Courtyard Downtown Toronto

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Fabulous Hotel!!!

Check in and out were efficient and easy. We arrived early & had no problem getting into our room. Loved the plush linens and very comfy bed. Room was quiet and just wonderful. We hated to leave, this was our favorite on our 5 hotel vacation.

Unique Quality: 1. Location was fabulous, the metro was on the corner & we were able to walk the City.
    2. Breakfast was impressive. I loved the omelet man & my husband enjoyed the waffles, pancakes & pastry station.
    3. The fitness center & indoor pool were pretty extensive.
    4. Complimentary laundry facilities were appreciated. While I was loading an employee gave me a cold soda.
    5. Staff was just so friendly & helpful from housekeeping to security.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Yonge street accomodation ...

I wandered in here after a loooong day of traveling and visiting. My roomie let me stay here pro bono, so I can't speak to the cost or value, but I can tell you about my experience ... I found the room comfortable enough for 2 adults and all their gear, the bed was exceptional and allowed me a fantastic rest, the staff members I came across were helpful and courteous .... each of these things led to a restful and comfortable experience at this hotel.

Unique Quality: The hotel is close to theaters, adult entertainment venues, stores, and great multi-ethnic grub. Easily accessible from the local subways, this is a nice place to stay to be right in the thick of things :)

• nancy531's Profile Photo

On the longest street in the world

This hotel was rated as a 3 star, but I guess I didn't see how it would get that rating. Maybe for the business traveler, but for the tourist I would say its a 2 or 2 1/2 star really. I booked it on Priceline and got a really really cheap rate, so what am I complaining about? The room was average, but the linens were the less fluffy kind and there was nothing truley memorable about the decor. The location was good with access to the subway less than a block away. There was also coffee shops and a drug store right downstairs. The staff was helpful and the valet parking was very convienient. The breakfast buffet was reasonable and very good.

Unique Quality: They had a pool / work out area in the basement with a narrow lap pool, a jacuzzi and a small shalow pool for kids. I guess the only outstanding thing here is the service the staff gave. A woman at the door walked us down the block to show us where the subway stops and we got a discount from the server at breakfast.

Directions: Harbor to Yonge Street north to the intersection of College.

More about Courtyard Downtown Toronto

Courtyard Toronto Downtown

Stayed at the Courtyard Toronto Downtown at the end of August. I was impressed by the location (right off of Yonge Street) and near shopping, restaurants and the subway. Rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was attentive. Pool and gym in the basement were a nice touch. Would definitely stay there again. The price was pretty good for downtown

Great Hotel, Great Location, Some Housekeeping Issues

DETAILS/PRICES
*Stayed Labor Day Weekend, Sept 2-4
*$33us/night (thru Priceline, obtained 1-1/2 weeks prior)
*$20cdn valet parking (w/ in & out privileges at no extra charge, although the valets do stand around expecting a tip)
*$15cdn parking in public garage across the street
*$14cdn for breakfast buffet, $9.99cdn hamburger
*$13cdn in-room movie
*$7cdn for 2 hr access to in-room Playstation
*$1cdn per outgoing local call, incoming calls free
*free high speed internet access

LOCATION
*On Yonge between Wood & Alexander on the left if you are coming from the 401 (a few blocks before the Eaton Centre)
*No direct access to parking/drop off from the front of the building on Yonge, you must enter from the driveways on the side streets Wood or Alexander
*Wendy's Restaurant in front of the building, McDonald's/Burger King across the street
*If you forget some toiletries, don't bother with the overpriced gift shoppe downstairs. Shoppers Drug Mart is on the next block (go left) on Yonge Street and they have everything at reasonable prices.

ROOM
*Was not able to reserve room preference in advance due to using Priceline (preferred non-smoking, king bed, quiet area)
*No kings available upon check-in, got room next to elevator (does priceline purchase blocks of rooms in undesireable areas like near the ice machine or elevators?)
*The toilet and shower are inside the bathroom, but the sink is behind the bathroom on the outside.
*In the North Tower, room numbers ending in 42-48 are near the vending/ice machines (loud) and 40-41 are right next to the elevator.

HOUSEKEEPING ISSUES
*Pillowcase had stains, towels had hair from someone else. Front desk very apologetic and exchanged them for fresh ones.
*Found one tear-shaped bug on the bed (upon checking out).

OTHER AMENITIES
*washing machines for guests (did not use)
*pool (did not use, but it's not on the 1st floor, we looked for it and did not find it so it must be on another floor)

Terrific value!

by TripAdvisor Member Spaceace

We stayed at Courtyard Downtown for four nights last month and had a wonderful experience! This hotel is in one of the best locations in T.O., with easy access to both streetcars and subway. Lots of stores and restaurants of every type within an eyeshot of the hotel.

The rates were equally convenient, but beware that if you're paying cash for your room as we did, you will be charged a C$50 deposit per night!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DilbertAndFriends

The Courtyard hotel is a great hotel in a great location. The room is large, clean and comfortable and has free internet access.

The rooms near the elevator and ice machine could get very noisey. I could hear the ice machine being used from my room which was at the far end of the corridor.

If you are going to the airport then ask the hotel about the airport service as they offer town car transport to the airport which will cost you less than getting a taxi.

If you plan to stay at the Courtyard for more than 7 nights then they offer a special Long Stay rate which a lot of the popular room booking websites do not seem to offer so shop around and you could save yourself another 50%.

When I went to Toronto (late September early August) there was a lot of building work happening all over Toronto and especialy next to a number of the other hotels I considered.

Comfortable, great location

by TripAdvisor Member OhioRon

We just got back from another great trip to Toronto. We've been to Toronto numerous times, but this was our first time at this hotel. Very comfortable rooms, like most other Courtyard hotels we stayed at, but this one seemed more spacious to us. The location is absolutely perfect--very convenient to buses, subways, and inexpensive valet parking. Of course, if you've been to Toronto, you know that Yonge Street is "where it's at." Lots going on all the time, and you're right there. I like this hotel as well as any I've used in Toronto.

Only three hotels in Toronto have a tour desk for the major tour companies--and Courtyard is one of them. They were quite helpful to us.

This is a great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member llipgh

I highly recommend this hotel. The rates are inexpensive to moderate (the hotel's website offers deals to AAA/CAA members).

The hotel looks rather new. Our room was comfortable and extremely clean, and was kept so our entire stay. It's centrally located, and parking is available ($20 CND for Valet parking, $15 CND for self parking). There is a full service restaurant on the premises, a good place to grab breakfast before heading out for the day. There is also a nice bar there, but there are so many great places to go in Toronto we didn't spend any time there.

My only gripe (and it's not a complaint, and it's a very minor gripe at that) is the fact that the sink is seperate from the bathroom. The layout of our room sometimes made it a hassle to run from the bathroom to the sink. It was handy when my b/f was in the shower and I wanted to use the sink, though.

Great value

Location and physical structure are first class, while prices (via Priceline) offer great value. The rooms are clean and quiet and the staff are friendly and accommodating.

Bathroom and closet on the small side, but the room is big enough to spread out in.

Hotels in Markham

by cKristina

Hello

I currently live in Montreal.

I will be going to Toronto in three weeks. I am looking for a hotel in Markham. Any hotel will be fine for me, as long as its near or in Markham.

Markham is exit 383 on the 401.

Thanks

Re: Hotels in Markham

by GrumpyDiver

Last time I was in the area on business I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Inn in Markham.

Nothing special, but convenient for work. There are a whole slew of places to eat just north of there up East Beaver Creek Rd.

Re: Hotels in Markham

by cKristina

Thank you very much, that will really help me out!

Comments