Days Hotel and Conference Centre Toronto

Booking.com IHG Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• longwind's Profile Photo

No Call No Bus

Be noted that there are two Days Hotel here, one is Days Hotel and Conference Centre Toronto (let's say Days Hotel I), another one is Days Hotel and Conference Centre - East Toronto (let's say Days Hotel II), totally different.

Arrival in Toronto International Airport terminal 1, go downstair to the ground level, go outside the building and look at the sign on the pillar, S5 (on the building wall side) is the shuttle bus station for "Days Hotel II" , be careful this is the Days Hotel EAST. Other hotel bus driver kindly advised me that for the "Days Hotel I" (without EAST), you should make a phone call, NO CALL, NO BUS, although Expedia said the Days Hotel I provides free shuttle bus service.

Expedia does not provide you with hotel phone number, so look at the schedule post near S5, got the phone number of Days Hotel II, then be helped by its front desk to find out the phone number for Days Hotel I : 416-242-6600

Made phone call and the shuttle bus arrived in 20 minutes.

Tips:
    1. Identify Days Hotel I (close to the airport) and Days Hotel II (far away from the airport).
    2. Remember Days Hotel I phone number
    3. Make phone call to get your free shuttle to Days Hotel I
    4. The Days Hotel I was also called as "Days Inn"

Unique Quality: The hotel is excellent at this price, free breakfast, free WiFi, reception was very kind.

• tahte's Profile Photo

A no-frills hotel in a great location

Overall, my stay was fine. Sure, the fire alarms went off at 3am once (never learned why), and a worker got sick from some mystery odor in mine and the neighboring room (which I never noticed), but the room was clean and quiet, the bed was comfortably firm.

At the time I booked this trip, the Days was the cheapest hotel available, so I got what I paid for. Next time, I'll look for a hotel with a little more oomph, but if I can't find it, I'll be back at the Days.

Unique Quality: The lobby was nice, as were the staff, but the best part about the hotel is its location. It is just steps away from Yonge Street and the College train station.

Though my room was on the top (23rd) floor, there was no view due to an even taller building right across the street. I stretched to look around it and saw a bit of a view.

Free wi-fi is available in the lobby, and wired access in their business center. Restaurants and services (e.g., spa, barber, souvenir shop) on the ground floor.

Directions: Down the block from College subway station on the Yonge-University-Spadina line. Adjacent to Maple Leaf Gardens.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Good budget hotel near College Metro Station

For a tourist or business traveler visiting downtown Toronto, the location is very good -- only a short walk to Yonge Street and the College metro station. Toronto's public transportation system is terrific and very easy to navigate. Also, for hockey enthusiasts, the hotel is only a few doors down from the site of the former Maple Leafs Garden Arena (which will soon be the site of a supermarket). If you want a luxury hotel, look elsewhere. However, if you want a no frills, budget hotel in the city center, this hotel may be a good choice for you. One drawback, though, is that it is a little far from the main entertainment district on King and Queen Streets. Also, while the front desk help was very friendly, both my check-in and check-out were unusually slow.

Unique Quality: The hotel's breakfast buffet is okay, but a little pricey. Fortunately, there are a few other good breakfast options nearby including the Golden Griddle Family Restaurant directly across the street on Carlton -- and Fran's on College Street (Carlton becomes College when you cross Yonge).

Directions: Near Yonge Street/College Metro Station

• Central location

Our hotel room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful.
    The downside was aggressive beggars approaching you nearby or taking stubbs out of the ashtrays outside the hotel. If you gave them money they were friendly, if you did`nt you received abuse. The beggars sitting on the street did not bother you.

Unique Quality: We had a lovely meal in the hotel restaurant ( windows ).
    We also had a snack in the beer cellar bar, it was ok but not somewhere I would eat again.
    I used the coffee bar lots, the member of staff on at night was friendly and welcoming, the one during the day was the total opposite with not a nice manner at all.

Directions: Could easily get about with the location of the hotel.

• Brijb20's Profile Photo

Well placed to see the city

We enjoyed our stay at the Days inn Downtown. We found it well placed to get around Toronto being either a good 20-30 min walk to downtown or a 1 min walk to the subway station. We were wary to start, of using but we asked the very helpful receptionist who told us there was no problem. Of course she was right just newcomers nervousness.
    Also in the lobby was a selection of small shops,( barber, gifts travel agent), and a desk where you could book Taxi's or tickets for shows and events.
    The room was comfortable and clean with all the usual, hairdryer, tv etc. An indoor swimming pool is available for guests use.
    On the ground floor frontage of the hotel is a coffe shop and also a bar. I was quite impressed with the bar as they were showing a Leeds Utd match, (they were in the Champions League at the time), and had a good selection of beers.
    Very handy for Queen's Park and the University
    As I've already said we enjoyed our stay here and would reccommend it to anyone.
    We didn't need it but there is an $18 dollar a day fee for parking.

Unique Quality: Almost on top of the Subway station so you can reach just about anywhere in the city.

Directions: The Days Hotel Toronto Downtown is located at 30 Carlton Street between Yonge and Church Streets. The entrance for the underground parking is located on Wood Street, one block north to Carlton Street.

More about Days Hotel and Conference Centre Toronto

very nice and convenient area

I stayed at the Days a couple of times and I must say that I have no bad memories of the location, the cleanliness factor, or the staff. I enjoyed my stay because it is very convenient (right off of Yonge st and Carlton st) to the eaton centre, among many other shops and restaurants. It is also within walking distance of the Harbourfronte.

Great value, great location!

In response to some of the negative feedback about Days Inn lately, I thought I'd put in my two cents in. I stayed at the Days Inn August 2003 for 4 days, and also in August 2002 for a week. I paid $80 a night both times, which was a great deal.

The location was great - within walking distance to Eaton Centre, right across the street from a 24-hour convenience store, and 1 block to the subway station. The room and bathroom were a little small, but we were always out and rarely in the room anyway. The hotel was very clean and the daily maid service was great. In addition, the tour desk person was so friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend the Days Inn for the price-conscious traveller and for its location!

Excellent location for the money!

My family and I stayed at the Days twice and both times were fine. The staff are friendly and helpful and, although the rooms are small, they have everything you need and are comfortable. Its the location which scores. Its is right by a subway with quick and easy access to Downtown which for the money ($105 per night including breakfast for two adults and two kids!! Plus an on site pool!) is amazing. I would not recommend walking around the immediate area at night but its fine to get to the subway then go and eat/shop/sightsee elsewhere. (THe subway is clean and cheap)
PS The CN Tower on a clear day is a MUST! As is Niagara and the Maid in th Mist (We hired a car - very cheap - from Budget in the hotel and drove to Niagara. Much cheaper than the guided tours.)

shuttle service for days inn downtown toronto

by namor99

is there a shuttle service from pearson airport to the days hotel on carlton and if so how much

Re: shuttle service for days inn downtown toronto

by Pomerol

There is a shuttle service but not directly to the Days inn on Carlton. You'd have to get off at the Delta Chelsea and either walk or take a short cab ride from there. The cost is 16.95$ one way and 29.95$ round trip. A taxi/limo ride will set you off about 50$ with tip so depending on how many are travelling with you, you can figure out what is the best deal.

Look at this site for schedule and map: http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/013007PWAirportSchedule.pdf

Re: shuttle service for days inn downtown toronto

by yvr

If you are thinking of a complimentary hotel shuttle provided by Days Inn, no they do not have one.

Comments