Toronto Hotels

Our Members Say

• kemisteryoso profile photo kemisteryoso
  • Reviews: 428

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Days Hotel and Conference Centre Toronto East: Crappy amenities... clean room

I stayed here coz I cant choose ,my company booked me here because of its proximity to the seminar venue. That's it. I have a King size comfy bed. The room is clean and I got all the things I need , flatiron, blower, tv and free high speed internet. And they clean the room everyday. The things that disappoint me is that they have filthy hallway carpets, I heard noises from the adjacent room, no hotel service, elevator malfunction, unfriendly staff crappy breakfast. I stayed 3 days and their breakfast was the same each day and I think they are there for three days already. I didnt eat my third breakfast.
It is about 30 to 40 minutes train ride to downtown. You can stay on this hotel if you have an agenda around but to tour the city it's not a good place.

Nothing

• Written April 20, 2012

• mickeyboy07 profile photo mickeyboy07
  • Reviews: 612

International Youth Hostel: Basic and comfortable

Situated in the heart of the city on Church st,this youth hostel has to be one of the best in Canada.Its very large with rooms and beds for up to several hundred people at a time.Good,clean communial bathrooms and washrooms,laundry room,canteen and great reception and information centre.Warm,friendly staff and nice beds for a change.Maximum stay in peak season is 3 days and the price was just 5 dollars with a membership pass(please note prices will have changed since 1993).With its central location it is easy to make your way to both the main bus and train stations and the downtown district.

clean,friendly,good info.

• Related to: Work Abroad, Study Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written December 25, 2011
Tip Photo

• sheryltips profile photo sheryltips

Making Waves Boatel: Toronto's ONLY Boat Bed and Breakfast

This downtown Toronto bed and breakfast definitely meets the "off the beaten track" requirements, as it's moored in Toronto's Harbourfront Centre! Toronto's ONLY Boatel (that's a b&b on a boat) is as downtown as you can find in Canada's largest city and an absolutely peaceful, fun and renewing experience. The Inn is small, with three rooms available for guests, but if you've ever fantasized about living on a boat this is the place to stay.

-amazing postcard view of the Toronto Islands, CN Tower, Rogers Centre
-Ted and Diane Greene, the Boatel owners and hosts are two charming Canadians who actually take the time to get to know their guests; in the winter they sail south to the Bahamas to run the business there!
-Diane's cooking is outstanding. What a breakfast! The coffee was really, really good too.
-there's something about being gently rocked to sleep in the cute cabins
-Skydeck!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Sailing and Boating, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel
  • Written July 28, 2011

The Boatel is moored in Toronto

• spidermiss profile photo spidermiss
  • Reviews: 1372

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

HI Toronto Youth Hostel: A Budget Hostel Downtown

I spent three nights in this hostel in November 2006. I had an enjoyable stay although I didn't like sleeping in the upper bunk bed!

The hostel has 154 beds, a self-service kitchen, a TV lounge, laundry room, free lockers and internet (at a charge).

I enjoyed having breakfast (not included) at the "Cavern Cafe" on two mornings of my stay and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

The hostel is situated downtown.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written April 13, 2011

• Suzanne123 profile photo Suzanne123
  • Reviews: 161

Canadiana Backpackers: Where many European youth stay

Lots of people but there are many small rooms so you don't feel completely squashed. A very young crowd. There is air conditioning in the summer a big bonus. They take much effort to bring Canadian eperiences so you can join in and try visiting Niagara falls or even dog sledding in winter.

• Written November 9, 2009

• ArenJo profile photo ArenJo
  • Reviews: 342

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton Garden Inn Downtown (formerly the Comfort S: Great hotel at a great price!

I bought rooms while it was still the comfort suites, so the price has probably gone up now. However, I thought the rooms were great. If you're uncomfortable being in the "bad part of town" though, this wouldn't be the place to stay. The hotel itself is very, very nice inside and out, but I know there are some people that wouldn't feel comfortable in that area at night. I walked around that area in the dark at night and had no problems, however.

There were a few places to eat nearby, including a restaurant attached to the hotel. And the subway/train was within walking distance. And if you really like walking, you could get to downtown attractions without taking the subway/train. There is also a supermarket within a mile that was reasonably priced and the rooms have a fridge and microwave so that saves some money.

The people at the front desk weren't all helpful and the pool/hot tub had so much chlorine you couldn't stand to be in that room, much less in the water.

I would recommend this hotel to someone else as long as their price doesn't skyrocket. I wouldn't pay more than $100 a night considering the area of town and the fact that you can't use the pool or hot tub.

The continental breakfast was great. Also, the business center was free and in very good condition. And there were 3 computers with printers, so every time I went in to use one I was able to get right on and stay on until I was finished.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written September 5, 2009

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3200

CROWNE PLAZA: AIRPORT - SHUTTLE & PARKING INCLUDED

Sunday June 7, 2009
Our wonderful agent at Sears, Kelly, booked a great package deal for us. The CROWNE PLAZA - Toronto Airport offered free parking for two weeks, shuttles to and from the airport plus our hotel room for $109.00 plus tax.
When we arrived in Toronto at the beginning of our trip to Cascais, Portugal, we registered at the desk. We parked our car and then got the shuttle for the airport.
On our return, we called the Hotel for the shuttle to pick us up. We called at 12:30 and waited and waited. After over 30 minutes of waiting, Hans went back into the terminal and called them again. There was some miscommunication and another shuttle came to get us. Finally at 1:30 we got to the Hotel. The desk clerk was very apologetic and offered us a suite for compensation. Plus we got a complimentary continental breakfast included.
Our room - Suite - was sweet! A huge sitting room and a huge bedroom and a huge bathroom.
Breakfast in the morning consisted of coffee, tea, juice, croissants, bread, jams and a lovely selection of fruits and yogurt.

Update: February 24, 2010
Again went with Crowne Plaza for our trip to Spain. The price was a lot higher this time - $189.00 plus taxes. I did phone around and this was the best deal for three weeks parking. The price included one night's stay - again we were upgraded to a suite - three weeks parking, shuttles to and from the airport, plus full hot breakfast for two. Can't complain though, as it would be that much and more just to park the car at the airport for three weeks.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 10, 2009

Crowne Plaza

• AusPinay profile photo AusPinay
  • Reviews: 583

Hampton Inn North Of The Falls: HEARTY BREKKY NORTH of the FALLS

Our stay here was quite pleasant and comfy. Brekky was really very good and hearty. We enjoyed our meal very much as we thought it would be just ordinary continental brekky. In the USA, it was common to be served continental brekky of fruit loops, doughnuts and other sweet baked goods so it was a nice surprise for us.

It also has a popular indoor pool, gym, fitness room and sauna which we didn't have time to use.

It was quite full when we were there, mostly families with young kids too. So it must be a really good hotel.

The service is good, staff are very friendly and the brekky was good value. We had to take a couple of muffins for my boys who were still asleep and brekky was almost over. We made sure to tell one of the staff so as not to be embarrassed about taking some food with us on the way out.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written June 19, 2008

in front of the inn

• graememooney profile photo graememooney
  • Reviews: 66
GLEN ROUGE CAMPGROUND - Toronto's ONLY campground: Camping in Toronto ????

I bet you didn't think you could camp in the big city! Well here it is - in the east end, accessible to the transit system, Toronto's only campground. Yes, there are others in the suburbs, but within the boundaries of the city, this is it!

from the site:
"The Glen Rouge Campground is nestled in 12,000 acres of forests and meadows in Rouge Park, Canada’s largest urban park. Just steps from your tent or trailer you will find kilometres of trails teeming with plant and animal life. Watch for fox, rabbit, deer, wild turkey and many
species of birds among the pines, hemlocks and maples.

Hook up your trailer or large RV at one of 87 fully serviced, large, treed sites. Many sites are pull-through with 15 and 30 amp service and
some are riverside. Set up a tent in one of 27 unserviced sites or unpack a knapsack and enjoy one of 11 sites specially designed for backpackers or touring cyclists. Glen Rouge campground has the perfect accommodation for you. "

The site listed below spells EVERYTHING out for you, so no need for me to go into too much detail.

• Related to: Camping, Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written April 28, 2007
Tip Photo

• jamiesno profile photo jamiesno
  • Reviews: 1732

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western Toronto Airport W: Best Western Toronto Airport W

I stayed at this hotel on the way back from New York City. I got to the hotel around 10:00 p.m. or so. I decided against going downtown which was unusual and just went straight to bed.

The bed was fine and I did sleep well at the hotel. We left so early in the morning that they did prepare a box breakfast for us.

You'll find a few hotels on Dixie Road and it is very close to the airport and there is a free shuttle service. I was in a rush and it took $27 in a taxi.

• Written April 21, 2007

Best Western Room

• losttheplot profile photo losttheplot

Allenby: very comfortable

we stayed at Allenby for a week a few summers ago. it's very clean, very cosy + the location is quite central (2-3 min walk to the subway/bus-stops, and about 10 mins away from city center).
there's a kitchen + deck for guests. breakfast is included (but you have to make your own - just get whatever u want from the well-stocked fridge).
prices drop lower after the summer.

central

• Written August 2, 2006

• TravelTourGuide profile photo TravelTourGuide

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residential Condo: Icon I & II

This is a Residential building and not suited for short stays at all. It's located close to downtown amentities such as the Skydome and C.N tower but a much better deal is the SOHO or Hotel Germaine next door which cater to upscale hotel guests.

Stay at the Icon and you're in for a disappointing exerperiece. You work hard for your money spend it wisely.

Cyber lounge with computers that don't work. Small lap pool and saunas which are closed for maintenance.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written June 29, 2006

Icon I & II

• clmbsb profile photo clmbsb
  • Reviews: 68

Apartment / B&B: City Guesthouse

Situated 2 minutes from Shelbourne subway and in a quiet area the City Guesthouse was all we needed during our 1 week stay in Toronto. We had rented the Apartment Suite and it is massive. You have 2 double beds, tv and built-in wardrobes in the bedroom, a sitting room, bathroom with shower, dining room and kitchen with oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and toaster.
The area is mostly students as there a 3 large tower blocks of apartments opposite. There are other rooms available that just have bedrooms as there is a commual kitchen, there is a computer there were free internet is available.

All in all it was a very good base to explore Toronto and would recommend it.

• Written October 21, 2005

• Martman profile photo Martman
  • Reviews: 284

try a campus

I have one suggestion for people travelling on a budget and really do not have money for hotels and have no one to stay with. One suggestion, is to stay at university and college campuses when they are not as busy, specifically over the summer. I have been told that they reunt out rooms then.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 30, 2005

• j-san profile photo j-san
  • Reviews: 548

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

first with Laura and then Portugal Village: Stay with friends!

Arriving dazed and severely jetlagged from Japan, it was a relief and pleasure to be met at the airport by my longtime VT friend Laura (hayward68). We finally got to meet!! In the middle of packing herself, she made space for me among the boxes on a very comfortable futon. I slept solidly for 3hours only to wake up at 1am. Ah the joys of jetlag. Laura took care of me and made the arrival so much better!! Thank you!! Thereafter I moved onto the leafy green and quiet Queen Street West area, North of Queen and South of Dundas, again staying with friends. I liked this alternative area as it was within walking distance to Kensington Market, Portugal Village, the Annex, Queen Street West of course and even downtown.

Staying with friends always makes it more real and warm. The west part of town was so quiet and green (apart from Chinatown). I wouldn't want to have been staying in the busy downtown area.

• Opinion of Price: N/A