402 Queen Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 5A7, Canada

More about Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill

Ottawa

by wreck-o-lay18

"Things to do in Ottawa"

when I am in ottawa i like to check out a Sentors NHL hockey game or either a chl football game. there are a lot of malls to visit and good restaurants. you can also cross the Bridge and check out Hull Quebec, in Hull you will find a lot of things to do like check out a bar,etc. Some accomedations in ottawa are the comfort inn in downtown Ottawa or the Minto Suite Motel on Laurier ave. Then there is also the Radisson Ottawa Paliament Hill Hotel located on Paliament Hill.

People skating on the canalPeople skating on the canal

Breakfast!Breakfast!

Flowers - including a few imports and a few localsFlowers - including a few imports and a few locals

Ottawa RiverOttawa River

Changing of the Guard Parliament House Ottawa

by gannoni

What day, dates, and time does the Changing of the Guard ceremony occur After 9 Sept.

Re: Changing of the Guard Parliament House Ottawa

by GrumpyDiver

They will be done for the season by then. I believe the ceremony runs from June 27 through Aug 28 this year (weather permitting) and runs from 10:00 - 10:30 in the morning.

The guardmen (including the musicians) are mainly reservists, many of whom are college and university students and are headed back to classes in early September.

Travel Tips for Ottawa

Fall in Ottawa

by duanestorey

I grew up in Vancouver, BC, and while I love Vancouver dearly, my time in Ottawa made me realise that Vancouver was not perfect. Even though Vancouver has a climate to die for, there are only essentually two seasons in Vancouver: sunny and rainy. Living in Ottawa for two years opened by eyes to the other seasons as well, namely winter and autumn.. My first autumn in Ottawa was amazing. There are whole websites dedicated to the changing colours of the leaves. I used to go outside with my camera every Sunday and take pictures of trees.. If you can make it to Ottawa around September or October, you'll see some of the most amazing autumn colours ever.

Here's a shot of the park near Somerset and Lyon (close to my friend Rob's house).

SPEND A DAY DOWNTOWN ON THE...

by caribqueen

SPEND A DAY DOWNTOWN ON THE BYWARD MARKET. THE AROMAS OF FRESH FRUIT , VEGETABLES AND AN ASSORTMENT OF BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS SURROND YOU ON A HOT SUMMERS DAY. STREET VENDORS LINE THE SIDEWALKS, SELLING THIER MANY HAND CRAFTED GOODS HOPING FOR IT TO NOT RAIN. AN ASSSORTMENT OF JEWELERY, HAND PAINTED CRAFTS, HAND MADE LEATHER ITEMS, CANDLES, SARONGS ALL JUST WAITING TO BE BOUGHT. OF COURSE THERE ARE THE LOCAL STORES THAT STAY OPEN, EVEN IN THE COLD OF WINTER BUT NEVER THE LESS STILL ALWAYS FUN TO CHECK OUT LIKE; NOEN, THE SASSY BEAD STORE (YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN JEWELERY HERE) AND THE PAPERY (IF YOU WANT INTERESTING PAPER TO WRITE HOME TO YOU FRIENDS ON) ALL JUST A SMALL PORTION OF THE LOCAL STORES THAT AWAIT YOU. SHOPPING OF COURSE IS FUN BUT YOU MUST ALSO EXPERIENCE OTTAWA'S FINE CUISINE MOST OF ALL HANGING OUT ON ONE OF THE MANY PATIOS THAT THE MARKET POSSESSES LIKE; MINGLEWOODS (PATIO/RESTAURANT BY DAY PATIO/NIGHTCLUB BY NIGHT, WITH MIGHT I ADD A MENU FULL OF SCRUMPTIOUS ITEMS AT A DECENT PRICE!) AND OF COURSE THERE'S THE HARD ROCK CAFE, EMPIRE GRILL, BLUE CACTUS, THE SOCIAL, CLAIRE DE LUNE, DOUBLE DECKERS,OREGANO'S, COFFEE REVOLUTION, AND MYALL TIME CHILDHOOD FAVORITE BAGEL BAGEL! THE MARKET IS THE HEART OF OTTAWA COME ENJOY AS I HAVE. OF COURSE I MISS ALL OF MY DEAREST AND CLOSEST FRIENDS. (ONE AMAZING THING ABOUT OTTAWA IS THAT EVERYONE IS SO FRIENDLY. YOU'LL PROBABLY GET TO MEET SOME VERY AMAZING PEOPLE ON YOUR TRAVELS TO CANADA'S BEAUTIFUL CAPITAL) BUT THE ONE THING THAT I'LL MISS ABOUT OTTAWA, I'D NEVER HAVE SAID SO WHEN I WAS THERE OF COURSE, IS IT'S PHENOMENAL BUS SERVICE! I KNOW OTTAWA IS KNOWN FOR THIS, BUT AFTER LIVING IN TORONTO FOR TWO WEEKS, YOU'LL WISH YOU WERE HOME AS MUCH AS I DO!

local brews, what else?

by richiecdisc

With some wild clouds overhead and snapshots secured, we meandered over to the market to grab something to eat with Lou giving us a local tour en route. With bellies full and the hour soon coming for our departure, Lou suggested hitting one of the pubs in the market area but I would have none of it. They were Irish pubs and the last thing I wanted to drink on my last day in Ontario was Guinness. I just had to have a local beer. Besides, I had not got one shot of the pubs from our previous night?s adventure. So, I dragged my cohorts across town to get those and my last taste of real Ontario ale too. The Loon & Arrow looked even better during the day and it was nice to sit outside and enjoy the crisp air and have one last chat. Lou had to admit I knew my beer well as she found something new in her own town, though I believe she expected it after all our discourse over the years on VT. It was much nicer to do it in person and finally meet one of the original VT icons but sadly enough, it was a rushed visit and it was time to take our leave. Montreal and its many beers were calling, I only wish we could have taken Lou with us.

The Central Post Office Building

by pieter_jan_v

The Central Post Office is a historic building at the corner of Sparks and Elgin Streets and dates from 1937.

The building was designed by W.E. Noffke and is known for its Art Deco style, the outside lion statues and the big clock.

Comments