ARC - The Hotel

Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Location, location, location!!!

Hotel Rooms: 112. This 4-star hotel located in Ottawa features ARC Lounge and a state-of-the-art gym. Rooms provide a minibar.
    Restaurant, Bar, 24-Hour Front Desk, Newspapers, Elevator, Safe, Heating, Baggage Storage, Air Conditioning.

Pros:
    The location was great. Walking distance to the Parliament Buildings, to galleries, to shopping and eating.

The valet service and room service were excellent, the staff at reception very friendly and helpful.

Cons:
    bad mattress, costly parking (CAD 26.00 a day)

Unique Quality: You're getting an apple and chocolates each night with a bottle of water.

Rooms offer a CD player and bathrobes.

Check in service was great, received sparkling wine which we were really needed after the long drive.

Directions: 7 -minute walk from the Parlament Hill

• luke82's Profile Photo

most 'modern' hotel in the city

Talk about chic, this hotel is very elegant and ‘smooth’. Located downtown, it attracts many travelers from across the world. Its modern design is comparable to Europe’s.

Unique Quality: They have a great honeymoon package; check it out on the website (link below). The rooms are nice, and the lobby is damn sexi.

Directions: Downtown

• excentrus's Profile Photo

Cool and friendly

Just got back from a weekend in Ottawa, Canada. Arc, the Hotel was just what the doctor ordered. Wonderful accomodation, sleek design, comforting tones....with a friendly welcome. Very central...within walking distance of parliament, the market, the Rideau Canal.

Unique Quality: Excellent restaurant on-site. Breakfast was delicious. The hotel staff were very attentive. The list of guest amenities is long. Great linens, towels, CD player. AVEDA bath products. My room was coxy with sitting and work areas. Would be good for business travellers as well. Great common areas....coffee and teas all day/night long and excellent assortment of french and english newspapers.

Directions: Centretown. You can take the #95 bus from the train station...direct.

More about ARC - The Hotel

Very Beautiful Hotel

I've stayed in other Hotels in Ottawa and was not as satisfied as I was when I stayed at the Arc. I thought the rooms were great, very beautiful in decor and very clean. We stayed in a deluxe king room which was very satisfying to our needs. The Service was good when at the front desk. Sometimes it took quite a while for things to be delivered to the suite but all in all it was a very satisfying experiance and you can't beat the location. I would highly recommend staying at the Arc Hotel and would return myself.

It's all about the room

The Arc is a great hotel for a business traveller. I stayed there on their summer special which included valet parking and breakfast every morning. The special was listed on their website and nowhere else (they didn't mentioned it when I first made a reservation and I came across it myself).
The key thing to this hotel is getting the right room. The rooms are on the small side to begin with but some of them are shoebox. Go for a corner room and I highly recommend a deluxe room. The building is old but the rooms are really nice and if you are working you'll love to come back and have chocolates waiting for you and soft music playing.
I highly recommend this hotel over any others I've stayed in!

the corridoors and the cofee!!!

I really liked this hotel, very central nice rooms and not tiny (for the suite above basic) as I expected from some reviewers.

However had I been coming here to club over the weekend I think the corridoors noise would have led to a short lie in.

This is because the doors are not on a slow shut mecanism and whack a little at the closing. And since it's such a funky little number in terms of a hotel I'd imagine a lot of people would consider coming up for the weekend with a late night or too.

However it would be easily rectified by the staff and I'll mention it allong with the cofee commentwhen i write to them and maybe they'll fix it.(i'll let you know if they inform me of that)

Onto the cofee issue.

I love hotels and am a spender in hotels and just realised how much a difference it would make if us hotel lovers folk spent a minute on the comments section of the hotel satisfaction card.

That is to make the statement that it would be fantastic if the hotels could provide fairtrade organic tea and cofee.

The stuff is fabulous quality and incedibly tasty. (Apparantly the pickers will go for the best beans when getting a fair wage).

It's also good for us tea/ cofee guzzlers cos it has no nasty solvents etc the regular stuff has (read "not on the label" for the lowdown on cofee fascinating".

Plus just with all the people power of us consumers a real difference could be made to people's lives with very little effort on our part.

I know thought that i'm picking on a hotel where people have raved about the starbucks coffee and yeah while i know they're coffee tastes great so does fairtrade's and starbucks neither use all organic nor aren't exactly known for their great treatment of workers.

Anyway it's just a though, if you have the time and inlcination put a few lines on those comments cards fellow hotel lovers

Best wishes
Anne

Ps I don't work for fairtrade and i know no-body who does - i work in the addiction field

Champagne Hip Boutique Experience

by TripAdvisor Member apudme

I like this hotel. Similar to some of the Kimpton Group properties in the USA, it is renovated boutique style from what was probably an old HoJos or similar.

Greeted on arrival by champagne, extremely courteous staff and chocolates. Room itself was quite small, but adequate for one person. Bed was comfy, broadband access available. Bathroom was great, not small in my room (although others felt theirs was small). Great sound system and coffee in the room. Restaurant staff were on the ball, and the several meals I ate there were superb.

Some reviewers dislike this property and have an adverse reation to the "hip and cool" demeanour of the staff, interior decor and general concept of the hotel.

If you are young (or young at heart!) and prefer style to chintz and old world fuddy-duddiness, and also are not looking for a room with acres of space (the only bad point about this hotel is the small size of the less expensive rooms) then this is the only place to stay in Ottawa.

Great, low-key stay

My wife and I spent a long weekend in Ottawa and were very impressed with ARC. The staff was young and extremely helpful. The entire place was very hip, but service oriented. I have never been greeted by more pleasant people in my life. The room was great, the turndown service was fabulous, and the breakfasts were outstanding. The parking was pricey but the room, food and service were a bargain at the price we payed. We would definitely stay at ARC again.

nice

we stayed here in september,the hotel is very chic and young,nice welcome glass of sparkling wine,staff were very nice indeed.
the room was attractive with nice pastel shades and a very nice bed.particularly liked the turndown service with some nice chocolates left on your bed.
i have to say though,one big drawback was the walls were very thin,not only was the corridor noisy,but we could hear every move from the couple next door,this did slightly spoil our stay as the hotel is generally very nice.

Thank you Trip Advisor- nice stay!

We just enjoyed a nice stay at the ARC... although I am glad I checked TripAdvisor first. Some of the reviews didn't approve of the room sizes, so I went there to check it out myself and found my suite "Deluxe King" too small for my liking. Had I not read the reviews, I would have been disappointed.
So, I booked a "Luxury Room" for only a little bit more, which is much larger with a great (huge!) Roman bathtub.
Unlike some of the other reviewers, I have no complaints about the soundproofing. The Luxury room has a nice sized hallway separating the hallway from your living space, which means we heard little more than one door closing (muffled at that) through our stay. And this was during our busy Winterlude weekend!
Pros: Neat CD rental system, nice sound system (remote didn't work, no big deal), two sinks in bathroom, two coat closets, beautiful tub and fixtures, great in-room dining prices, nice toilettries, love the free paper with breakfast, drinks and bathrobes
Cons: Carpet was a little dirty in room entrance way (this is understandable as it stopped after the shoe rack), rate was not what originally agreed upon (but it worked out to be the same price anyway, which was great!), checkout was unusally slow for the hotel but the staff was extremely accomodating and friendly
Personal cons: Not a great view, bathroom felt a little clinical

If you like your space, don't pick one of the cheaper rooms and you'll be very happy with your reservation. We stayed here for our anniversary and were not disappointed.

Had a wonderful time, thanks to the reviews on Trip Advisor!

Comments