Delta Chelsea Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Biggest downtown Hotel

I stayed here for 5 nights during my second trip to Toronto to get a US visa.
    I don't have any problem about my stay. I got an older room at 20th floor but they give me an option to wait until 1 PM to have an upgraded room with new designs. I dont have enough rest and very tired and its only 9 AM so i chose the older room. I got my room for 120 CAD in 2 nights and 3 nights at 102 CAD. Not bad for a downtown Toronto hotel.
    I dont have any complain about my room. It's clean, comfortable king size bed, working AC ,clean bathroom nice view of the city. I am not really picky in terms of accommodation as long as its comfortable and clean. Everyday they clean my room, new towels etc. and I am happy about it.
    Their staff are very helpful and the Filipina working their as a receptionist helped me a lot on where to go and where to eat etc.
    What I like about the hotel is it's location. Walking distance to everything and the airport shuttle will drop you off right to the hotel.

• clareabee's Profile Photo

Canada's largest hotel!

We stayed here for our honeymoon. It was in an excellent location - within walking distance to many of the sites, right need public transport and the hop on hop off bus right on Dundas Square which we used quite a lot.
    We were lucky to be upgraded to a suite with a kitchen which was really handy to grab a coffee in the morning or for storing cold drinks in the fridge. The bed was the most comfortable bed i have EVER slept in - pure bliss!! - I had no problem sleeping at all.
    All the staff were lovely, bar one lady on the concierge but i expect that was because she was on her own!!
    The hotel had 2 bars, both of which we drank in - Monarch and Elm street - both good for cocktails - we also ate in BBs on our first night and enjoyed a burger here.
    It isn't the most intimate of hotels but we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend to others!

Unique Quality: There is a rooftop pool which we never used with a gym which is for adults only and there is also a childrens pool with a water slide - so something for all!

• Home away from home

My family and I have stayed numerous times here for reasons from daughter going to Sick Kids to vacation. Every time has been a pleasure to stay except for our second visit. We used a credit card to get the room for 5 nights and they took the whole amount off the credit card the minute we used it and did not tell us that they were going to do that. My family traveled to Canada's Wonderland by train and bus(about an hour and a half) and got there and when we went to pay by credit card for the passes, it was declined since it exceeded the card's limit. We had spent over half an hour in the line there to find that out and had to go back to the hotel(another hour and a half) to find out why they held the whole amount on the card. I took the kids swimming while my wife and son talked to the manager. Long story short-the next day they had 2 luxury cars drive us to the park, paid for the tickets to the park, and gave us breakfast and supper vouchers(50 for whole family for 3 days towards the cost of the meals) and gave us the room at a very discounted rate and a free night. My family and I enjoyed it from then on and the hotel and management more than made up for the first day. They have been nothing but courteous and accommodating every time we have went there and will do so again. We have seen no bugs, cockroaches of any kind there.

Unique Quality: The family pool area is very nice with the big hot pool and the children's pool and the childrens' play room and teenage play area is a nice place for the kids to spend time. The children sitting service was good and the children enjoyed that time(as did we the adults). The rooms have always been immaculate and if there were anything missing(an extra pillow...) a call was made and it was corrected quickly. My wife and I have spent a little time in the adult pool and hot tub and found it peaceful and time well spent. The kids just love the water slide in the family pool. I would recommend this over most other places we have stayed not only for the very reasonable rates, but for the service, room quality, location near many amenities and transportation around Toronto.

Directions: downtown Yonge street Toronto

• kaarenon's Profile Photo

Toronto with small child

Our little family (Parents with 1,5 year old) spent 9 nights at this hotel in april-may 2008. The room (at 23. floor) was perfect for us, as it had a kitchen, sitting group and a huge bed. The balcony was also good. Everything was clean, and the breakfast restaurant on the top floor was great, allthough a little expensive (the service up there was, however, impeccable). Service was great at all times, and the hotel is very conveniently placed in downtown Toronto. We did not try the water slide, as our boy was too small. The girls at the toddlers room were friendly enough, but anxious parents that we are, we did not want to leave him with them. Having a quite big room, that was not a problem, as he could play, while we relaxed there after seeing the whole of Toronto (lovely city) several times. The only downside to this hotel from our experience, was the common breakfast restaurant, as that was a little bit expensive compared to quality. But no problem: we just went out an bought what we needed and put in in the fridge.

Unique Quality: I have allready described the hotel, but Toronto with a small child was great. Lots of places to walk with a pram, the Riverside farm with animals, The great Royal Ontario Museum, The CNN Tower (my son loved all those), friendly people, great beach (a little too cold in early may) and a central city area that was easily crossed on foot with a pram.

• Avoid if you don't like cockroaches

On a trip to visit family over the Thanksgiving weekend, several members of my family stayed at this hotel for. My mother and I stayed in one room on the 26th floors, while other family members stayed in other rooms on lower floors.

While the locations is convenient, and the staff generally friendly, we were deeply unimpressed by the rooms. In addition to having our toilet overflow for no clear reason one morning just as we were preparing to go out for the day, we saw cockroaches twice during our four night stay: once in the closet where I was keeping my clothes, and once in the bathroom. From the size, shape and movement of the bugs, there is no question at all that they were roaches, and not some other kind of beetle. My mother and chose to stay in the room rather than upset our other relatives who were staying there, and included a family with young children that would have had a hard time moving to another hotel. My mother did quietly alert a manager to the problem on the morning we checked out of the hotel, but in a follow-up phone call the manager told us that their staff was not able to find any bugs, and did not sound like she had any intention of fumigating or otherwise dealing with the apparent infestation.

My mother and I have both stayed in many hotels and hostels, and neither of us has ever seen a cockroach before. So, while the Delta may have a convenient location, unless you're fine with the idea of living with roaches, and potentially bringing some home with you in your luggage, I would suggest finding a different hotel for your stay in Toronto. I, for one, will never stay at the Delta again.

Directions: Downtown Toronto

• kehale's Profile Photo

Great Hotel, Great Location

I've stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions and both of them were fantastic experiences! The second time being more memorable. Upon our arrival at the hotel for a night away in the city, our room wasn't yet ready. Being prepared to leave our luggage with the concierge and head out, the lady behind the desk asked us to wait for a second. She went to talk to someone and she came back and informed us that since our room wasn't ready we were being upgraded... even though we had arrived earlier than our room should've been ready!! We were extremely pleased and the hotel room was great. Located as a corner room we had wrap around windows and a nice big balcony which the huge kind sized bed faced.
    All of the rooms in this hotel are really up to date and well taken care of. Their pillow top mattresses make for a great nights sleep - by far one of the best I've ever had. If anyone were ever to ask me a great hotel to stay in the city - I would definitely recommend this one based on price paid and value. Located JUST off Yonge street you're in a really prime area to travel around the city easily.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

A Very Large, Organised Hotel With Service

We had a 2 night stay in this 1600 room hotel, but do not let the hotel size scare you off. The hotel is large, has plenty of staff to assist you and they provide good service. In fact there are various elevator locations which service the various floors and wings, they are not congested together and provide an extremely fast service.

A number of restaurant choices are available and also includes an international market which provides quality meals at reasonable cost.

The hotel is family friendly providing swimming pools, childrens entertainment rooms and self service laundry facilities.

We enjoyed our 2 night stay and would return. As we were on a coach tour I do not know the room charge.

• Avoid this dingy place

We wanted to take the kids to the indoor water slide at the Delta Chelsea downtown toronto and were disappointed. The staff at the front desk was very poorly trained and had difficulty speaking english. Our rooms were not ready upon arrival : (

When we finally got the rooms they were soo small and dingy... : ( :(

We complained and were eventually moved WITHOUT any Apology to two other dingy but at least clean rooms. At the price they charge the rooms should be much better. Oh, and the water slide... It is there, but again - very dingy... There are so many other places that I suggest you stay away from Delta

Unique Quality: location is OK, staff is RUDE, manager tries to hide and pretends she is not there

rooms are dingy

Directions: downtown toronto

• March Break Stay

We stayed here this week for March Break and were somewhat impressed. The price was $169 but that included a $25 meal voucher and free parking ($23 value). So... that's basically saying we stayed in downtown toronto for about $110 -- a real steal! The itinerary of March Break activities was very extensive... family Fear Factor, Bingo all night long, etc. all included at no cost. Oh! And the best part -- a day camp for kids which included craft time, Nintendo time, bingo, swimming and a meal... FREE! We couldn't believe it. Much to our delight, our 6-year olds were more than willing to join the camp for the afternoon, leaving my wife and I time to go shopping on Yonge Street without worrying about the kids tagging along.

All in all, an EXCELLENT choice next March break, if you have kids.

• Bavavia's Profile Photo

Perfect location! Quiet comfy rooms!!

The Delta Chelsea is a nice quiet hotel. The front desk is very accomodating with things like late check in, late check out, etc. . The hotel was fine, pretty basic, but quiet and comfortable which is all we were looking for, so it was a good choice. The location was central as well, perfect location.

Unique Quality: Central location: This hotel couldnt be in a better spot! We were able to walk around town very easily and end up back at the hotel in just a couple hours of walking. One day we turned right and started walking that way, then the next day , we turned left and started walking that way, so we pretty much covered everything !

Directions: Just take the Toronto airport express bus and get off the Delta Chelsea stop. Its the last stop. It takes about one hour from the airport.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

MEETING POINT

This is Canada`s largest hotel with 1,590 rooms to choose from, it doesnt feel like its so large probably because its so tall and because with the exception of the front desk the public areas were rarely crowded, there are four entrances which we found confusing [we are easily confused] as a couple of times we found ouselves walking in the completely wrong direction having exited the wrong door
    there are 5 restaurants ranging from the self service Market Garden to the up-market [and expensive] Bb33 Bistro and Brasserie. There are great facilities for all types of visitors from families to business travellers and we found the service was good but a little unfriendly

Our room was comfortable with a good view of the city and a coffee maker is supplied, and the toiletries were really nice

Unique Quality: there is an adults only health club and swimming pool on the 27th floor with great view over the city, and a family fun pool with a 140 ft waterslide on the second floor, there is also a children`s games room and a creativity centre

the Business cente has a full range of facilities but closes rather early if you have put in a full days sightseeing [8pm during the week, 4 and 6pm Saturday and Sunday] there is complimentary tea and coffee

the hotel has a self service laundry and dry cleaning is available

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Huge, huge, huge!

I really didn't get to choose the hotel, as I was to be amidst the "hub-bub" of what was going on (eg: Meeting w/ Berni amongst others). Nevertheless, Darbs told me it was the biggest hotel (room-wise) in any of the Provinces. I believe him. Everything went through Expedia.com, so I went with it. Also got the ground transport from Pearson to the hotel. The transport was a gigantic bus (the kind where the driver sits in a little 'pit' up front) that careened from hotel to hotel. (Actually, it was *quite* energising!)

Somehow, Expedia got me a rate of $80 (USD) per night. SWEET! But, I really didn't care about the room, the company was in the forefront of my thoughts.

Unique Quality: There was a queasy little bar with a *really* icky disco, but they had Guinness on tap. That makes it fine by me. The Market Restaurant was okay, but WAY overpriced. The top floor observation deck was anything but. Miasmic views of virtually nothing remarkable. The 'health club' was populated with over-eager wanna-be-Adonis' picking up 'chicks' for a night at the aforementioned cheesy bar.

Not too impressive. Nosirree...

Directions: Directly in the middle of Downtown

• Darby2's Profile Photo

Biggest hotel in the British Commonwealth

We stayed in a rather cramped double room, in which the amenities were rather average. The thermostat for controlling the room temperature didn't work and it left the room like a sauna, except when I opend the balcony windo to let some cool air in.

Overall, the service was good, but we arrive at a very busy time. The hotel has a total of 1590 rooms and suites on 27 floors. The hotel was, according to the front desk, was at 97% occupancy at that weekend...

Directions: On Gerrard Street, between Bay and Yonge

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Delta Chelsea!

The Delta Chelsea is located right downtown Toronto and is your typical Delta. It had a newly renovated section at the time of my visit. I was in room 2061 with a king size bed which I liked with a balcony and view of Younge Street right below.

That should be a draw in some respects depending on what you plan to be doing while in Toronto. It’s about 30 minutes away from the Richmond Entertainment District on foot or $7 in a cab.

A little pet peeve I am developing with Delta is having to pay for the Internet all the time. For the price of the rooms it should be included. The front desk and porter staff were fine and there was plenty of other amenities at the hotel but I was just there a short time. There were restaurants, an ATM, shops, etc.

One thing I noticed just across the street I might check out sometime and that was a belly dancing restaurant. Not a peeler bar but belly dancing. That would be interesting don’t you think? There is a strip of several fine looking restaurants right there next to the hotel that all looked great.

• tvor's Profile Photo

Delta Chelsea Downtown

The Delta Chelsea is one of, if not the largest hotel in Canada with almost 1600 rooms over 27 floors. It's location can't be beat, right off Yonge Street and only a short block or two from the Eaton Center downtown. A variety of room types from a standard queen room to suites. Many Rooms have high speed internet access (at a cost of course). Many also have a small outside balcony (but keep in mind that there can also be smog in Toronto). there are family suites and rooms and suites and a club that caters to business travelers and the hotel has some good facilities for families including a games room and a corkscrew water slide over the family pool.

Unique Quality: Adults only pool and health club on the 27th floor. Family pool with a corkscrew water slide. Business center with computer rentals available. Self service laundry available. Parking available but it's expensive. They also allow small to medium size pets but they charge extra per night for extra cleaning. See the web site for the complete pet policy and charges.

Directions: Between the Dundas and College subway stops on the Yonge street line.

More about Delta Chelsea Hotel

TORONTO HOTELS

by owensyb

HEY GUYS HAVE ANY OF YOU STAYED AT THE MARRIOTT RESIDENCE INN, DOWNTOWN TORONTO, RECENTLY. I WOULD LOVE YOUR REVIEWS IF YOU HAVE. I WAS RECOMMENDED THE DELTA CHELSEA FOR LOCATION BUT THE REVIEWS ARE REALLY BAD. OPTION ON THE RESIDENCE INN BUT BEFORE I BOOK I WOULD LOVE YOUR COMMENTS.

THANKS.

by YVRDave

It is pretty good. Have a look at One King West also www.onekingwest.com

by Sunshine64

I stayed there in Feb 08 on business and really liked it. If that's recent enough for you, see my page for details and pictures.

by neverstoptravel

I stayed at Delta Chelsea this summer and got one of our rooms upgrade, nothing to complain for the price I paid.

Comments