Comfort Inn Peterborough

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Peterborough

Real (?) GoatReal (?) Goat

Otonabee RiverOtonabee River

The Train! The Train!The Train! The Train!

Camping in PeterboroughCamping in Peterborough

Travel Tips for Peterborough

Welcome to the P-Dot!

by CndnSugarPlum

" Overview "

Until I get some proper pictures (other than the zoo)...well, I won't have any. Anways, I really like Peterborough. I have a couple of friends who go to school here, and always people who live there don't like it as much as someone who doesn't. It's a mid-size Ontario city, smaller than Kingston. It's home to Trent University and Sir Sanford Fleming College, OHL Peterborough Petes, a canoe museum (recently just found this out- how many times have I been there?), and a mini-zoo. Anyways, a cool town, lots of restaurants/pubs/bars with cool names: Hot Belly Mamas, McThirsty's- it doesn't get much better. I laugh every time I hear the last one, luv it.

Peterborough Zoo!

by CndnSugarPlum

" The Train! "

The zoo is obviously more for the kiddies, but my friend and I had to go back because we hadn't been there since we were yay high, and the train was our absolute favourites. I can't believe I remembered so much of the story that the conductor tells, and I can't believe the story hasn't changed! Still, a really good couple of hours were killed here, brought back some memories. Felt like I was 6 again!

" Photo Op "

* Of course, we found this camel and had to take pictures. Yes, it's such a fantastical zoo that they have to have fake animals too, lol. But it's awesome when you're little! More fakers to come...

I hadn't been to any type of zoo in a long time, obviously, because I was truly fascinated by camels, parrots, lemers etc. I was shocked how big this thing was!

" Alligators? Eek! "

Part of the story is the conductor tells you to keep in the train because of the alligators living in the river, and I remember being truly terrified and I think I even convinced myself I saw them. Haha things haven't changed too much...lol

" Into the Jungle... "

Heading into the 'Jungle' (aka Ontario brush) to see the "animals" (aka wooden statues).

Comments