Metropolitan Hotel Toronto

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Rated 12% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• So not worth it

My stay was, terrible. The room wasnt cleaned, well, the staff was unresponsive. When there, was, an emergency, the, staff, at, thr, hotel failed to respond. People were hurt and none of the employees were trained, in first aid and cpr. A first aid kit wasnt even available to help out the person that was hurt. I paid the extra money for safety, security and cleanliness and I didnt get any of that. Ill never stay at the metropolitan ever again and would suggest that everyone, especially families stay clear of this hotel.

Unique Quality: The pool, hot tub and sauna.

Directions: Walking distance to eaton centre, yonge and dundas square and ryerson university.

• Noisy, noisy.

We stayed here for one night in August of this summer. It is clean, great location near Eaton centre, and service was nice. However, it's a very noisy hotel and if you are a light sleeper...you won't be able to get any here. We stayed in a room facing the neighboring condo and the exhaust fan from the other building was very loud and went on all night. It is especially load in the mornings and can make it hard to sleep in. As well the walls are very thin and you can clearly hear the adjacent rooms as they walk around and use the bathrooms.

It's ok if you're only staying one night and if you will not be in your room a lot but for anything longer....I'm not sure. Maybe if your room is facing away from the condo next door.

BTW - I did mention this problem to the hotel manager and his response was that since it came from outside the hotel he could not do anything about it. This is fair however, I think it's also unfair to unknowing guests to be stuck in a noisy room where they are unable to get a peaceful night's sleep.

Directions: Near Eaton Centre

• Small & Pricey

The Met is an up-scale Hotel located right behind City Hall, on the outskirts of China Town. It's a nice Hotel with a beautiful lobby, great restaurant, and is close to most downtown shopping.
    The rooms, however, are quite small for the price.

Unique Quality: Proximity to shopping, the Hemisphere's Restaurant, and occassionally you can trick the TV into giving you free movies. (it's not easy)

Directions: Near corner of University Ave and Dundas Street. In the Shopping District

More about Metropolitan Hotel Toronto

Good location in the centre of TO

by TripAdvisor Member benlerennes

My fiancée and I stayed at the Metropolitan for 4 nights in March 2003. We really enjoyed it, although the rooms are (as always in Toronto) not very big. But the staff was really nice and helpfull, the room decoration was lovely and you are right in the middle of everything when you want to visit TO. I now live there and everything is steps from the hotel. We went to see a musical, to the movies, to museums... A great place to stay!

Fantastic Hotel!

The Metropolitan Hotel really is a fantastic hotel! As a travelling project manager, i really found the metropolitan hotel to be a friendly yet professional hotel with a "never say no to the customer" attitude & recommend it to any professional.

I found the suite which i occupied to be extremely spacious, well furnished & a relaxing place to spend time.

noisy but nice

The Metropolitan is a lovely hotel with lovely staff. Unfortunately I had to put their niceness to the test by requesting a room change THREE times. Each time without so much as a grimace of annoyance from reception. I really heart Canada. Anyway, I'm not particularly fussy normally but the first room was next to an ice machine that could be heard in the bedroom, the second was on a smoking level and unbreathably smokey and the third was above an air conditioning unit and was similar to (what I imagine) sleeping on an airport runway is like. My final room was perfect. Annoyingly I can't remember what the room number was, so I can't recommend it in particular but I think it's worth the risk!

Could do better.

by TripAdvisor Member Jmay

Was expecting great things from this hotel but disappointing. Not only were the rooms very small, they were very very dark. You could hear every noise from the corridor and the ice machine which was a good bit away!!! They proudly mention their Italian sheets on their web page, they are plain white, and on the last night, mine were ripped - you couldn't miss the hole!!!

Towels and sheets were changed each day though and the porter was extremely nice, also, the restaurant and room service is really expensive - try elsewhere!!!!

What a great place!

by TripAdvisor Member BlueLapis

I just spent 4 nights at the Metropolitan Hotel, and I have to say, I was not disappointed! Everyone at the hotel was very nice, professional, and extremely friendly.

I booked my room on expedia for $78/night and was given the deluxe king room. I was traveling alone and had more than enough space. I have been in much smaller (and less nicer) rooms and have paid much more. The room was very nice...clean and fully stocked. There is a mini bar in the room, which I did not use. Two bathrobes are provided and the down comforter and high thread count sheets made bedtime a real treat!

I used the gym facilities while there (more than adequate for my needs) and the hours, very convenient (6am to 11pm). The hot tub was the perfect answer to unwinding after long days wandering the city.

The location was perfect..I felt like I was in the center of everything. It was only about a 5 to 10 minute walk to Yonge and Dundas Streets....the corner near the Hard Rock Cafe and the Eaton Center. In the other direction, it was a quick 2 to 5 minute walk to the subway. I walked alone everywhere, even late at night, and was not bothered or threatened at all. (And I am not a city person, believe me!)

I had a late evening snack at Hemisphere's (in the lounge) one evening. The food was moderately priced (read: not inexpensive) but was fantastic! I had the seafood and angel hair pasta in basil broth....wonderful! My last night there, I dined at Lah Wah Heen....way over the top for my usual tastes in food, but I'm glad I tried it. Yes, it's expensive, but it's also rated one of the top five in the country...

All the staff were friendly and helpful, especially Katherine, the concierge. She went above and beyond...and not just for me, but everyone I saw her deal with. All the doormen and desk staff were professional, courteous, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, relaxing place to stay in Toronto, in a great, central location for exploring the city. I can't wait to get back!

helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member rugbybabe77

we arrived at the hotel after i'd been very ill from travelling and the staff were brilliant. they upgraded our room and gave us extra water (complimentary) and were very good in helping us find a pharmacy.

the hotel was lovely, our room wasn't the biggest we had in our trip but the bed was huge and very comfortable. not much of a view (could just see the fountains at city hall) but that wasn't a concern for us.

location wise, was brilliant for the entertainment district. we walked to bars/restaurants a number of nights and felt safe enough.

the other direction takes you to the eaton centre so perfect for shopping!

Ok, but not 4 1/2 stars

Stayed at the Metropolitan for one night (April 9th). The location is terrific as we were able to walk to the Eaton Centre (5 min) and to Union Station (20 min). Our hotel room was very small and a bit outdated. We could hear the subway from our 9th floor room as well as traffic noise. The front desk were polite but not overly helpful. I would recommend staying here as the location is very good. If you are going for breakfast, head up to Fran's on College St. It was fantastic and reasonably priced!

This one was a home run!

by TripAdvisor Member JulieLBoston

This hotel can't be beat for location, comfort, amenties and price. The beds were super comfortable. The pool, jacuzzi, exercise room, and sauna were wonderful to come back to after a day on our feet. We were within walking distance to everything, with underground access to the Path a short distance away.
The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The in-hotel restaurants while expensive, are highly rated. The Senator restaurant a few blocks away can't be beat for breakfast in a 1929 diner setting at a great price. We were in town while the Red Sox were playing at the Skydome and found lots of fans staying at the hotel, so we were in good company.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be where the action is in Toronto. Anyone who complains about the parking fee hasn't been to Boston!

Comments