3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Fantastic Stay

Originally booked a whirlpool room but the tub had technical issues, so I was upgraded to a King Corner Suite with free Internet. The room was very spacious and comfortable, but it did not seem to be thoroughly cleaned (stains and hairs in the bathroom, ripped up garbage in the nightstand).

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed a two-nights stay at this hotel. The lobby was very lovely, breakfast brunch was amazing and the bed was very comfortable. I did not use the outdoor pool, gym or sauna. I would recommend this hotel for a stay just outside of downtown Toronto.

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Hilton Toronto Airport

We stayed at the Hilton Toronto Airport enroute to Fort McMurray. It was a beautiful evening around 6 p.m. or so by the time we got to the hotel in the shuttle. The hotel was extremely close by.

When you get there the concierge was helpful with the bags and the front lobby is very pleasant. Upstairs in the rooms it is very comfortable as well. You did have to pay for the high speed internet.

I slept great there being extremely tired. You will hear some airplanes because you are so very close but it didn't bother me at all.

The next morning we rushed to catch the shuttle and the guy was already ready to leave so he refused us and went on. I thought this was a bit poor and didn't like his attitude at all which was probably just odd because the night before the guy was nice enough.

Unique Quality: Ok there is close to the airport and then there is extremely close to the airport!

There is a free shuttle, just go to the ground level of the termainal and go to section S5. They come by every 15 minutes.

I really enjoyed the room service and the thin crust meat lovers pizza.

More about Hilton Toronto Airport

nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Juno1

Nice accommodations close to the airport. There was an airport shuttle to and from Toronto airport.

We stayed in a junior suite. It had two separate rooms. King size bed in the bedroom with a t.v. Other room had a pull-out sofa, chair, desk, tv. Bathroom was clean. Our teenager slept on the sofabed and said he had a good night's sleep.

We had to call twice to get an additional blanket for the sofabed, but it arrived within the hour. Also, the king bed only had a down duvet and sheet, which was much too hot. There were no other blankets provided.

We only stayed one night to catch a connecting flight, but enjoyed our stay and would use this hotel again.

Very unimpressed

by TripAdvisor Member Mistaya71

Had prebooked this hotel for one night after a long-haul flight.

It was not easy to figure out where exactly the courtesy bus stop was at the airport, and nobody seemed to know either. Not even the airport security staff, but perhaps that was because they did not understand nor speak English.

At check-in staff did not seem to be bothered at all, it took way too long, and they were rude: with every question we asked him the guy who checked us in pretended he could not understand what I was asking -> we suggest the hotel only hires staff that actually speak and understand English in future.

The room had a musty smell and appeared dated. The bathroom even more so, and it was too small. The ventilation system was noisy and the room cold.

In the morning (5am) the concierge phoned for 1 taxi to take several parties: arguement guaranteed and the concierge nowhere to be seen.

Is there any positive note to be made about our stay at this hotel? NO! This was our first introduction to central Canada and its people (we normally travel in BC, AB and YT) and it did not start off very well. The hotel is overpriced, and does not live up to its expectations.

Would we ever stay at this hotel again: NO! Next time we'll make our way well out of the Toronto area before we put our heads down!

Decent and Convenient to airport

by TripAdvisor Member jenine

Stayed here for a night in toronto on our way to Punta Cana. Chose this hotel because of the free shuttle service, since we planned to take the airport rocket bus to the subway station.

The hotel was not what I expected of a Hilton, however the night was pleasant, the room was clean, and staff was helpful.

The free and frequent shuttle service (every 15 minutes and the trip only took 5 minutes) made the hotel a definate would-do-again. We took the shuttle airport to hotel, hotel to airport, airport to hotel, and then hotel to airport again the next morning. We neevr had to wait very long for it, and found the stop at the airport very easy to find (ground floor terminal one, column P, although there are also stops at other terminals somewhere.

The room itself was a bit dated, very plain, more something I would have expected from a Days Inn or such, but nothing bad about it. None of the marble and expensive cd players and bedding that we expected coming from other Hiltons. the bed is NOT the "hilton beds" that we have come to love, but was comfortable enough that we were able to sleep.

One thing to note- the coffee that they provide- is apparently one of the mini bar purchases, and I believe costs $3.50.

There is internet in the lobby that I asked one of the bellhops if I could use, and he signed on for me, howeve the next morning I asked the front desk, and they told us that there was a charge.

There is a restaurant and lounge there, but we didn't try either.

we would definately stay here again for a stay in toronto, but I would not recommend it for someone who may be here longer, or will be spending a lot of time in the room. We spent the whole day and most of the night downtown in toronto, so it was perfect for us.

Decent airport stop

by TripAdvisor Member Cheshireresident

We stayed one night after a transatlantic flight.
At the airport it wasn't obvious where to go for the shuttle, we found the hotel board & phoned & they directed us. The bus came quickly - pleasant driver who helped with bags.
Checkin was reasonable & gave directions within hotel.
Room was spacious & clean with good bathroom. We noticed little airport or traffic noise.
Next morning had breakfast in the lobby ($5 for coffee, fruit cup & a muffin) which we felt was reasonable.
Returned to airport by shuttle to collect hire car - shuttle driver dropped us at nearest door & gave us directions within terminal to the desk.
We would suggest this was a reasonable hotel for this type of stay.

Not my favorite Toronto Airport Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member VegasCanuck

Although I'm a fan of Hilton (Hhonors Diamond member), I did not care for this hotel. There are two towers, a suite tower and another tower. I was in the Suite tower with access to the executive lounge on the 9th floor.

The room was a junior suite and it was decorated in dusty rose and forest green...very dated and dreary. The condition of the room was old. This is a 1960's? style hotel and it shows. See photos.

I would much rather stay at the Sheraton Airport Hotel. It is modern and connected to the terminals...so convenient and nice.

Do me a favor...don't stay here

by TripAdvisor Member Travelagent123

If you like rude people, overpriced hotels, and horrible service this is the place for you. Otherwise....please take my advice and stay somewhere else. If I can convince at least one person of this...my job as a good samaritan has been done.

not usual hilton standard..

by TripAdvisor Member KBLA

Well have read other reviews it was with mixed emotion i booked the room.. - I must say like the other reviewrs, this is not good enough Hilton... - these rooms are worn out and I even was on the executive floor...

Rooms are big, but the can't be kept clean and one doesn't really do otherthing else than sleep there.. - so the lounge and the variety of fruit, drinks etc. was excellent and peope workign there was nice as well...

So if you are there for a stopover and just want to sleep and get your hilton points take this, however for a longer period don't...

It seems soem refurishment has started with everything niceliy painted and the reception, restaurant and lunge area was nice as well, but then the money has run out it seems...

Bush League Staff and Filthy

by TripAdvisor Member matante

I totally agree that this hotel doesn't hold up to the usual Hilton standards. The staff is crumpy and un-welcoming and not very accomodating. Furthermore, my room was dingy and there were dozens of dirt spots on the carpet. Washroom was small...toliet didn't flush.

I won't ever stay here again.

Things have changed....for the worse!!

by TripAdvisor Member pdalanga

Not at all impressed this time around. I used to stay here often from 1999 to 2003 during my business travels. The service at that time was outstanding and I was hoping to see some of the old faces I remembered from the Front Desk (Tricia, John) and Executive Lounge (Kyla, Angela). Apparently they have all moved on (maybe with good reason!!). Since my regular visits back then, the lobby area has been upgraded, but the rooms are now looking very dated (and they are charging a heck of a lot more). I was told that the hotel had an ownership change recently and they are not sure what will become of this hotel. The staff were indifferent and no longer seem happy. What happened!! At $279 a night and $15.00 extra for parking, surely the service levels should be better. My advise for Hilton Honors members staying in the area......consider the Doubletree or Hampton Inn hotel. I am not sure I would use this hotel again... a real shame considering it was once the best spot on the Airport Strip!!

Comments