InterContinental Toronto

Booking.com IHG Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

Meeting - Lunch time spa - Meeting

This hotel is connected to the Metro Tronto Convention Centre, and right next to CN tower & Rogers Centre.

There are lots of shops and restaurants near the hotel.

Room was very comfortable, hotel staffs were very helpful, and the great view from the room.

Unique Quality: Free in-room internet connection!!!

Directions: Next to train station, CN tower, and Rogers centre.

• travelteacher's Profile Photo

Great Staff

I arrived in the middle of the night, and they were not only friendly, but went out of their way to ensure that I had everything I needed, and that I was able to sleep in undisturbed in the morning. The hotel is in a good location. 1 block from the subway, and about 4 blocks from the underground walkway.

Unique Quality: The employees at this hotel were outstanding! I also had a great view of downtown Toronto, facing the lake.

Directions: Yorkville: East of the St. George Subway.

• msison's Profile Photo

Simple and clean

The accomodation is right across the U of T music conservatory. It is also right by the famour Bloor Street shopping area known for boutique shops. It is also right by the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) and the St. George subway station.

The rooms are clean and the staff is great!

More about InterContinental Toronto

Prime Location in Yorkville

by TripAdvisor Member reclermo

The Hotel Intercontinental Toronto is outstanding in every way. It is located in the heart of Yorkville and offers travelers a great launching pad for the best shopping, restaurants and cultural centres Toronto has to offer.

The service is outstanding and after check in, a staff member gave us a tour of the room's many features and offered to assist us with reservations and bookings in the city.

The room is phenomenal and a delight to spend time in. My room had a seperate shower and tub and was very spacious and finely appointed.

The area also has a Four Seasons (which is also great) but I recommend staying at the Intercontinental because you will get an equally impressive stay for much less money.

BEWARE if travelling with children

by TripAdvisor Member Sinead5

Hotel was fine, but, and this is a BIG BUT...the hotel pool (which is not "owned" byi the hotel) discriminates against children. i.e. Children are ONLY allowed at the pool from 3-5p.m., and from 7 a.m.-9 a.m. on weekends...so much for our sleeping in in comfy surroundings. Needless to say, our children were extraordinarily disappointed, and we had to change our plans for the evening given that they were (rather rudely, I might add) told they were not allowed at the pool, when we arrived just after 5pm.
I was NOT told about this when I made my reservation. And, of course, I didn't think to ask whether they had discriminatory policies regarding children, or whether in fact they actually "owned" the pool on their property. On principle, particularly as the staff I informed basically told me that it was my problem, I will never stay at the IC again, nor would I recommend it to anyone travelling with children under the age of 18.

Great service at the IC in Toronto

There are two IC's in Toronto and this is the smaller of the two. It has a rather "boutique" type feel to it and after four nights there recently I can recommend the hotel.

The location
===============

The hotel is situated a couple of blocks away from all the trendy shops on Bloor. It is also steps from Yorkville which has lots of nice restaurants. If you need to catch the subway there are a couple of stops all within easy walking distance.

If culture is your thing, you are right next door to the ROM.

Check-in
=============

This is where you really notice the difference between hotels. When the all the reservation work is done (after all most of them have your details if you book online) and they get you to get the rate and hand you your keys.

As a Priority Club member I got a room upgrade and it was nice to be told that at check in.

The room
=============

A fantastic, one bedroom, two bath, suite overlooking the ROM. Spotlessly clean and nicely laid out.

The bed & facilities
========================

The bed was oh so comfortable. Lovely linens....I could have spent all day in there. Having flown in from London I had a great nights sleep. Even although the room faced on to Bloor there was no road noise at all.

Bathroom was lovely and big and supplied with nice toileteries and plenty of fresh, fluffy towels. There was a separate shower, which is always my preference.

I have stayed in several rooms in this hotel and they are all up to the same high standard.

The breakfast
=================

My rate included breakfast and normally it isn't something I bother about. However, ate in the hotel. It is the one thing that isn't up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

The staff seating you very excellent but those serving. Well, lets say, perhaps their colleagues were just so good that they couldn't live up to the same high stanards. It was slow on each morning....

Food was ok but nothing to rave about. On one morning it didn't seem worth the effort to go down and so we skipped it.

I've no problem with paying reasonable prices for things. However, when they charge a decent price for such things as a pot of tea and then keep charging the same rate for a second, seems to be a bit of price gouging.

Check out
================

The hotel asked us if we wouldn't mind moving as they had managed to double book our room. There was a Santa Claus parade on and, apparently, they were having some kids in and that was their "regular" room. Not wanting to let the kids miss out, we agreed to move.

If you ever get the chance to stay in the Presidential Suite at the IC on Bloor, take it! I thought our previous room was lovely, this was just fantastic. There were so many rooms you could get lost.

As a result there were a couple of hiccups with the bill (two rooms and all that). However, again, the thing that distinguishes IC hotels and this one in particular is that it is no problem to sort out. There is no argument, no looking at you like you are trying to pull a fast one. Granted you pay a bit more for a hotel like this, but, I really feel it is worth it.

Fitness room/pool
========================

The pool is lovely. Not huge, but with a lovely terrace which must be great in the summer.

The fitness room is again small, but got all the main things you would need for a relatively decent work out.

Didn't use the business centre. The call rates on the hotel phone wasn't bad (unlike the rip off rates at the Sheraton in San Diego - prepare for a second mortgage to pay for them).

There isn't a Club room at this hotel, unlike the other IC in Toronto. Its club room is very nice.

Summary
=============

If you are going to Toronto for business or pleasure this is a great hotel. Excellent staff that go out of their way to make for a pleasant stay.

Extremely comfortable beds make for an excellent hotel.

Looks dated, but very nice

by TripAdvisor Member TravSmart

After seeing the outside of the hotel and very dated hallways, I assumed my room with be small and worn. I was very surprised at how nice the room was - large suite with two queens, serious working desk, couch, chair and coffee table. Marble bathroom is large with separate shower and soaking tub. Linens were of good quality and overall room condition was excellent.

I prefer the Park Hyatt, but this is a close second in Toronto

One of best ever, overall

by TripAdvisor Member careyeroslib

My husband and I stayed at the Intercontinental, Bloor Street, to attend a couple of functions in the area on June 14th and June 15th, 2006. We knew the location was great and that it would be a nice hotel, but it surpassed our expections. Despite the fact we normally stay at cheaper places, we thought this was fabulous value--even at the price--and we'll definitely stay there again.

1) Rooms. Btw, they are gradually renovating the rooms, but they're fine as is. Very spacious and comfortable. Our bed was as comfortable as any at home. Good furniture arrangement (desk area plus a seating area). Good cupboard space with nice long hanging space. Large bathrooms with ample counter space and separate tubs and shower space so that if a couple wanted to bathe and shower simultaneously, they could. In summary, good attention to detail to maximize guest comfort level.

2) Service. Very attentive. Towels are replaced at least twice/day and they knock on your door to see if you need anything, so, if you're napping, don't forget to post the "Do not disturb" sign. Also very helpful. We were impressed when we first arrived that the doorman recommended self-parking rather than valet parking because we wouldn't be needing our car and it was cheaper. It impressed us that they tried to save us money. Also, when the Internet wasn't working that day they gave us free access to the Business Centre.

3) Breakfast. The included breakfast was fabulous! You had 3 choices: American, Continental and Fitness. All gave you amazing choices and included a range of things like fresh fruit and Canadian bacon, croissants, etc. Best value included breakfast I've ever had. Couldn't have wanted anything different.

4) Health Club and Pool. Lovely! A narrow, but long, lap pool on the roof (indoor) enclosed in a kind of greenhouse structure. One night I went swimming and looked up and saw the stars. The fitness equipment looked state-of-the-art. The two times I went it was never busy at all so I almost felt it was my own private facility. It's just for guests, unlike some other top-notch hotels which sell outside memberships.

5) Parking. Very handy and secure. We opted for self-parking. It's under the hotel, the 4th floor of the Municipal lot, right near the elevator to the lobby (reserved for Intercontinental Hotel Guests).

6) Location. For anyone that doesn't know too much about Toront,this is a fabulous area. It's only a few doors to the subway that goes downtown, but it's walking distance to the University, much beautiful green space and top notch shopping areas and museums. Unless you absolutely have to be walking distance to somewhere downtown, this is so much more pleasant to "come home" to. Very close to downtown, but so much nicer.

Toronto on business

by TripAdvisor Member Merkey

Spent 3 nights at this hotel while in Toronto for business. Had been here before during a conference for breakfast and it seemed to have great service. I was right but there was nothing personal about it during my stay - just the same anonymous stuff.

Room was spacious and nicely decorated but as with hotels of this level, you could have been anywhere in the world in an Intercontinental. But that said, it had all the amenities I needed while in town for work. Despite the fact that everything was expensed, I still thought that the prices for in-room amenities were steep ($7 for a bottle of Evian, $9 for oatmeal).

Skip breakfast at this hotel and go to the diner just a few doors down - greater choice for better value.

Happily stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member JimJam_LippyCow

We booked this hotel on Priceline and got it for $85 (US) for the night - pretty good considering booking direct prices started at $199(CND). We had a large room with a kingsize bed & an enormous bathroom. A few hundred metres away is the Museum Subway station so it is easy enough to get around on public transport if you dont feel like walking. If you are fit and able, it is enjoyable to stroll along to Eaton Centre or take the underground pathway system. With plenty of cool shops along the way, and a coffee shop on almost every corner this spot was ideal. Free internet access would have been a nice touch. A cab between the hotel and Union Station was about $8 (cnd).

Comments