Toronto Hotels

Our Members Say

• RobDavis profile photo RobDavis
  • Reviews: 74

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn Express - Toronto East: Would an elevator be too much to ask for??

A relatively new hotel located in Scarborough, just outside of Toronto. We stayed here because it was close to the zoo, and because I had to drive and I hate driving in downtown Toronto.

The hotel is nice, with a very nice wood-trim interior. The rooms are modern and well appointed, even though the air conditioner sounds like a badly-tuned jet engine.

There is a very nice complimentary continental breakfast provided each morning, and the hotel is right beside an East Side Mario's restaurant.

One thing that really surprised me is that there is no elevator open to the public. That's not such a bad thing, considering it's only two stories high, but when you're lugging all the luggage you need for a family of four, it gets a little painful.

Prices were ridiculously high, considering that Toronto has been trying to attract visitors due to the SARS scare.

• Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written August 5, 2003

• coolpanda87 profile photo coolpanda87
  • Reviews: 395

TO's accomodations overview: Intro to staying @ TO

Toronto has one of the most priciest hotel rooms in Canada, third perhaps to Vancouver and Montreal. Vacancy levels have fallen during the last decade, but there is hope that this industry can one day be resurrected again. Toronto has no five star hotels, but currently American billionaire Donald Trump ("The Apprentice" & "You're fired") is planning a Trump Tower in the heart of Toronto's financial district. Hopefully, it will be completed one day...

Toronto hotel rooms, like most North American hotel rooms, are large compared to Asian & European standards. Many hotels are close to the TTC subway, while suburb motels are mainly close to the highways.

MORE coming soon...

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written February 24, 2004

Toronto Park Hyatt

• spidermiss profile photo spidermiss
  • Reviews: 1281

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

HI Toronto Youth Hostel: A Budget Hostel Downtown

I spent three nights in this hostel in November 2006. I had an enjoyable stay although I didn't like sleeping in the upper bunk bed!

The hostel has 154 beds, a self-service kitchen, a TV lounge, laundry room, free lockers and internet (at a charge).

I enjoyed having breakfast (not included) at the "Cavern Cafe" on two mornings of my stay and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

The hostel is situated downtown.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written April 13, 2011

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3120

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

CROWNE PLAZA: AIRPORT - SHUTTLE & PARKING INCLUDED

Sunday June 7, 2009
Our wonderful agent at Sears, Kelly, booked a great package deal for us. The CROWNE PLAZA - Toronto Airport offered free parking for two weeks, shuttles to and from the airport plus our hotel room for $109.00 plus tax.
When we arrived in Toronto at the beginning of our trip to Cascais, Portugal, we registered at the desk. We parked our car and then got the shuttle for the airport.
On our return, we called the Hotel for the shuttle to pick us up. We called at 12:30 and waited and waited. After over 30 minutes of waiting, Hans went back into the terminal and called them again. There was some miscommunication and another shuttle came to get us. Finally at 1:30 we got to the Hotel. The desk clerk was very apologetic and offered us a suite for compensation. Plus we got a complimentary continental breakfast included.
Our room - Suite - was sweet! A huge sitting room and a huge bedroom and a huge bathroom.
Breakfast in the morning consisted of coffee, tea, juice, croissants, bread, jams and a lovely selection of fruits and yogurt.

Update: February 24, 2010
Again went with Crowne Plaza for our trip to Spain. The price was a lot higher this time - $189.00 plus taxes. I did phone around and this was the best deal for three weeks parking. The price included one night's stay - again we were upgraded to a suite - three weeks parking, shuttles to and from the airport, plus full hot breakfast for two. Can't complain though, as it would be that much and more just to park the car at the airport for three weeks.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written June 10, 2009

Crowne Plaza

• Martman profile photo Martman
  • Reviews: 282

try a campus

I have one suggestion for people travelling on a budget and really do not have money for hotels and have no one to stay with. One suggestion, is to stay at university and college campuses when they are not as busy, specifically over the summer. I have been told that they reunt out rooms then.

• Written September 30, 2005

• mickeyboy07 profile photo mickeyboy07
  • Reviews: 611

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

International Youth Hostel: Basic and comfortable

Situated in the heart of the city on Church st,this youth hostel has to be one of the best in Canada.Its very large with rooms and beds for up to several hundred people at a time.Good,clean communial bathrooms and washrooms,laundry room,canteen and great reception and information centre.Warm,friendly staff and nice beds for a change.Maximum stay in peak season is 3 days and the price was just 5 dollars with a membership pass(please note prices will have changed since 1993).With its central location it is easy to make your way to both the main bus and train stations and the downtown district.

clean,friendly,good info.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Work Abroad, Study Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written December 25, 2011

• CdnJane profile photo CdnJane
  • Reviews: 517

Ramada Hotel Toronto-Don Valley: Good Conference Location in North Toronto

I have only attended banquet and conference functions here, so cannot attest to the quality of the rooms.
It is an excellent location for business traveler who are working in the north part of Toronto. (For spouses/families visiting you are in walking distance to Fairview Mall, which also has a multi-screen theatre, and is now the eastern terminus of the new Sheppard Subway line. You can also take the #24 bus, fare $2.25, caught just about in front of the hotel, to the Don Mills station, no transfer needed for the subway.)

As well as the conference facilities, there is a dining room and a lounge for food. They do have an indoor pool and sauna, and fitness room.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written October 14, 2004

Ramada Hotel & Conference Centre, 404 & Sheppard

• paulbrec profile photo paulbrec
  • Reviews: 68

Leaside Towers: Accommodation At A Reasonable Price

Leaside Towers is a luxury apartment complex, but they have a few furnished suites that they rent on a short-term basis. This building is well kept. It looks like one of those fancy downtown office buildings. Very clean and quiet. Apartments in this building are very expensive (by current standards), but their short-tern suites are very reasonable compared to hotel rates. Suites rent from just $50 CDN. Its a bit far from downtown, but there is frequent bus service in the area.

Buildings are 44 floors, with pool and gym. Underground parking, and 24 hour security with doorman. Spectacular view of the city and the Don Valley.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written June 10, 2003
Tip Photo

• j-san profile photo j-san
  • Reviews: 548

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

first with Laura and then Portugal Village: Stay with friends!

Arriving dazed and severely jetlagged from Japan, it was a relief and pleasure to be met at the airport by my longtime VT friend Laura (hayward68). We finally got to meet!! In the middle of packing herself, she made space for me among the boxes on a very comfortable futon. I slept solidly for 3hours only to wake up at 1am. Ah the joys of jetlag. Laura took care of me and made the arrival so much better!! Thank you!! Thereafter I moved onto the leafy green and quiet Queen Street West area, North of Queen and South of Dundas, again staying with friends. I liked this alternative area as it was within walking distance to Kensington Market, Portugal Village, the Annex, Queen Street West of course and even downtown.

Staying with friends always makes it more real and warm. The west part of town was so quiet and green (apart from Chinatown). I wouldn't want to have been staying in the busy downtown area.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 13, 2005

The beautiful Toronto houses

• clmbsb profile photo clmbsb
  • Reviews: 68

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apartment / B&B: City Guesthouse

Situated 2 minutes from Shelbourne subway and in a quiet area the City Guesthouse was all we needed during our 1 week stay in Toronto. We had rented the Apartment Suite and it is massive. You have 2 double beds, tv and built-in wardrobes in the bedroom, a sitting room, bathroom with shower, dining room and kitchen with oven, microwave, fridge/freezer and toaster.
The area is mostly students as there a 3 large tower blocks of apartments opposite. There are other rooms available that just have bedrooms as there is a commual kitchen, there is a computer there were free internet is available.

All in all it was a very good base to explore Toronto and would recommend it.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 21, 2005

• kemisteryoso profile photo kemisteryoso
  • Reviews: 428

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Days Hotel and Conference Centre Toronto East: Crappy amenities... clean room

I stayed here coz I cant choose ,my company booked me here because of its proximity to the seminar venue. That's it. I have a King size comfy bed. The room is clean and I got all the things I need , flatiron, blower, tv and free high speed internet. And they clean the room everyday. The things that disappoint me is that they have filthy hallway carpets, I heard noises from the adjacent room, no hotel service, elevator malfunction, unfriendly staff crappy breakfast. I stayed 3 days and their breakfast was the same each day and I think they are there for three days already. I didnt eat my third breakfast.
It is about 30 to 40 minutes train ride to downtown. You can stay on this hotel if you have an agenda around but to tour the city it's not a good place.

Nothing

• Written April 20, 2012

• Pegasus74 profile photo Pegasus74
  • Reviews: 201

I haven't had a chance to stay...

I haven't had a chance to stay overnight in Toronto. Unless blizzard condition in Buffalo. It doesn't take long to travel between Rochester and Toronto anywayz.

I agree with you this doesn't sound helpful. But too bad I have no idea which bed is good.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 12, 2002

• tvor profile photo tvor
  • Reviews: 769

VArious hotels: Toronto beds

There aren't a lot of small intimate hotels and Bed and Breakfasts in down town Toronto which is geared for business travel. I've stayed at the Sheraton, the Delta Chelsea, both large hotels and the Lord Strathcona, a little smaller but still a good size and the best price i found for mid summer mid week (still over $100 canadian a night). The Royal York is of course the Grande Dame of the Toronto Hotels and has a pool. It's location is right downtown across from the train station so convenient. The airport bus stops here as well as many other hotel stops around the downtown city. Check online, call the hotels, price shop and ask for special deals.

• Written March 28, 2003

• Todd64 profile photo Todd64
  • Reviews: 123

My place.;o): Rural Urbanity at its best!

A brand new sunroof was created by the heavy snowfall this year, so sleeping under the stars will be beautiful this summer. In early June I plan to get a new gas canister for my Coleman stove, so we can cook again, and for Christmas I received a brand new second-hand Thermos so you can be assured the coffee will flow like wine during your stay. At night, for a little recreation, we could go can collecting, or if you're feeling a little more 'wild', worm hunting is always an exciting excursion. I will provide the little, tiny nets and arrange all of the necessary permits (thanx Greebo) but you must supply your own rubber boots. I hope to be able to buy new batteries soon, so the flashlight will be operational again, and if it rains alot this spring, then the running water problem will be solved. I'm sorry that I've no actual washroom facilities, but I do have a few empty coffee tins strewn about, so you're always welcome to them; anything for my visiting friends. :o)

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written September 8, 2002

• GUYON profile photo GUYON
  • Reviews: 1558

Inverness B & B: B&B à la Canadienne

120 CN$ for three.
Several animals : 1 parrot (Rob Roy, 3 cats and 2 dogs)

At 10 mn from the subway (High Park)
A private bath room