifully decorated guest lounge before dinner each evening. In fact, the entire B&B is decorated with wonderful antiques they’ve collected over the years. Also, be sure to walk through their lovely gardens. They provide coffee and tea outside the rooms each morning followed by an amazing breakfast! Everything is cooked from scratch and absolutely delicious. We’re looking forward to our next stay.

Elegance, Comfort and Hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member 82573

The couple we were traveling with did a great deal of research before selecting a B&B and their hard work paid off. We've never stayed at a B&B with the same combination of elegance, comfort and hospitality. The rooms were beautifully appointed. Paintings and antiques abound, and we enjoyed sharing wine we had discovered on our tour of the vineyards in the guest parlor. There was a small refrigerator near the sleeping rooms, stocked with bottled water for the guests and available for us to keep other beverages chilled. A tray with coffee and/or tea (depending on guests' preferences) was delivered right outside our bedroom door each morning. It was great to start each day by taking a cup of coffee or tea out to the garden. There is a fish pond with waterfall and a number of seating areas. The landscaping and the soothing sound of the waterfall made the garden a great place to relax. The breakfasts were delicious, abundant and elegantly served. A breafast menu is left on your pillow each night (along with chocolate truffles) so you have plently to time to work up an appetite. While all of this is lovely, what really makes the Britaly stand out is the impeccable hospitality offered by Aldo and Graham (and Rufus of course). They supplied excellent recommendations for restaurants, and we left with a list of books we wanted to read and movies we wanted to see, thanks to the lively breakfast conversations. They are wonderful hosts and we are definitely planning to return.

FRONT ENTRY GATE TO PELLER ESTATESFRONT ENTRY GATE TO PELLER ESTATES

2nd but favourite  ~ www.morgan-motor.co.uk2nd but favourite ~ www.morgan-motor.co.uk

Strewn'sStrewn's