65 Dundas St. E., Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2G8, Canada

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

Convenient for the Sights Downtown!

I stayed in this hotel one night during my 2000 trip when I toured Canada. The rooms were pretty basic but functional and very convenient for the city's attractions. It remember it being a very busy hotel and found the hotel staff rather impersonal and rushed particularly at breakfast time when there were so many people to see to.

I've noted on the hotel's website that the hotel has been renovated in 2011 and has a more contemporary and urban feel to it.

Please note breakfast is generally not included in the hotel rates.

Unique Quality: I remember the hotel not just offered the standard rooms but suites with spa bathrooms and business class rooms. The hotel also has a conference centre for meetings and events along with a fitness centre and other facilities you expect in a three star hotel.

Directions: Downtown at Yonge and Dunda Squares. Not far from the Toronto Theatre District, Eaton Centre and other attractions.

• keyanaw's Profile Photo

Bond Place

I would recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was small for two people but you could always ask for a bigger room.

Unique Quality: Downtown City View, In the Middle of Everything

Directions: Financial District

• miso80's Profile Photo

Excellent Location

Overlooking Yonge-Dundas Square, and located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this hotel is ideal for the busy tourist that likes to spend as little time in their hotel room, and getting to the heart of the action!

This hotel has clean bathrooms, and ok rooms - although there seemed to be a smell of cigarettes even in the non-smoking rooms. Being located in the heart of the city, the lights coming from the surrounding buildings (Eaton Center, etc..), and noise coming from the hustle and bustle of the city can make it difficult for you to sleep early (if you are planning to do so) - but that may be the trade-off for being right in the center of Toronto.

Unique Quality: - Excellent Location
    - Friendly Staff

Directions: Bordering street: Dundas Street East
    Zone: Yonge-Dundas Square
    Neighborhood: Downtown
    Borough: Toronto

• rsilva's Profile Photo

Central location, good price

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days and overall it was a good experience.

Front-desk staff were less than friendly, but still quite professional, the room was OK, but not great, but it was reasonably large and clean and that is enough for me.
    Location is very good, just behind Dundas square and the Eaton Centre.
    If you want to go see a theatre play, you are 2 minutes away from a ticket sales point.
    There is a desk in the Hotel where you can arrange sightseeing tours and get vouchers for the CN Tower or helicopter rides.

I got a great rate online, with a free night so we paid an average of 100 CAD/night

UPDATE:
    We stayed here again during our last stay, this time for 8 nights and it was another good experience.
    We were first placed on the second floor by the not-very-friendly girl at the front desk, but the view was not any good (we had a tree right in front of us) and there were buses parked (with their engine on) early in the morning. The usual street noise was also quite noticeable.
    The next day I went to the front desk again and this time I spoke to a very friendly person (the front desk manager) who was very kind and placed us on the 16th floor with a view overlooking Yonge street (you don't actually see it because of the buildings, but its quite nice).
    Rooms were still clean and comfortable, they seemed a bit smaller this time, but still adequate.

There was wireless internet available for 8.95/day, which is only available on some floors, so if you need it ask for a room with access or take the laptop to the lobby. I was told there is also a computer you can use in the basement. Be careful, however, as the subscription is actually renewed automatically if the time is up... without any warning. If you subscribe for 24 hours (you can also subscribe for just one hour or one month), one minute after you will be billed another 24 hours, so make sure you keep track of time.

We paid 100CAD/night including taxes, so I was glad to see that the prices did not go up since our last trip. Parking is 14 CAD/day.

Unique Quality: Good location

Directions: Driving up Yonge Street (coming from the lakefront), turn right when you see the Eaton Centre at your left (right at the corner of the Hard Rock Cafe), straight on and then turn right at the traffic lights,

• We stayed at the Bond Place...

We stayed at the Bond Place Hotel.
    Our stay was part of a citybreak package.

Unique Quality: Reasonably priced hotel. Part of a Thomas Cook citybreak package. Good restaurant for breakfast and evening meal. Excellent location. Short walk to the Eaton Centre. Handy for the tram to Chinatown. Saw black squirrrels at the back of the hotel.

Directions: 65 Dundas Street East
    Toronto
    ON
    M5B 2G
    Tel: 001 416 362 6061
    Fax: 001 416 362 6406

More about Bond Place Hotel

great value, great location

we were in toronto from may 13 till may 17, and stayed at the bond place hotel.
the rooms are clean and nice, but the really great thing about it is the location. it is very close to eaton center mall, to the subway and the street bus, to lovely young street. to downtown, and a lot of nice reasturants.

No Reservations

by TripAdvisor Member ldavidc

In Planning a trip to the Toronto area, I had my travel agent make reservations at The Bond Place Hotel. These reservations were made over a month in advance of my arrival date. Four days before I leave for Toronto the hotel calls my travel agent and cancels my reservation. It seems there was a convention in town, and also The Molson Cart races, because I wasn't staying with them three nights I was put out. I think the Management of The Bond Place Hotel should look up the word Reservation in the dictionary, its obvious they don't know what it means. So If you want to make a reservation that is in fact a reservation try somewhere else.

Great location, great city

We stayed at the Bond Place Hotel as part of our Round the World honeymoon in March. The place was in an excellent location just a 5 minute walk to the Eaton Centre and Canon Theatre (The Producers). The service was great and the only real complaint we had was that the we requested a non-smoking room and the room we got smelled a little like an ashtray. I am pretty picky with my hotels and I would recommend this to anyone who didn't want to spend too much but still be in the middle of the action - stay here. Toronto was awesome.

Again reservations failed!!! - DONT BOOK!!!!

Having read the previous 2 reviews of this hotel I got a little nervous and decided to call the hotel from the UK to confirm my reservation. I am so glad I did!!! - Exactly the same as the other reviewers - NO reservation!!!
I actually got to speak to someone in charge who claimed that the tour operator in the UK hadn't paid their bills and that they were on hold. I said that the reason I phoned was that there was bad reviews on Tripadvisor about reservations and that I had been using that booking agency for years with no problems. After a long pause I got ' Well we have no rooms available so we cant help you any further' and then the line went dead!!
I spoke to the booking agency in the UK and they were completely baffled as they had received a booking reference from Bond Place
I am soo glad I read Tripadvisor first as it would have ruined the surprise trip I had booked for my husband to be. First impressions?? - incompetent
and rude!!!

Excellent value right in the centre

by TripAdvisor Member traciii

I stayed at the Bond Hotel from 7 - 14th May and really enjoyed our stay there. We were like most people travelling to a new city for the first time a little wary of what we might find. Well there was absoltley no problems here. Quick efficient check in, bell boy was great help. Room was comforatable and clean, nothing to rave about, but we only slept and washed there as you will spend 80% of yur time out and about. Room was cleaned daily, fresh towels and toiletries daily as well. Used the downstairs bar and pool tables a few times too. Excellent location, right across from the Eaton Centre. Easy to walk to all major attractions. Subway station across the street as well. Lovely square with fountains to sit and people watch just near to the hotel. Plenty to do and see, use the subways to get about. It's all very easy to navigate your way around town. I had no problems with this hotel, the Bel boy even booked us a limo to take us back to the airport and it was cheaper than the taxi that had brought us. The only bad point is the amount of tramps and beggers hanging around, this is throughout the whole downtown area, not just arround the Bond. We just choose to ignore them, they don't give you any hassle. Overall i was very pleased with our stay and would recommend to anyone, it may not be fancy, but for a budget traveller its just great.

Perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member Travel_For_Fun

We stayed there for 2 nights from May 11 to 13. The room is small, but clean and neat. The location is perfect and near to all Toronto attractions. I got a good deal at their own website and the package is only $121.00 CAD including room+breakfast+parking. However, I disliked one thing. That's currency exchange rate. DO NOT MAKE EXCHANGE AT THIS HOTEL. They gave me lower rate than outside especially in China Town (just 5 minutes public transp. from hotel). I will recommend this hotel if you're looking for great price and location.

• Jun 14, 2013 at 9:50 PM

In my opinion, this is a one-star motel trying to hide its actual station under the guise of renovated rooms & newer but very cheap furniture.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone; I have had better experiences staying in the military bunkhouses of NATO military camps in Bosnia. We will never do business again with this hotel based on this experience.

Rooms:

* Very clean & in good repair.
    * Very small, cramped, and uncomfortable.
    * No hair conditioner provided, only shampoo.
    * Uncomfortable mattresses.
    * Floor air conditioner blows directly on to the bed making it uncomfortable and difficult to sleep (turn it on and the cold air keeps you awake - turn it off and you sweat to death as the room temperature rapidly rises).
    * No phone at bedside; the phone is located on a shelf on the far side of the room.
    * Phone has no speakerphone or mute function.
    * No chest of drawers or nightstand drawers for use during extended stays.
    * No desk and a small, uncomfortable chair.
    * Toilet seat too small for the fixture - more comfortable to use with the seat up.
    * Shower stream is weak - many of the shower head nozzles are not functional, most likely clogged judging from the lime scale on the head.
    * The bathroom's sliding door and the toilet flush is extremely noisy - enough to wake one that is sleeping.

Services & Staff:

* Elevators from hell - the wait for elevators is often over five minutes when called and they occasionally get stuck.
    * Rude front desk staff - the woman behind the desk became snarky when I asked for an incidentals receipt and handed it over with a snitty, fake smile.
    * Helpful, friendly, and professional cleaning staff.
    * Rude restaurant personnel - the three staff sitting at a table in the empty restaurant were irritated with my wife interrupting them and made her uncomfortable enough to leave.
    * No room service.
    * Insecure, slow wireless internet (no authentication required, only room number and name).
    * No onsite parking.

Location:

* Good central location close to Dundas Subway Station.
    * For shoppers, the Eaton's Centre is a short walk away.
    * Guests receive 25% of food at the nearby Imperial Pub (avoid the hotel restaurant and dine there - our experience at the pub was terriffic).
    * Several fast food locations nearby.
    * The neighbourhood appears to be a seedy area. Bums and beggars abound - within minutes of our arrival we were accosted several times and several more times in the days following.