950 6th Street East, Owen Sound, Ontario, N4K 1H1, Canada
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 27% less but rated 17% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Owen Sound

A little bit of Suffolk in Ontario?A little bit of Suffolk in Ontario?

Hoggs FallsHoggs Falls

i actually have to blow this up?i actually have to blow this up?

Inglis FallsInglis Falls

Travel Tips for Owen Sound

St. George's Anglican Church

by yooperprof

St. George's is a very striking and attractive Anglican Church on the eastern side of the town center. It dates from the early 1880s, and was built with the local "Niagara Escarpment limestone." It's in a historic style that reminds me of some of the classic churches of rural East Anglia: John Constable could have painted it!

It's at "Salvation Corner" - the intersection of 10th Street and 4th Avenue east.

Good boots

by hotsauce28

If you're doing any sort of hiking along the trails, make sure you have good hiking boots. It can get quite slippery and trainers just won't cut it - lots of moss covered rocks and watch out for the tree roots! YES! We took a portable burner to make coffee when we found a pretty spot during the hike. No open fires allowed!

Historic Port and Shipping Center

by yooperprof

"Elevate that Grain!"

Owen Sound was an important center of transportation and manufacturing in the early 20th century. Now, in the 21st century, it's finding a new role as a holiday and vacation hub. I spnet a night here in the summer of 2006, when I was on my "circle tour" of Goergian Bay.

My favorite part of Owen Sound: the historic waterfront, of course!

Marina City!

Higlights of Owen Sound

by sasha18

"Living In Owen Sound"

I was attending school in Owensound at St. Mary's High School for grades nine and ten. I found the town to be a wonderful place, I wish I didn't have to move because it's a magnificant place and I loved it!. I find that Owensound is sort of like a rural place, lots of farming surrounding the town, they have a population of 23,000. There are three schools in the area OSCVI, St.Mary's High School, and West Hill High School. There are lots of exciting places and awesome highlights in the area. My favorite place that I love to go to all the time just to watch and get my mind together is Englis Falls, a old mill consists there back in the days and just a tourist place now that leads to Harison Park. Harison Park is a place you can go swimming, go to the small zoo nearby, play games, and go paddle boat riding. Owensound is not really an expensive place to go unless you want to go to the expensive restaurants, it's not a high price place. Other places you could really visit is Storybook Park, on the outskirts of Owensound it's an amusement park just fit for children and their family members I notice Storybook Park is base on stories but basically made into fun, it's a nice place to go with your children. Another place that is great is a former man you lived there "Tom Thompson" he has is music and art is the central library in the downtown area of 2nd street West of Owensound. They have a bowling alley, malls, department stores, move theatres. The weather in winter is very cold because they are right under the snow belt, many times we had a snow and ultimately broke a record in so many year because due to me walking to school I had to go more times then the bus students because most of the them were out of town students but for me....personally.... I got over twenty-days of no school. In the winter, they have a the "northern Lights" all of December where peope and businnes sponsor lights and other sorts of decorations and for a whole two blocks of downtown Owensound on 1st anhd 2nd East and West you have lights entirely all down the businesses and neighbourhoods, it's really something that you haven't seen before until you have checked it out. It's more snow then you would see more North at times, as for the summer it's very hot especially humid. Make sure you pack you snow stuff to dress warm in the winter and shorts and tank-tops in the summer because it gets really hot for being down south. There was nothing that I disliked as for two years I really did enjoy every minute of it.... hint.... It's best to take the Chi-Che-Maun from Manitoulin Island to Tobemory instead of almost going one for circle driving all around to owensound.... it's more fun, as your heading out that way you pass by the "ground hog" hometown of Wiarton Willy a population of about 500 people.

Comments