Emerald Isle Motel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Pig Pen

If you want to stay in filth, this is the place. Rooms are dark, not much lighting, til morning when the sun shines in your window and you get a good look. We found two dirty glasses under the bed, one had something in it, there was somethings sprayed on the wall and picture, looked like someones pop sprayed. Beer bottle cap under the heater, dust on baseboards an inch thick, bathroom, the same, behind the door. I told them at front desk this morning when we checked out, I was told, if you told us last night we would have changed your room, to what another pig pen. Of all the motels we have stayed at, this ranks number 1 in pig pens.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Great Sign but not sure about the accomodations

To be honest, I've never stayed at this motel, nor do I know anyone who has. However, it has been at the intersection of Yonge Street and Highway 7 (actually this is Thornhill not Toronto but hope you're not being picky) as long as I can remember... and, even if I'm not a mother, that's a long time. I think I remember reading a complimentary article on the place.
    What is so fascinating about the place to me, and many others, is the sign outside which always has some rhyme or comment. The innkeeper does not hold back on some of his opinions. As far as I know, those who have been taken to task by him do not take offence, and appreciate the creative abilities. AND, if just shows that someone is paying attention!

Unique Quality: Really not knowing the caliber of the rooms, I'm not sure if they are soundproof against the noise of the highways. There is an outdoor pool.
    Should I find that this has a high rating with any of the travel organisations, I'll update this. It is close to a multi-plex theatre, SilverScreen Thornhill, and a number of restaurants and shopping. For someone not wanting to get far off the highway (either the 407 Toll road, or Highway 7) this could be an ideal spot.

Directions: Thornhill just above highway 407 & 7