Hilltop Manor Hot Tub and Garden Retreat B & B

344 Gage Street, P.O. Box 968, Niagara-on-the-Lake, L0S 1J0, Canada

More about Hilltop Manor Hot Tub and Garden Retreat B & B

Best B&B in the World

by TripAdvisor Member Sean106

There is so many great things to say about Hilltop Manor. To start with the hostess, Karen Poynton, was so delightful. She gives off such a welcoming persona that one immediately feels at home - not to mention she is an outstanding cook!

The garden/sitting area in the back was breathtaking - it is truly a great experience to sit out back with a glass of Niagara wine and pass an evening with a fire or even a hot tub.

The breakfast was amazing, the house was beautiful, it was simply a great experience - one that cannot be turned down or surpassed.

Tiptop at the Hilltop

by TripAdvisor Member jaybags

Our hostess, Karen, provided us with a sumptuous breakfast each morning -- usually three courses. For example, one morning we had a sticky bun with cream cheese filling, baked apples, and quiche. Another morning we had lemon poppyseed squares, caramelized pears, and spanikopita. The coffee is top rate and plentiful for your busy day at NOTL. We stayed in the Blue Room -- lovely appointments, large private bathroom, bottled water provided at no chrage, interesting framed art depicting fashion from the Victorian age. While we did not take advantage of the hot tub, other guests did. It is also worth noting that Karen is a delightful, attractive woman with excellent suggestions about where to eat and, perhaps most importantly, what to avoid. Toby -- her border collie puppy -- is also a charming host. The house is located less than a ten minutes walk from the main drag of the villlage -- past gorgeous homes, pristine gardens, and along shady, sidewalked streets. We'll think of no other place to stay the next time we come to NOTL.

Absolutely beautiful!

by TripAdvisor Member MSTravelbuffs

My husband and I stayed at the Hilltop Manor the first weekend of August, and we had an absolutely fantastic time!! This was a perfect wedding gift. (Gift certificates are available.. and as a recipient of one, I would highly recommend them!)

The moment we pulled into the driveway, we knew it was going to be a gorgeous house, and we were right on! The second that our hostess Karen greeted us at the door and welcomed us, we felt like we were visiting a good friend.

Our room was the Heritage Room, and we loved the decor! It was very clean and comfortable to stay in.

The next morning we went downstairs to the dining room, where we sat with other guests who were very kind, as well as Toby (the dog) who was very eager to play (I made friends with him the night before, so he remembered!) The breakfast was a perfect size for us and very delicious: a fruit tray, blueberry cake, and a quiche with some salad, along with coffee or tea. The breakfast was served on some elegant blue china. We felt like Royalty!
We then decided to hop into the hot tub, located on the deck in the gardens. It was so relaxing and perfect right after breakfast. Again, we felt like we were visiting really good friends!

The flowers and gardens were beautiful on the deck, as well as on the rest of the property.

So to sum our experience up, I would say: This place is a must for everyone who is visiting Niagara on the Lake!! Gorgeous house, amazing hostess, comfortable and unique rooms, relaxing hot tub, delicious dinner, a sweet doggy named Toby, and only a 10 minute walk from downtown.

Highly recommended! We can't wait to visit our friends again!

Mr. and Mrs. Dragan, Burlington, Ontario

Great stay!

by TripAdvisor Member kilocoles

The Heritage room was very nice with comfortable furniture, interesting and tasteful decorations, and a clean, modern bathroom. The breakfast was excellent starting with fruit salad and a home-made scone. And then a divine baked apple creation. The owner was extremely helpful, providing an iron and an excellent book to read. We really enjoyed our stay.

I wish I was still at the Hilltop Manor!

by TripAdvisor Member CBallCalifornia

The Hilltop Manor was one of the best B&B's I've visited (I've had the good fortune of staying in many around the world). Karen is fabulous - very welcoming - and the food was amazing. It's not everyday I have a three course breakfast! Toby (the dog) is also prety darn nice. The house is very beautiful and not grandma like as many B&B's are. It was spacious and very clean.

I would defintely want to stay there again if I'm able to go back to Niagara on the Lake. By the way if you haven't been there yet you should! It's beautiful but take some bug spray. The mosquitos got us a few times by the lake. The wineries were great and the weather was beautiful.

Hope you'll give the Hilltop Manor a chance and enjoy it as much as I did.

back for the breakfasts, the bed and all the comforts of home!

by TripAdvisor Member terraverde

Back Again!
My boyfriend and I visited the Hilltop Manor for the second time this summer and the stay was even better than the first (if that was possible!).
We had a lovely weekend, mostly thanks to Karen (the owner of Hilltop Manor). After a rocky start to our weekend away, including missed dinner reservations and lost play tickets, Karen helped us get right back on track, she phoned restaurants for us and made reservations, she found us replacement play tickets at the very last minute and to top it all off, she even got us a littlke token gift for all our troubles. Karen was and is the epitome of accomodating, from start to finish. She was amazing and after having met her for the second time, we feel like she is part of our family. She is warm and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble.
Thank you Karen for a fabulous weekend! AGAIN!! We can't wait to come back and visit with you! And thank you for making our stay in Niagara on the Lake feel like we never left home...

Loved Karen's Breakfast and Comfy Bedroom

by TripAdvisor Member PetawawaLink

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations and breakfasts at the Hilltop Manor. Since I had arrived with a very sore back, I also enjoyed the hot tub on the property. Karen was definitely a great hostess and a great cook.

I would definitely go back again.

Petawawa, ON folks

Hilltop Manor a delightful retreat

by TripAdvisor Member Gramasue

My sister and I spent the night at Hilltop after 3 nights in Niagara. (We couldn't get reservations before). It was the highlight of our trip. Karen was a gracious host and the home was very unique, comfortable, and pleasant. She helped us find places to eat which were wonderful. Delicious breakfast. The area is beautiful. I want to return.

Hilltop Manor was a wonderful experience!

by TripAdvisor Member WhitbyTravellers

September 19 - September 21, 2008
This is our 10th stay at B & B's in Niagara but our first stay here at Hilltop Manor. This home and hostess comes out on top. Karen felt like an old friend from the beginning. Her breakfasts were wonderful, the beds are comfortable, her home is warm and inviting and she was very helpful with suggestions, coupons and dinner reservations. Bottled water and bathrobes in the room is a very nice touch that we have not come across before. A bar fridge upstairs was convenient for our cold drinks at night. We have already booked for next year and will look forward to seeing Karen (and Toby the dog) next year.
Thanks again for your hospitality Karen!
Ken and Liane Bolton
Whitby, Ontario

Cozy and Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member DaveandDiane76

My wife and I really enjoyed our three day stay at Hilltop Manor . The breakfasts were delicious and changed daily. Our hostess Karen provided wine tasting coupons and great recommendations for dining, The bed was very comfortable and allowed for a restful mini vacation. Toby, Karen's dog was very friendly and playful. Short and easy walking distance to Shaw theaters and restaurants.

We would highly recommend a stay at the Manor with Karen and Toby.

David and Diane Starr
Warren, OHio

INSIDE PELLER ESTATESINSIDE PELLER ESTATES

useful plebs www. cheerstowineandfood.comuseful plebs www. cheerstowineandfood.com

Breakfast and HostsBreakfast and Hosts