123 Delaware Avenue, North Bay, P1B 6Z6, Canada

Satisfaction Terrible

• LeahB's Profile Photo

The WORST!

Some points about our stay

Greeted by nasty older woman at the desk who IMMEDIATELY started snapping at us.

Room smelled like URINE and was filthy.

Motel has permanent tenents, some of which were intoxicated.

A party raged on until 4 am and staff refused to take action.

All for $100.00

NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!!!!!

Unique Quality: If you've ever wanted to feel like a 40s gangster hiding in a flop house while you're on the lam, this is the place for you.

Directions: Follow your nose!

More about Voyager Inn

Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel

by vtveen about Newmarket

Arriving in Toronto late in the afternoon and intending to drive further north the next day we were looking for accommodation more or less outside the suburbs of Toronto. Although we prefer staying in B&B’s we couldn’t find anything and emailed some hotels in the Newmarket area (not too much available).
Voyageur Place did react most properly on our emails and we decided to make a reservation for one night.

These kind of ‘business’ hotels are more or less all the same. You check in, find your room, watch TV, sleep for the night, pay your bill and leave.

The Buttery Restaurant is adjacent to the hotel (in the same building) and serves breakfast, lunch or dinner. We found the way of serving breakfast a little bit strange, because we had to pay for every slice of bread, cup of tea or what ever we wanted to eat or drink (extra). The hotel has nothing special and there is nothing wrong (although the interior is slightly outdated and could also use a brush of paint). It is just what one can expect in this kind of hotel.

A Good Value Choice

by canuckmike about Michael's Inn

I enjoyed my one night stay here. The rooms were a little older but had a nice feel to them and not the same standard style all the hotels seems to have now. The tv was small but I guess it goes with the room. This place also have theme rooms for romantic getaways but I never saw them. There is an indoor pool and fitness area but I didn't use them. There is also free parking which I did use. ATM is near the lobby and there is a little gift shop there as well. The restaurant is not bad and had decent breakfast options. The location is really quite good and is in walking distance to just about everything here for tourists.

Radisson hotel, Niagara Falls

by sim1

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel and was really happy with my choice. The rooms were great and I had a nice view over the Horseshoe Falls. I am not sure if all rooms have that view though, as the hotel is partly screened off from the falls by a neighbouring hotel.

The disadvantages: the awful smell of the pool as soon as you enter the lobby. Hahaha, so walk quickly to the elevators and don't stay there. Maybe another disadvantage is the distance to the falls. The hotel is located right 'above' the Horseshoe Falls, but there are no stairs climbing down the hill directly to the Falls. Instead you have to make a nice detour to get there. But having said that, I was really happy with my choice. I wouldn't mind staying here again.

We booked this hotel by surfing on the internet and comparing prices and offers on different dates and different hotels. And that is a good tip to do! There are lots of price differences in this area and they do make some great offers at times on hotel rooms. If you are not stuck on a specific date to visit Niagara Falls might really help lower your hotel costs. Being flexible is the way to find a great bargain through the internet.

Good hotels

by mintball about Best Western

We stayed at the Best Western Hotel in Whistler and it was really very good. Hope thats of use to you. This hotel chain seem to be very reasonable, we also used them in Calgary and 2 in Vancouver. I hope you have a great time. I am sure you will. We went to Canada last November, and enjoyed every moment of it. Margaret

Well known Chains of motels and inns

by Simonneeddy about Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn

Holiday Inn--Comfort Inn-- These are affordable. All major Hotel chains have hotels in Canada in most cities. There are also many cheap no name Motels or Bed and Breakfast locations.If you see a big '?' that is a tourist bureau and they will give you all the info even book you a room in any of the above. They have free pamphlets and maps of all you need to know about the area and the tourist attractions.
------ Picture of EDMUNSTON NEW BRUNSWICK taken from the COMFORT INN THERE.
$60. to $100. Canadian Great view, fair price. Reserve early.

Ontario - this Hotel was Grand!

by Bwana_Brown about Grand Hotel & Suites

My business and pleasure trips have taken me to all the Provinces and all have hotels to suit anyone's budget. I don't normally stay at high-end hotels unless the company is paying, as a result of the meeting being held at that particular location.

Of all the hotels I have used worldwide, Toronto's Grand Hotel & Suites really impressed me with its elegance! The decor of the hotel was all first class - marble and brass everywhere! As for my room, it had an entrance area with its own sofa and TV, before making your way past a small kitchen area into the bedroom where there was another larger TV and a nice desk for computer work. The bathroom was also very plush with mirrors and everything done up in white. The same quality applied to both the meeting room and the meals that were brought in to us!

The hotel also offers complimentary full breakfast, in-room movies and a shuttle service to anywhere in the downtown financial core of the city. Its roof-top boasts a patio garden with heated whirlpools and a great view out over Toronto. However, the indoor swimming pool at the Grand Hotel really is something to enjoy, even if you don't take a dip! The 3rd photo (from their brochure) shows its features much better than anything that I could have taken! The two-storey neo-classical pool has hand painted murals of the Garden of Versailles surrounding it to give that special 'opulent' effect!

My room rate was US$125 or US$140 with all taxes.

Toronto hotels

by Wests

Thank you for your replies. Is there a another hotel around or near the Skydome other than Holiday Inn on King. Rather spend monies seeing Toronto than on expensive hotel rooms (although would like something nice).

We will be visiting Toronto August 27 to 30. Attending Blue Jays
game on Sunday August 29. Dilemma : Do we stay at the airport and shuttle in..or stay closer to the Skydome?
Any suggestions for hotels?
We arrive at Pearson 9PM Friday and depart at 10:15 AM. Monday.
Appreciate your assistance:-)

ONTARIO CA
416-363-1666

Re: Re: Toronto hotels

by MrBill

I would reccommend the Royal York Hotel on Front Street with is close to the Blue Jay's Ball Park. They have weekend specials. No more expensive than anywhere else, and a historical hotel. Here is a link to them. Cheers. Bill.

Re: Toronto hotels

by cleung

The Choice hotels chain (Comfort Inn, Quality) is well represented in downtown Toronto. As far as staying near the airport, it is 30 minutes away in good traffic, much longer in bad traffic.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) Art

Trip from Calgary to Toronto

by fafa89

Hi everybody, i am planning to go to Toronto from Calgary the 19 th of december to the 29th of december by car. can somebody give me advice, tips, place to visit,... during that trip? And also hoz to find cheap hotels on the road.

thanks by advance

by DJF86

That means the area of Sudbury, New Liskeard, North Bay, Mattawa, Parry Sound...

Re: What is there to do within 100 miles of North Bay, for the Victoria long Weekend?

by oldguy472003

If you are going to camp then try Finlayson Point at Temagami. Make your reservation now though (if you can still get one).

by DJF86

Be nice if it would be just me, but I have the impression, my girlfriend doesn't like camping. She always slept at chain hotels when traveling.

by oldguy472003

This resort is really nice and right next to the park.
Not sure about the price but it's a beautiful spot.

by SamSalmon

The suggestion for Temagami Shores is a good one.

I haven't stayed there myself but know the area and further north of Temagami there's very little except small trees/bush/bare rocks and rednecks.

All fine and good if you want to fish for Pike and Walleye but recreational paddling excursions get short shrift unless you're planning a 100% do-it-yourself trip in the bush.

Comments