939 Algonquin Blvd E, Timmins, ON P4N7J5
Comfort Inn
Expedia.com ChoiceHotels.ca Booking.com

Travel Tips for Timmins

Well I could tell you a...

by Don_Wright

Well I could tell you a million! Remember, I am American born, but half Canadian by heritage! And I am proud of it! I just don't get up there, as much as I would like to!

I will just tell you one funny experience I had when my dad and I were ready to pay the tab at East Side Mario's.

I had a Canadian 10 dollar bill, and wanted to break it so I could get some change. The waitress asked me what kind of change do I want? I said, as you typically might in the states, 'a five, and five ones'! She said, 'how 'bout a five, two toonies, and a looney!' I said, 'what'! It was great!

I mean, I knew what a looney was, but I didn't know about a toonie, and she said it so fast! We all had a great laugh about it!

Try to take a tour of a gold...

by Don_Wright

Try to take a tour of a gold mine. Unfortunatly, not to many are still operational. But it is an interesting, and essential part of Timmins history. I know my cousin is still working at Kidd Creek, and my other cousin at the Dome, but he sounded like he hopes to get his last few years in now, for retirement. This is a photo of the recently closed and historic McIntyre!

Comments