1695 the College Way, Mississauga, Ontario, L5L 3S7, Canada

More about Toronto

Toronto ZooToronto Zoo

INSIDEINSIDE

Exhibit on Vampire BatsExhibit on Vampire Bats

Mural on the back wallMural on the back wall

Where can I find Golden Cloud brand Chinese Sausages?

by Elvissa

I'll be visiting Toronto soon and want to make a trip to Chinatown to pick up the Golden Cloud brand of Chinese Sausages while I'm there. They used to be shipped to the U.S., but it seems that brand is no longer available here and it's been my favorite brand to cook with since I discovered them years ago. I know there are several Chinatowns in Toronto, but I'm not familiar with any of them and I was hoping I could at least get the names/addresses of some of the Chinese supermarkets in the area. In the past, the sausages were available at the larger Chinese supermarkets in NY where many different brands were carried. Any help would be appreciated.

by johngayton

Probably your best bet would be the big market on Spadina Avenue. There are a couple of supermarkets there, along with loads of fresh food market stalls and various specialist shops.

Happy Sausage Hunting!

by madamx

There's T and T Supermarket; I've never been to one in Toronto, but the one here in Calgary sells Cloud Brand and maybe the Toronto ones would too:

If you're staying downtown there's a T and T on Cherry Street, you could most likely take public transportation to get there.

by Elvissa

Thanks so much. I'll check it out when I'm there. I'm dying to have some pineapple fried rice with the sausages and SnapPeas w/scallions and sausage again and I'll fix it for my friends if I can get them while I'm there. Yummy!

Travel Tips for Toronto

Metro Toronto Zoo

by RACCOON1

The Metro Toronto Zoo is one of the top three zoos in the world. It takes about 4 to 6 hours to walk the entire zoo area. It is best to start early and avoid weekends . The " Birds of Prey" deominstration is interesting . Hawks , falcons, etc are displayed . These birds are released individually to show their stuff. This causing a great deal of anxiety in the local bird population ( mainly seagulls ). The seagulls for obvious reasons make sure they are "above " the hawks or falcons . Sparrow hawks may land on peoples heads so wear a hat .

visit the path;it is un...

by fabrice

visit the path;it is un underground mall,but as big as a city I got out of the shower,in the youth hostel,I was not so dressed,even not dressed at all,and tried to find out where my room was,and I met (face to face) a group of 3 girls going down to check out

ST. JAMES CATHEDRAL

by LoriPori

Located right across the street from our Hotel and just off of King Street, the Anglican Church of Canada's ST. JAMES CATHEDRAL is absolutely beautiful. There is a plaque just outside the cathedral which reads: "York's first church was built here in 1803-07 with the aid of public subscriptions and a government grant. That frame building was enlarged in 1818-19 and replaced by a larger one in 1831. The second church was burnt in 1839. Toronto's first Cathedral was then erected on this site, but was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1849. The present Cathedral was begun in 1850, opened for divine service in 1853 and completed in 1874."

Local Television

by paulbrec

TORONTO TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS
When you visit Toronto, especially if you are from the U.S., watch TV. Yes, you read correctly, I did say watch TV. Toronto has a huge film and television production industry. Some of the best and most unique TV programs come out of Toronto, especially comedies. Canadian comedy is very raw. As a matter-of-fact it is not unusual to hear the F-word on TV here.

Picnic at Toronto Island Park

by freddie18

The Toronto Island Park is huge at approximately 230 hectares. Visitors have enjoyed the lakeside charm for many years and have became the best place to have a picnic. There is so much space and so much time here to enjoy with the family.

The Toronto Island Park comprises of Hanlan's Point, Centre Island and Ward's Island. The most popular of them is the Centre Island. You may check the link below to check the General Information specifying what to expect.

We have had picnics here with my family and relatives and had the summer company picnic. It was awesome and there's a lot of fun.

Comments