85 Melville Street, Box 760, Niagara-on-the-Lake, L0S 1J0, Canada

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Amazing Place to stay in Niagara on the Lake

We had heard so many great things from our friends about this hotel that we had to see it for ourselves. We are fans of the Shaw Theatre, but were not planning on going down to Niagara-on-the-Lake this year as our agendas were very booked up. However, because of the reviews from friends (and of course trip advisor!), we decided it was time to see what all of the hype was about. Well.........it's all true!!! The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. It is only a couple of years old but seems to fit into it's surroundings as if it has been there for a century. It is completely spotless insided and out and the service is truely the best I have ever experienced while staying in a hotel. What I mean by this is that the staff all seem to know just enough about your preferences to ensure you get a personalized experience. Normally the down-side to this type of care is that in order to provide this type of care, there are always staff around you, which can become a nuisance. Somehow the Harbour House has managed to offer staff that are around and eager to help you when needed and are gone when you want to be alone. Ahhh, I count the days until our return. Thank you Harbour House, you set an example of excellence that hopefully more hotels will start living up to.

Unique Quality: SERVICE SERVICE SERVICE
    welcome treats
    personalized touches
    breakfast
    beds
    bathrooms
    closest hotel in NOTL to the water

Directions: very close to water, 2 blocks from downtown.

More about Harbour House Hotel

Cuddle up close & enjoy the Harbour House Hotel!

We selected the Harbour House using Trip Advisor and were delighted with the friendly, professional service and lovely room. Fireplace, cookies, ice were waiting for us plus evening wine tastings and fabulous breakfasts every day made a perfect stay. Harbour House staff was knowledgable and helpful - they made our theatre reservations, dinner reservations and sent driving directions with a single call for a room reservation. Book early for spring & summer stays or plan a relaxing trip in the fall after the season!

Exceeded high expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Vegastrip

I have stayed at great hotels and this quaint boutique hotel was obviously a vision that met expectations. I have enjoyed many stays in the region but I find the Harbour House to be what one expects for the price. I could go on with some length about all the great things that the Harbour House and it's wonderful staff does right but I will only say that the Harbour House does NOTHING wrong and isn't that what you really want when you want to get away. I highly recommend the Harbour House Hotel.

Heaven on Earth

by TripAdvisor Member ESTO-DIGNUS

A wonderful surprise awaits any visitors to the beautiful town of Niagara-on-the-Lake that decide to stay at the Harbour House Hotel. The Honeymoon Suite (#309) is incredible and the staff's enthusiastic approach in helping me set up a surprise anniversary weekend for my wife went above and beyond.

All aspects of the weekend exceeded my expectations and every request was granted, from placing the welcome gift on the bed and chilled champagne in the room on arrival, to returning to the room full of lit candles, scattered rose petals and turned down bed after our evening stroll - we felt transported to another time.

A 5-star Hotel with 10-star service. I would like to keep this little piece of heaven on earth a secret but it would be unfair to others. Thank you HHH for having the concept to create a truly magical environment for your guests. We'll have to return soon to make sure our first visit wasn't a dream!

Great Cozy Spot

Found this cozy liitle Inn via the Internet and decided to book two nights during our trip to Ontario in October. My wife and I were very happy with our choice as the deluxe room was very quiet and comfortable. The extra touches: Cookies, cd's, bath robes, fireplace, extremely comfortable duvet, were just what we wanted. Winetasting in the lobby and the morning breakfast buffet were very nice touches. Great location just a few minutes walk from down town. The staff were all very friendly. Would definetly return.

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member SkyeTraveler

A very comfortable and friendly place. We booked one of their theater-and-dinner packages last June during the Shaw Festival and were delighted with it. The Peller Winery was a wonderful place to have dinner, and the inn provides a shuttle service if you'd rather not drive. (A good idea, as you'll obviously want to sample the restaurant's wine list!) We had a nice chat with the owner, and she clearly is eager to make guests feel welcomed and cared for.

We also rented a couple of their bikes and cycled to the falls. (One minor complaint: several of the bikes had not been well maintained, so it took a while to find one that didn't have flat tires, etc. Why risk having a guest injure him/herself?)

Otherwise -- highly recommended.

It was Perfect.

We went to Niagara-on-the-Lake for two nights to getaway from Sunny Cleveland, and we made all our arrangements through the front desk of the Harbour House. They were very helpful in arranging our visit, including buying our tickets to a show for us and arranging our dinner reservations. Everyone was courteous and considerate to us and made us feel truly welcome.

The first floor of the Inn has a comfortable sitting area with gas fireplace where guests can congregate for breakfast or for the wine tasting held every afternoon. They partner with a different NOTL Vineyard each month and serve the vineyards wines at the tastings. The tastings are also an opportunity to share information with other guests and staff regarding things to see and do in the area.

The room we stayed in was wonderful - elegant yet modern, with the most magnificent feather bed! The gas fireplace across from the bed and sitting area was a welcome sight in late November. The bathroom was large and the jaccuzi was great for soaking the old back after a day of traveling. The glass-front walk-in shower was great, too! The granite-top bathroom counter was expansive and there was ample space for all of our sundries without cluttering up the space. Peaceful space.

On the desk in the room were cookies from the Hotel manager, and other goodies as a welcoming gift. The Front Desk staff called to be sure all was right with the room as we settled in. Very professional, yet very welcoming and hospitable.

Dinner was included with our "Snuggly" package, and we chose the three course dinner at the Charles Inn. The staff transported us to the Charles Inn by a mini-van the Inn uses to transport guests to and from the restaurants and shows. At the Charles Inn, the dining room was old-world elegant with an large gas fireplace near our table! The Menu was outstanding and we had appetizers, entrees, a cheeseplate of french and canadian cheeses, and excellent local wine pairings throughout the meal!

The staff recommended a local bistro (The Stone Road Grille) for dinner the night we arrived, and we found the cuisine to be creative and the atmoshere delightful! Breakfasts each morning were a delight, with all manner of breads as well as jams and jellies from the local orchards. There was a very nice hot casserole every morning as well.

In sum, our visit to NOTL was wonderful in large measure due to the superb service and understated elegance of the rooms. I would recommend the Harbour House without hesitation.

Absolute Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member murphy713

The Harbour House is a little slice of heaven in charming Niagara on the Lake. The hotel is pure luxury with attentive and caring staff. The rooms themselves are gorgeous - down filled beds and comforters, complimentary cookies and a huge jacuzzi! The amiable staff will even make reservations for you and recommend activities around town. I have stayed twice and would recommend this hotel to anyone interested in truly experiencing all Niagara on the Lake has to offer. The Harbour House is beautiful, charming and welcoming to all.

World class!

I recently traveled to Toronto on business from Hong Kong and was encouraged to take in some of the sights in Niagara. A friend recommended Harbour House and I can say with certainty that it was the highlight of the trip. The service was impeccable, the rooms full of charm and luxury and I even looked forward to the amazing breakfasts! Thank you - rest assured that I'll be back the next time I'm in your "neck of the woods!"

Again a hit!!

by TripAdvisor Member Dummy_8

Once again I stayed at this wonderful Hotel called 'Harbour House' It was Christmas time and with the decorations all in place, the fireplaces burning and the wonderful baking aroma from the kitchen floating through the downstairs cozy rooms, I thoughed I was home!!!
Our room was so elegant, luxurious and over the top comfortable, that I really did not want to leave it. Specially since I had a flat T.V. in the bathroom which I joyfully watched while soaking in a grand whirlpool!
The servise staff coud not do enough for us and was friendly, efficiant and kind.
Yes, I can only highly recomment this fine establishment to anybody who wants to come to Niagara on the Lake in Ontarion and enjoys to be spoiled!

Comments