3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

92 Peter Street, Toronto, M5V 2G5, Canada

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• sabraway's Profile Photo

Do not stay here if you want to sleep

The hotel is located with a nightclub below it. They make no mention of this and even on the 10th floor the nightclub is much louder than the TV would be if you were watching it. It is ridiculous that a hotel rents a room that you cannot sleep in. They have nothing to say about the matter other then they are not in control of the nightclub. However, they are in control of renting me the room, charging my credit card and making no mention of the nightclub. When I rent a room at the minimum I expect that I can sleep.

Unique Quality: It is an awful location that is extremely loud.

Directions: Noisy district

More about Toronto

Union Station FacadeUnion Station Facade

Eaton Center, Toronto, CNEaton Center, Toronto, CN

Monkey riding a horse - artMonkey riding a horse - art

Me with the Niagara Whirlpool Aero CarMe with the Niagara Whirlpool Aero Car

Jazz in Toronto

by morellid

My husband and I (in our 50s) will be in Toronto in mid Sept. Need suggestions for restaurants (no chains, small local places preferred) and places to hear music (jazz or blues). We will be staying at the Fairmont Royal York. Thanks for any suggestions.

by Agraichen

I've not been in TOR in a couple years but my favorites are Alice Fazoolies http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/3e837/dc8fa/ and the Duke http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/Canada/Province_of_Ontario/Toronto-903418/Restaurants-Toronto-Duke_of_Westminster-BR-1.html

Have fun wandering THE PATH...

by stayc0712

I was just in Toronto last weekend and stayed at the Royal York.. Its a nice hotel but don't go the 2nd Cup coffee on the lower level. The girl was very rude ... Enjoy Toronto I did, The hockey hall of fame is just a block or 2 blocks over. I know nothing about the jazz festival but Toronto is a awesome city!

by milliturtle

There are lots of restaurants and pubs on the Esplanade / St. Lawrence Market area, about 5-10 minutes away (east) from Royal York. You can probably take a stroll in the neighbourhood and see what catches your fancy. Or you can eat at the St. Lawrence Market.

I'm not sure about jazz though. You can try looking at dine.to, toronto.com, or torontolife.com.

Travel Tips for Toronto

Chinatown

by OlenaKyiv

Toronto has the one of the largest Chinatowns in North America. It is centred around the intersection of Dundas Street West and Spadina Avenue, and extends outward from this point along both streets. It has grown significantly over the years and has come to reflect a diverse set of Asian cultures through its shops and restaurants, including Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thai.

When visiting Toronto, you...

by jaybird199

When visiting Toronto, you must go see a show. I am not kidding when I say that the theater productions are as good, if not better than NY! The Theaters are located downtown. My fondest memory is this past July when my friends and I were strolling through Kensington Market and a thunderstorm errupted and caugt us in the rain! It was a STEAMY afternoon. And it seemed like the rain evaporated when it hit the concrete. It was so refreshing to walk and sit in the rain. Great times...

A tea shop

by OlenaKyiv

Which Chinatown doesn’t have a tea store? I loved one we visited for aroma that was around and for numerous types of teas for sale. The most interesting I found were tea kettles and cups sets. Telling the truth, I didn’t buy tea, because I have so many kinds at home, but I was happy to hear about ceremony from shop’s assistant. I won’t repeat the story I have heard from her, but I see this ceremony now in different light. I was almost ready to buy one of the tea kettles, but, unfortunately their price is too high (from $70 and into hundreds), so I withdrew my wish with regret.

Shopping is great here.

by barbaraq

I grew up here and my fondest memories are of growing up in downtown Toronto, around Queen and Ossington. It still feels like home when I check back there every now and then. The area hasn't changed much - maybe smaller than I remember but otherwise, it looks much the same. Even the school hasn't changed. In a city where nothing remains the same for more than 24 hours, it's unique.

think with commonsense

by restaurantowner

Think. Don't listen to ignorant people about tipping. 10% is an insult at a sit down restaurant. Remember, 15% is an average standard tip all over the world, and included in EVERY bill in most countries in Europe. A waiter makes below minimum wage, serves you food, drinks, takes your sometimes rude attitude, cleans up after you...basically is your ***. If you don't like tipping, take food to go or get delivery. I find hard to believe people tip delivery guys and taxi's10% and waiters who pick up after them the same amount, when waiters don't make $12/hour like taxi cab drivers or $7-8 like delivery guys. In Toronto, people can be so cheap and if the waiter isn't absolutely perfect, don't tip well. Some go as far as complaining in an indirect way when the manager asks them how their night was, and could cost a waiter his job for nothing. The same ignorant people tip above 15% when their at a barstool because the bartender opened four beers for them-wow, what hard work! Meanwhile these people ask a waiter to debone their fish- why don't you ask him to feed it to you? For food service, bottom line is to respect the waiter and tip at least 15%, especially if they have been courteous. Don't forget, in Toronto waiters pay out a percentage of their SALES to the "house" (the greedy owner), the busboy(deservedly), and the doorperson and the bartender-adding up to between 3.5-5% of their SALES- so when a waiter sells a $100 bottle of wine, 4 or $5 is taken out of his pocket, so he hopes to get a tip. In a night when a waiter sells $1000 (very common), that's like $50 out of his pocket when instead he should make commission. So, if he made 10%, it's $100 dollars in tips (of $1000 in sales hypothatically) but minus $50 for payouts-get real! THINK.

Comments