Marriott Ottawa

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Downtown Hotel

A very good hotel at a reasonable price within ten minutes walk of parliament Hill

Unique Quality: Easy to find just fiteen minutes taxi ride from Ottawa very modern railway station

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Marriott

In April 2008 I stayed at the Marriott on Kent Street. I have come to the view that I seem to sleep best at the Marriott chain. The beds are great.

The Marriott on Kent and Queen has the Merlot restaurant up above up top. The beds are great as usual. There is a good gym and health spa at the hotel and the place is situated right downtown so I think the location is convenient.

Ottawa is a great spot for running and this hotel is just a short jog to the Rideau Canal.

Unique Quality: The greatest beds and the Merlot Rooftop Restaurant. I have a seperate tip on the Merlot. I remember the quote in the Academy Award Winning Comedy titled Sideways where the actor says "I am not drinking any f*&#((*g MERLOT!" lol.

The service was also great here and Mighty Leaf Green Tea the function I was attending Workforce Connex was great.

Directions: Kent and Queen

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

Superb Quality in the core

I was fornute enough to stay in the Mariott Ottawa (the downtown hotel) courtesy of a government body, so I'm probably not the best person to give a review on the "quality for money spent" aspect of the hotel. Nevertheless, given that I spent the night in Ottawa U's dorms the last time I was in Ottawa, this was a great improvement in terms of comfort and cleanliness. The staff is exceptionally friendly (they answered all my questions, promptly and accurately registered my wake up call and granted me a late check out) without any problems. I didn't use the fitness facilities but I did go down to check them out. They were clean and modern, with a swimming pool, work out room and sauna that is open 7AM to 11PM. Finally, the hotel has a gift shop (rather over priced given that there is a Shoppers Drug Mart a few block away at Laurier and Bank) and a Starbucks, which is exceedingly convenient if you have and early business meeting and don't want to search around for a jolt of decent caffeine at 7:30AM.

All in all, this is a great hotel with very comfortable rooms that are a few minutes walk away from the grandiose government buildings for which the Capital is known.

Unique Quality: Really, the best thing about the Ottawa Marriott is the rooms. The beds are a bit soft but new and clean, and the rest of the rooms easily meet the standards of the discerning traveller. The washroom is modern and spotless and all the facilities work without problems of leaks. The room has a television with full cable programming (trust me, this is a plus in Ottawa), you receive a complimentary Globe and Mail newspaper in the morning and there is a coffee maker with complimentary coffee and tea in the room. Best of all, the rooms are absolutely silent at night, so there is no worry that you will be disturbed while you sleep.

The hotel is very close to the Supreme Court, Bank of Canada, Sparks Street shopping arcade and the Parliament, but this can cause problems, as opening times of restaurants and shops are limited to business hours and it may be a long walk to the nearest Starbucks or other coffeeshop on the weekend.

Directions: A block south of the Supreme Court (Wellington Street)

• savvas's Profile Photo

In the Center of the city

it's a great hotel and i enjoyed my stay there. Very good facilities and great Service. You can have dinner downstairs at the Hotel restaurant and then have a beer at the bar. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. I am sure that you will enjoy yourself at this Hotel.

Unique Quality: The pool, the restaurant is very good

Directions: In the middle of all the attractions

• janika's Profile Photo

Spin n dine on the top

The Ottawa Marriott Hotel is one of the most famous accommodations in Ottawa downtown district. It offers 480 beautiful and newly renovated rooms to it's guests. Open 24 hours with bilingual service reception and underground parking. The Marriott belongs to the high class hotels group because it's so luxurious in every which way. At the top of the hotel there is a restaurant at the top of the building that's slowly turning around while people dining inside, letting you see the city 360 degrees. This is very unique compared to other hotels in Ottawa. This hotel has been awarded a four diamond rating by the AAA. Additional facilities include the "Kent Club" fitness centre and an indoor pool with an extensive; children's play area (KIDS ZONE), and 24,000 square feet of first class meeting and convention space for large meetings and conferences. The Ottawa Marriott is convenient to fine dining, shopping and entertainment equally.

Unique Quality: The Marriott's facilities also include Sauna, Fitness Facility, Games Room, Meeting Rooms, Business Center, Airport Transportation, Room Service,

Amenities For Marriott Hotel Ottawa Centre Ottawa: Restaurant, Pet Friendly, Indoor Swimming Pool, TV, Television with Cable, Laundry/Valet Services, Room Service, Safe Deposit Box, Sauna, Secretarial Service, Shower, Phone Service, Pool, Parking, Lounge, Mini Bar, In Room Movies, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Multilingual, 120 AC, 220 AC, Air Conditioned, Babysitting/Child Services, Balcony, Bath Tub, Porters, Coffee Shop, Concierge Desk, Concierge, Connecting Rooms, Copy Service, Handicapped Rooms/Facilities, Elevators, FAX, Fire Alarm with Light, Game Room, Gift Shop, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities, Health Club.TV, Television with Cable, Laundry/Valet Services, Room Service, Safe Deposit Box, Sauna, Secretarial Service, Shower, Phone Service, Pool, Parking, Lounge, Mini Bar, In Room Movies, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Multilingual, 120 AC, 220 AC, Air Conditioned, Babysitting/Child Services, Balcony, Bath Tub, Porters, Coffee Shop, Concierge Desk, Concierge, Connecting Rooms, Copy Service, Handicapped Rooms/Facilities, Elevators, FAX, Fire Alarm with Light, Game Room, Gift Shop, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities, Health Club,

Check In Time: 4:00 PM. Check Out Time: 12:00 AM. Prices : from $106 USD + taxes. Prices change according to the type of room, the day, the season or discounts available.

Directions: A 5 minute walk from the Parliament

More about Marriott Ottawa

Good hotel made better with new Marriott Revive beds!

by TripAdvisor Member MTLSteve

The was our second visit to this hotel in less than three months. The big change from the first time was that they replaced all of the beds in the hotel with the new Marriott Revive bed. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on, and was worth the price of the room in itself. The bed is a winner and made this hotel stay even better. The bathroom is basic but extremely clean, and the heated tiles were nice. Very clean rooms, nice staff. For $15 more you can get an oversized corner room with balcony and great views, worth the extra money. With my corporate rate the room was $134 for a Saturday night. We were on 18th floor, facing the river/Gatineau... excellent views. Pool area is very clean... pool and hot tub are more than decent. Good-sized kids room with big-screen tv, toys, slides, etc. Also a game room with Playstations. Didn't use the gym but it looked quite expansive with a good selection of machines. All in all, this is a quality hotel that we will likely return to when we make weekend trips to Ottawa. Like I said, the bed was amazingly comfortable.

room like fridge

by TripAdvisor Member thai4006

My room temperature was around 67 degrees i.e. not warm enough for a hotel room. I had the maintenance people come and look. My sense is that they turn down the heat to save money on oil. So I got a little block heater to warm up the room. In the morning when I turn on the hairdryer, the power goes. The room is pitch black. I can hardly find the telephone. I use the light from my battery powered computer to find the button on the phone to call the main desk.

After two phone calls and about a half hour of sitting in the dark, the power finally comes back on. If I didn't have to stay in this hotel, I would not except that my employer is holding meetings here and it's where I have to stay.

Very Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Infiniti

We stayed here for a family vacation/buisness trip. The hotel is in the heart of downtown Ottawa, very close to the brand-new must-see Canadian War museum the art gallery, and the Royal Canadian Mint.The hotel so clean, a must for our family. Perhaps the best thing about the Ottawa Marriott are the beds. They are the best beds I've ever slept in in my life! The linens were so big and poofy and spotless. The restuarant in the lobby had excellent food at a reasnable price. There is also Ottawa's only revolving restuarant in the hotel, which we didn't get to try. The pool looked clean and big but we didn't get the chance to use it. The gym was huge, with all sorts of equipment. We did have afew problems though, the bathroom was rediculously small, (You had to kick the mat under the counter so the door could open), the temperature control was really weird and old fashioned, we turned it off and there was still heat coming from the heater an hour later! We also think Marriott went overboard with making this hotel "classical style" The brown-striped wall paper and the patterned carpet were a bit to much. (This building used to be a Radisson.) All in all, a very good hotel.

OK hotel, terrible wireless access

by TripAdvisor Member estragon

This is a perfectly fine chain hotel -- clean, large, comfortable rooms; small but decent bathrooms; etc.

I do, however, have a complaint: wireless access in the lobby was horrendous -- slower than dial-up, and inconsistently available. It took my wife and me more than 90 minutes to deal with our e-mail at the end of the day (maybe 10 messages each). One 350kb file took more than 5 minutes to download. And it's not free -- wireless in the lobby is $5/day. The worst thing is that I informed the front-desk staff about this, and they did nothing for at least half an hour while watching me stand there and struggle. It was almost 1 a.m. when they told me there was a business centre I could use just a few feet away. A totally unacceptable breakdown in service.

For those who'd like free computer access while staying at the Marriott, I strongly recommend the Bridgehead cafe, around the corner on Bank St. Great coffee, great service, and free wireless.

Will Definitely Return

by TripAdvisor Member OnBoard

We were in Ottawa over the weekend for a friend's wedding and stayed at the Marriot for one night. We arrived around 11:00am on Saturday hoping to check in early but was denied...the room wasn't ready yet. I probably should have called to let them know about the early check in but totally forgot about it. Not a huge problem...we just changed in the lobby bathroom.

We arrived back at the hotel around 6:00pm and checked in no problem. We received a room on the 21st floor with a river view. I was slightly disappointed to find that the room had two double beds instead of 1 king as requested. We did book through Priceline so I figure we were probably very low on the priortiy list for requests anyway. Again, not a big problem. The beds were soooo comfy and I LOVED the heavy duvets that I didn't mind having the bed to myself!

We used the pool/hot tub which was really nice...go around dinner time (7:00pm) and it will be very quiet there.

The location of the hotel was also great! About a 5 minute walk over to the Parliament Buildings and another 10-15 minute walk to the Rideau Centre and Byward Market area.

The only downer was the ourtrageous price for hotel parking - $17/day!

Great Location

Wonderful Location. Checked in and recieved King Bed with lovely linen. These guys are in the business of providing a great sleep and they do. High speed acces is great both wired and wireless. Expected to pay up to 17$ for high speed and they only charge $10.50. Great hotel for business.

Comments