1200 Ashmun Street, Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, United States

Exit lockExit lock

SSM riverfrontSSM riverfront

how to fly into SSM

Hi,

I've just found this website and forum and hope some of you local SSM members can help - I believe there may be 15 or so of you.

I'm trying to visit SSM and was wondering which airlines fly into your airport and from where.

My first thought was to get to Toronto and then go from there but perhaps there are better (and cheaper) ways to arrive.

Hope this works! Thanks Dave g :)

Re: how to fly into SSM

by mapakettle

Hi Dave, suggest you check this site. It may be of assistance.

Good luck, Pa

Thanks for that, Ma and Pa,

I've now been on the website and it's links, if I book carefully I should get a good deal - certainly better than the $1100can fare UK sites were suggesting!! I guess it's midday -ish in SSM, hope the weathers nice today,

Cheers Dave g :)

by ronny_m21

There's this internetsite...
They mention the lostcost airlines who operate in Canada. Some deals are excellent, but I haven't had a look for you about SSM.

You could also check out going to SSM by train from Toronto. http://www.viarail.ca (if there's a station ofcourse).

If you're travelling from the UK. Probably the cheapest way is to fly to Toronto and go on from there. Because its low season tickets from UK to Toronto shouldn't be more than 450eur. (which is approx. 300pounds?)

Good luck!
Ronald

by mapakettle

I have flown Bearskin Airways countless times. Have no fear, as a matter of fact Harvey Friesen, the owner and founder of Bearskin was the pilot who flew me in and out of Fort Severn (see Fort Severn page) back in the early 80's when he first started the airline.

Pa

Hi Ronny,

Thanks for the steers on the websites - I think flying is sounding the most likely now as there doesn't seem to be a railway stn in Sault Sainte Marie (although I feel there must be some freight lines with all the shipping that seems to go thru there)

The nearest stn appears to be Sudbury Jtn about 180 mile east - pity though, I think a train journey would have been an excellent way to see the countryside and the fares are spot on.

Cheers Dave g :)

by ronny_m21

well you could always visit Sault Ste Marie by Greyhound bus... greyhound.ca

ronald

Travel Tips for Sault Sainte Marie

Getting stuck in Sault St. Marie

by jessibaby

"Sault St. Marie"

On my way to Thunder Bay for the lil' NHL our bus got stuck in the Sault. Me and my mom caught a ride with the one of the hockey teams that was heading up there. It took us 26 hours to get to Thunder Bay. There was a huge accident that happened, a transport jack knifed off the highway. We were stuck in the Sault for 6 hours. We went shopping at the mall when we were in the Sault. Then we were stuck outside of the Sault along with 26 transports and 7 other greyhounds buses headed to the lil' NHL. It was long, but it was fun.

Comments