Holiday Inn Express Downtown

Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown
Orbitz.com Booking.com IHG

Rated 10% higher but also costs 57% more than other 2.5 star hotels

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn at Carlton st.

The room is nice but so small for a room with a King size bed. It's like they tried to fit in all the closet, furniture inside. Bathroom is so small too. But that's okay with me coz they have a comfortable bed , quiet and clean. The location is good few meters walk to Cora's, Maple leaf gardens, Yonge st, College st and Church st. It has basic amenities but I everything is charge even for just requesting for a glass of wine. I was charge 30 bucks for checking in early which I need to coz my flight is morning and I was so tired. Do they charge less if you checked in late?

Directions: from the College st- Yonge Subway station just walk towards church. It can be spotted easily.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Convenient location and decent breakfast

While the hotel is a few blocks east of Yonge Street, it is in a convenient location for either a tourist or business traveler. A big plus is the close proximity to the Queen Street tram that takes you into the main entertainment district west of Yonge Street (you can also walk but it is much faster to take the tram).

If you want luxury, you should look elsewhere. This is a basic hotel with everything that you need -- plus a few extras. One big plus is the breakfast buffet included in the price. While not a great breakfast selection by European standards, it is much better than your basic North American hotel. Another nice touch is the free coffee in the lobby which the staff changes regularly (it always tasted fresh when I had it).

Unique Quality: Breakfast buffet included. Also, free coffee in the lobby.

Directions: Downtown Toronto, a few blocks east of Yonge Street

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

EXCELLENT DOWNTOWN LOCATION

Renovated in 2005, the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS TORONTO DOWNTOWN has 106 rooms in the heart of downtown Toronto, within walking distance of theatre, shopping districts and major attractions. St. James Park right across the street. Limited underground parking available ( $15.00 for every 24 hour period ). Free deluxe continental breakfast buffet, which included coffee, tea, juices, hot & cold cereal, muffins, bagels, yogourt, boiled eggs, apples, bananas - unbelievable!
    Our room had a queen size bed, cable TV. desk with coffee-maker & supplies, full bath and a good view of Toronto Harbour. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• jozwitch's Profile Photo

Decent room, great location

We booked this room for $84/night for four nights. Parking is an extra $15/day if you can get a spot. Space is limited, but we got a spot even though we didn't get in until 10pm. The front desk staff was very friendly and very knowledgable about the area.

Our room was a standard king bed with a couch, desk, and a chair. Cable TV and a coffee pot is included. I liked the room well enough, but the bed was too hard for my taste. Also, the shower's water pressure was like standing under a fire hose! Quick showers were a must under that kind of pressure. But the room was clean and relatively quiet.

Continental breakfast is downstairs every morning. This consists of coffee, juice, cereal, bagels, waffles, toast, and danishes. It is crowded though! I always grabbed what I wanted and went back to my room with it.

There is a computer terminal in the lobby that is available for guests to access the internet. It costs $2 for 10 minutes.

There is also a little convenience store in the lobby that is open until around 11pm.

Unique Quality: The location is excellent! We were able to walk to almost everywhere we wanted to go. Casa Loma was the only place that we needed to take the TTC to. It was very nice to be able to park the car and forget about it for four days.

Our view was gorgeous. We could see the park right across the street and then the lake beyond it. The hotel is only about 3 blocks from the lake.

Directions: Gardiner Expressway to Jarvis, turn left. The hotel is about 2 blocks from there.

More about Holiday Inn Express Downtown

Would an elevator be too much to ask for??

by RobDavis about Holiday Inn Express - Toronto East

A relatively new hotel located in Scarborough, just outside of Toronto. We stayed here because it was close to the zoo, and because I had to drive and I hate driving in downtown Toronto.

The hotel is nice, with a very nice wood-trim interior. The rooms are modern and well appointed, even though the air conditioner sounds like a badly-tuned jet engine. There is a very nice complimentary continental breakfast provided each morning, and the hotel is right beside an East Side Mario's restaurant.

One thing that really surprised me is that there is no elevator open to the public. That's not such a bad thing, considering it's only two stories high, but when you're lugging all the luggage you need for a family of four, it gets a little painful.

Prices were ridiculously high, considering that Toronto has been trying to attract visitors due to the SARS scare.

any comfortable but affordable hotel in Toronto?

by mtwllz

I've been travelling with my two kids since June of this year. We're now end up here in North America. We're searching for an affordable place to stay in Toronto where we're schedule to go next. Please anyone? We will be there for a week then to Europe.

thank you...

Re: any comfortable but affordable hotel in Toronto?

by LoriPori

We have stayed a few times at the Holiday Inn Express Toronto which is an excellent downtown location within walking distance of the theater, shopping districts, major attractions and the Harbour area where you catch the ferry to Toronto Island. They offer a wonderful and free deluxe continental breakfast. Parking was extra, but that is the norm for downtown Toronto. They are located at 111 Lombard Street. Phone 1-416-267-5555.

Comments