In Elegance Bed and Breakfast

9 Harmony Drive, Niagara-on-the-Lake, L0S 1J0, Canada

More about Niagara-on-the-Lake

ONE OF THEIR GRAVE VARIETALS, AND ITS A GOOD ONE!ONE OF THEIR GRAVE VARIETALS, AND ITS A GOOD ONE!

Niagara-on-the-Lake (2006)Niagara-on-the-Lake (2006)

Books ~ Info from Knowledgable, Friendly ownersBooks ~ Info from Knowledgable, Friendly owners

Queen Street with CeotaphQueen Street with Ceotaph

NOTL in November

by nugs44

My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary at the Pillar & Post at the end of November - #1 - is it still worth doing a wine tour at that time? Has anyone ever taken one of the cooking classes I see advertised on some sites at the wineries? And lastly, what are a few "can't miss" things to do at that time of year? Thanks for your time.

Re: NOTL in November

by JennysTravels

Hello there.

I love this little town and I did a lot of my growing up there. If you have never been to The Pillar and Post then you are in for a wonderful experince. I used to work at the bar/lounge. When I was small my grandfather would take me here for afternoon tea and we would sit, he would talk with his freinds and I would admire the atmosphere.

It's definalty worth doing a wine tour at that time of year in NOTL. I recommend Peller Estates Winery, Jackson-Trigss Winery and in the town of NOTL there is a small tasting shop. Im sorry at this time I don't recall the name of this shop but is across from the town clock. I have done many tastings here and have enjoyed each one. Also check out Hildebrand Winery.

I haven't done any of the cooking classes. However I used to work for a chef that hosted these events and he told me the turn out was decent. If you have the time I would indulge in this activity.

Ok ... not to miss. That time of year is hit and miss with the weather. Take a peek into The Prince of Wales Hotel, it's on the corner you can't miss it. Try some Canadian Fudge and Maple Syrup.

If you have a car take a drive to Niagara Falls. About a 30 minute drive from NOTL. This is my hometown. If you have any questions on NF check out my NF pages here on VT.

Happy Travels.

Travel Tips for Niagara-on-the-Lake

This is a picture of a beautiful Inn & Restaurant

by Waalewiener

Kiely Inn Dining Room - is a fully licensed restaurant offering lunch, traditional English tea and dinner in our elegant Victorian Dining Room. Reservations recommended. Queen Street Lounge - features a delightful grille menu to satisfy everyone's tastes. In season, service is also offered on our spacious verandahs. Open year round.
209 Queen Street @ Mississauga Street
Niagara on the Lake L0S 1J0
905-468-4588
1-800-511-7070
Fax: 905-468-2194
uppercanadahotel@aol.com

StoneChurch Vineyards

by fardarrig76

We visite Stonechurch for reasons of trying to save money. They had a free trail around their vineyards so you can get right out there and see the grapes. They also offered fairly inexpensive tastings. 3 wine tastings for $2.00 and 1 Ice Wine tasting for $2.00. The bartenders were very helpful and had great suggestions.

This was a great experience, bought a bottle of wine and two of their glasses. The glasses made a great gift for remembering the day.

EastDell Estates

by flyfreak

Situated atop the famed Niagara Escarpment in Beamsville, EastDell Estates offers visitors the opportunity to experience the majesty of Ontario's wine country. Possessing one of the finest views on the Wine Route, EastDell's Bench Bistro overlooks rolling benchlands and lush vineyards with Lake Ontario and the Toronto skyline shimmering in the distance.

Comments