2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Albert at Bay Suite Hotel
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Rated 11% higher but also costs 33% more than other 2.5 star hotels

• Best Hotel for 2011 Travels Around the World

Albert at Bay is central Ottawa and easy going staff with an excellent availability of both pub/breakfast and all night convenience store under the same roof - not part of hotel but highly recommended. The room was booked for three nights only through an oversight (mine) and they lengthened my stay at the same rate without question. The gym, laundry - often forgotten parts were excellent facilities -and the room on Floor 12 - outstanding self contained, superb bathrooms - yes two - and all cutlery crockery of good quality. Cleaning staff respected notices on doors. They have high standards and they deserved my outstanding feedback. Well done Albert at Bay in June 2011!

Unique Quality: This is a hotel that understands guests - I asked not to be disturbed by callers - and it was honoured. I asked questions and received full and useful advice. The staff reciprocated courtesies.

(The only downer in the stay was a Taxi Driver who couldn't find, even with his GPS system, the Royal Ottawa Golf Course - driving past it several times despite my protestations - the Hotel even apologised for that - wow, what a place!)

Directions: Central Ottawa - good brisk walk to main attractions - everything well marked - a superb hotel in an interesting City and extremely helpful staff.

• Excellent Stay

I have been traveling around and i must recommend this hotel as the best stay.
    The hotel is perfect with the rooms being very big and for 100 dollars that i paid 4 people could fit in easily.
    The location is just superb with walking distance to all the places.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Albert At Bay Suite Hotel

The Albert At Bay Suite Hotel offers very spacious suite rooms at an affordable price, and good location along Albert Street in the heart of the city. The sfaff are friendly and there is free internet access at the lobby. Also, there is a 24 hours convenient store located just next to the hotel. I enjoyed my stay here and please see the photographs of my room if you are interested.

• Sweet suite

We loved our long weekend stay at this suite hotel in September 2003. Nice large one bedroom apartment unit located downtown with equipped kitchen, dining room and nice big bed! Downtown location became our home away from home and with our comfortable walking shoes we had a great time

Unique Quality: fully equipped kitchen allowed us to prepare a couple great big breakfasts and romantic dinners

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

If you need space...

We booked the Albert At Bay hotel because it was practically the only hotel with any availability left during the Tulip Festival. That being the case, we were prepared for the worst. Boy were we wrong! The Albert At Bay was an excellent hotel that I wouldn't hesitate to stay in many times in the future. We stayed in a standard suite for two nights and felt like we were really living it up.

Unique Quality: The most unique aspect of this hotel is the amount of space in each suite. Judging by the layout of the suites, I'm guessing it was once a residential apartment building. The space is a really nice luxury to have, with several separate rooms in each suite. It really gave us a chance to settle in and get comfy.

Each suite has a kitchenette with a fridge, and stove and all of the dishes and cutlery you could need. They even offer to grocery shop for you if you would like.

Another amenity that we really enjoyed was the free wifi internet access in all of the guestrooms. Unlike some hotels, it was really easy to use. We just called the desk for a code at the beginning of our stay and we were good to go until we checked out. Also worth noting is that each room has an easy-to-use safe big enough for a laptop computer to fit inside.

The property was in really good condition and the service was great. There are ads all over Ottawa touting the city's superb hospitality which they illustrate with an example of one of the Albert At Bay's employees giving a guest his dress pants when he heard the guest suddenly had a meeting with the Prime Minister and did not have appropriate attire with him.

Directions: The name says it all It's on Albert Street at Bay. This is a great location close to most major attractions in Ottawa, plus Parliament Hill and the business district

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Albert At Bay

I never stayed at the Albert at Bay but I did see the suites one time when some friends were staying there and I ate supper there in their restaurant one night.

What I can tell you is this was a very nice and comfortable suite hotel. The rooms or I should say suites were big and just an overall comfortable feeling around this place.

The food was great as well and it too is right downtown close to a lot of attractions.

More about Albert At Bay Suite Hotel

Good suite hotel, not great

by TripAdvisor Member RyanM

Recently stayed at the Albert at Bay for the first time in several years, after reading the positive reviews online. The hotel has obviously been renovated and the quality of the finishings is good. I enjoyed the glass shower stall in the master bath and the kitchen appliances and cabinets are new and in good repair. I found the housekeeping adequate only. Air conditioning is noisy. Elevators are slow. Bedrooms are cramped and, with small windows, natural lighting is poor. (The livingroom has patio doors and balcony.) There is no pool, reducing the appeal to families. The hotel is easy to get to, virtually at the end of the Airport Parkway/Bronson Avenue. It is at the fringes of downtown, fairly close to the new War Museum and Parliament Hill, a bit of a hike to the Market/downtown, and to a decent supermarket.

Would definitely go back again

by TripAdvisor Member Diane74

My husband, myself and daughter spent 4 nights last week at the Albert at Bay. Monitored underground parking with security cameras was $13.95 a night with in/out privileges. The front staff was excellent at providing maps, directions, advice etc. They gave our daughter a great gift bag with 4 toys etc., at check-in. The suite was very clean, very large with a balcony, full kitchen, dining room, 2 t.v.'s, 2 extremely comfortable beds, large bathroom. We needed a third set of towels and a reading lamp light bulb replaced and they were up almost right away both times. We checked out the free kid's club (ages 3-12, arts and crafts, movies, sleeping area, games etc.) but we were so busy we never had time to put our daughter in. They give you free internet access by the check-in for 15 minutes so you can print out tourist info, directions etc. The corner store sells mostly junk food, milk, bread, pop, frozen meals (no fruits, vegetables, meats etc). There is a major grocery store chain with 3 km so we bought food there. The Parliament Buildings are about a 10 minute walk. The evening light and sound show was great. Allow a good 5 or 6 hours for the Museum of Civilization. I highly recommend the train trip from Gatineau to Wakefield, Quebec. Buy lunch at the grocery store there or take a picnic or you won't have time to hit all the interesting shops (we learned the hard way). I would stay there again since it's excellent value, good loocation etc.

Great accomo for the family

All in all a great spot for families

Good: Laundry facilities, spacious rooms, close to sites, friendly staff, great workout room.

Bad: Bit noisy from bus traffic, REALLY tight parking spaces.

Best Hotel in Town

by TripAdvisor Member Danstey

My family recently stayed at this hotel for two nights and we were very impressed with the hotel, the rooms and most of all the hotel staff. The rooms are high end quality for mid range price as is the rest of the facilities in the hotel. The service we received at this hotel on our trip was 10 out of 10. My wife and I travel and have stayed in many hotels in Canada, the US and Europe and have paid 2-3 times more only to receive half the service.
The hotel is only about a 10 min walk to the city center and all the activities and restaurants they one would want to visit. There are two restaurant/bars with 1 min walk from the hotel and both serve excellent food for a very good value. We have other trips planned for Ottawa for the future and will be staying at this hotels again when we do.

The BEST hotel for families!

by TripAdvisor Member ame16

I travelled with my husband, my mom, and my 2 young children (8 months and 3 years). We absolutely loved staying here! The front desk staff were wonderful, the suite was very large which was great for us all, the place was exceptionally clean, and it was close enough to walk to the Parliament buildings. With the kids, it was so nice to have a full kitchen and dining room. We booked this hotel because of tripadvisor and were so happy with it that we will recommend it to EVERYONE. Wonderful place!!

Comments