Minto Place Suite Hotel

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Arts and Culture Family Travel

COMFORTABLE BUT NOT A 5 DIAMOND

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 17, 2010

Made my reservation by internet June 17 for August 13 wknd. Hotel kept our reservation till our arrival at about 10:15 pm on the 13th. Got a great welcome from the doorman. The concierge was absent from his/her desk---do they have one? Nobody offers to take my bag up to my room--is there a bell boy? Was given a Hotel magnetic parking key. We carried our own luggage to our room.
THE ROOM: a), baseboards need paint touch up. b). Lining underneath both chairs around table are torn and dangling
THE BATHROOM: a). paint peeling on ceiling. b). fan is noisy and cover is partially off. c). mirror frame and counter facing need paint touch up. d). one of the bath towels has a large hole in it.
COMPLIMENTARY PACKAGE: a complimentary package of "fitness" equipment was supposed to be waiting for us in the room-----it wasn't.
GARBAGE BAG IN HALLWAY: in front of service elevator for at least 12 hrs.
HOTEL MAGNETIC PARKING PASS: had trouble swiping it (at least five times for every time I went in or out of the garage-----thought it was my fault, that I didn't know how to do it----till I saw another patron having the same problem as I was.

Unique Quality: comfortable and seemingly perfect for families with children.

Directions: center of town walking distance to Parlement Buildings.

awp's Profile Photo

Best value in town

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 24, 2005

Its wonderful hotel, staff were friendly and helpfull. The studio suite was more than we expected, it was spacious and luxurious, got little kitchen, nice bathroom and parking !! Excellent location with excellent price.

Unique Quality: Litle mall in first floor (Bank/Shops/Supermarket/Restaurants)

Walking distance to most tourist destinations.

Directions: Down town area, 10 min walk to parlement, canal and byward market.

Shotqueen's Profile Photo

Best All-Suites Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 5, 2005

My room was fantastic. All the room amenities were new and in wonderful working order. The washer and dryer in the suite were a wonderful accessory. Definitely useful when your stay is a week or longer. The kitchen had a good regular size microwave, not one of those tiny little apartment size ones. The fridge was clean, and worked excellent. Even the freezer section froze ice within a decent amount of time. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a suite and not just a regular hotel room.

Unique Quality: This hotel is all-suites so you have a lot more room in each unit than in a regular hotel. There is a good pool and there is a 24-hour market on the first floor that has pretty much everything you could possibly need. Including milk, cereal and munchies.

Ottawa Travel Forum

Need advice about Ottawa, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Ottawa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ottawa hotel reviews