Novotel North York

Expedia.com Novotel AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Kokid08's Profile Photo

Away From The Hustle & Bustle

A very nice hotel at a good price. Not extravagant but certainly comfortable and clean. Front Desk was very accommodating and even offered us a preferred floor location. Subway to Toronto is $2.75 but on Weekends it's $9.00 for a family (Including Buses & Trolleys). Parking next door was $17 & a lot cheaper than the city. We didn't try the restaurant but it is brand new.

Unique Quality: Located about 15 miles from Toronto but easily accessible by Subway. Located above a shopping Mall with access to the Train Station.

Directions: North of Toronto on Yonge Street.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

GREAT NORTH YORK LOCATION

As we wanted to be close to Jane (CdnJane), we chose the NOVOTEL TORONTO NORTH YORK. It was a great location as it was close to the TTC ( Metro) and had lots of shops that Kat and I could explore.

Unique Quality: Our room was standard size with two double beds, full bath, TV, desk, mini bar (contents extra charge) iinternet access ( extra charge).

Directions: 15 minutes from Pearson International Airport
    Metro station close by

• keida84's Profile Photo

Under renovation

I had the opportunity to stay at The Novotel North York for a VT meeting September 2005. Located in the Northern section of the Toronto area this Novotel was a great place to stay with easy access from major highways and the hotel offers on site subway access to Toronto. I stayed in one of the "Novation rooms" they are recently renovated and boast: In room coffee and tea maker (first time I have seen Red Rose tea used) Room service was adequate and the checking in and out was quite good (however they did not mention the tax rebate for non-Canadian citizens, it was pointed out to me by Lori, otherwise I would not have known. The other two things I did not care for was The Mini bar...Big Brother is watching you...if you removed an item there was a sensor that automatically charged your room. The telephone never seemed to work, despite several attempts to use it. It did however, work for wake up calls. My cell phone charges .79 cents per minute and roaming charges, so I would have liked it if the phone made outside calls (even if it worked they still tacked on a useage fee. I recommend that Novotel make local calling free.

Unique Quality: The views were great from the room. Being a solo traveler I appreciated the dead bolt locks on the doors, pay per view channel(s) Radio in room (this thing drove me crazy as there was no way to change the radio station and the alarm, despite turning the volume to off, the blasted thing managed to go off at strange times but never the at the time you would need it), Voice mail, WIFI Wireless Internet access High speed transmission line are complimentary or Web TV for a nominal cost, a Hair dryer in bathroom which was a very good dryer. The bed was large and comfortable (i needed a compass to navigate that bed! ;-) The shower is what I would like to highlight here. This shower was excellent, it had excellent force and it could be used either as a hand held or mounted shower nozzle. I took 2 showers a day because that spray was the best!

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

On the Subway, and near the 401 Highway

I actually live near here, and while I haven't stayed here, I've had friends and family stay here, as well as knowing of business people that have as well.
    The location has been what has sold many of the people I've known - they like being so close to the 401, the main freeway through Toronto, the selection of restaurants in the area, and the subway right there, with no need to go outside.

Unique Quality: From what I've seen of the rooms, they are quite nice and spacious. The southern view is now not so great as there is a complex of highrise apartments and business towers being built to the south. The North gives you a great view to see how far the city stretches.
    There is also a food court down stairs in the attached North York City Centre.

More about Novotel North York

Toronto Neighborhood Hotels

by marilaine

My husband and I will be traveling to Toronto early summer 2009. We are looking for a small neighborhood hotel as opposed to many large hotels that I see on various internet sites. We don't mind--and perhaps even prefer--staying outside of the Toronto center area, so long as there is relatively convenient access to public transportation, preferable subway. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

by July2

I'm not sure what you define as a 'neighbourhood' hotel but the The Hotel Novotel, North York, is about 20 minutes north of central Toronto on the Yonge Street subway line and is situated in an area full of restaurants, shopping, transportation, theatre, walks, and pleasant residential areas. I've not stayed at this hotel so can't comment as to quality but mention it as the area is convenient and would seem to fit your requirements.

Googling North York Hotels will offer you more options.

The Crowne Plaza Hotel, Eglinton Ave. East is approx. 20 minutes by bus (TTC) from the subway (plus 15-20 minutes on the subway) depending on time of day to get into central Toronto, as is the Westin Prince Hotel on York Mills Road which is approx. 15 minutes by bus to the subway. Both are fairly large hotels.

I hope this helps.

by cpm440vee

I was also going to suggest Novotel at North York Centre. I have no idea about price (as I only walk by to go to the library) but it's very convenient as it's located right on the subway line. In fact, you don't even have to walk outside as it connects underground straight to North York Centre subway station. The entire North York centre area is a little mall of its own. There is a grocery store (Loblaws) across the street. The immediate neighbourhood (5-10 minutes walk) has a number of restaurants, there is a movie theatre across the street and a real theatre for performing arts 2 minutes from the hotel. During the summer, they sometimes hold public events at Mel Lastman Square (literally just outside the hotel).

by peterrichards

Are you trying to avoid hotels completely? There are some some great alternatives you may want to check out, like www.iStopOver.com which looks pretty good.

Comments