700 Lakeshore Dr, North Bay, ON P1A2G4

BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• A very nice hotel

I was in for a company meeting and had never been to North Bay before. Being from the south, I had never come up this way and thought it was a lot farther than it actually was; about 3.5 hours North of Toronto.
    When I get to the hotel, I walk into this very impressive lobby with two beautiful staircases. I couldn't immediately see where my meeting was, though I realized after that I had walked right by the events board, so I asked the lovely lady at the desk, Kathy I believe, and she was nice enough to direct me to my meeting room.
    There was a couple add ons that I needed and the gentleman that helped me was incredibly quick and reminded me of service I get in places such as the Royal York. We had lunch of the buffet in the dining room, and I was amazed of what you could get for only $12.95. Down south, you would pay $20.00+ for the same spread.
    After the meeting was over, I was about to leave the hotel to stay where my travel agent had booked me. I decided to cancel my existing reservation, and stay here; if my experience so far was any indication of what the rest of my stay was going to be like, I would have to come up and make the Best Western North Bay my hotel of choice for another of these events in the near future.
    Well I wasn't disappointed. I walked into my room (at a better price than what I was paying at the Holiday) and was happy to find a nice sized desk as well as a clean room. I decided to go down to their other restaurant for dinner and was treated to a real pickerel dinner. It was absolutely fantastic!
    The only regret was that I hadn't brought my swim trunks as they have a very nice indoor pool, and a couple of saunas. I'll have to remember that next time.
    All in all a fantastic stay. One i will do again.

Unique Quality: 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, jacuzzi, and saunas, exercise room, tons of meeting space.

Directions: Easiest way to get there was to take the highway exit to Lakeshore Dr. Mapquest took me through the main part of the city and that was a little confusing.

Comments