Novotel Toronto Airport

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Popular Hotels
Suzze's Profile Photo

One to be missed

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 15, 2008

I stayed here for just one night with my sister. I had flown from the Uk to Toronto for a sister reunion and was met by my sister here who lives in Kingston. We booked this room for an overnight stay as we were not flying up to Moncton til the next day in the evening.
Basicly it was one disaster after another here and would not recommend this hotel, even though I thought the room rates were very reasonable.
Firstly there was the issue of the beds, we had booked a twin room with two queen beds. On walking into the room it seemed ok to us, nothing fancy but not too basic either. When we pulled the bed spread back the beds were in an awful state. They had looked like they had been slept in and just the top cover was thrown over. The pillows were all manky and squashed and the bed was not made, and the sheets were all creased up. So we went down to complain and they gave us another room. The beds were better but not really up to standard, but was allot better than the other room. The toilet got blocked up everytime we used it too.
We went down for breakfast starving hungry, and my sister was told that breakfast was included so we thought we'd take advantage of it. It was a buffett breakfast but such little choice. No fruit, yougurts or juices. Just a pot of coffee, egg toast, a toaster to use, sausages, bacon and scrambled egg and two cereals. The scrambled egg was powdered, tasted awful, so I just had a slice of toast and a cup of coffee. My sister had the egg and toast and coffee but couldn't eat it. We were then billed for this, so my sister explained that it's all in with the room to be told the restaurant is seperate from the hotel and no breakfast is included. The guy that was running the restaurant was really pleasant and polite and ended up just charging us for one breakfast, so we split the cost.
On returning from breakfast and checking out our room my sister realised that she had left a gift I'd got her in the room, and reported it to reception and they said that they would ask housekeeping later on. The girl on the desk was in the wrong job in my opnion, no customer service and didn't know how to smile either.
We also booked at the reception that morning a shuttle bus to take us back to the airport for our evening flight to Moncton.
On returning from a bit of retail therapy we went back to reception to ask about the gift my sister had left in our room, nobody could help and was told that housekeeping have the key to the lost and found and had gone home. Not what we were told in the morning. So as my sister was paying for her car to be parked at the hotel we said we'd be back in 10 days to ask again about it. In the meantime we're waiting for our shuttle bus, it did not arrive the time we booked it and three times I told reception it had not arrived to be told it was on it's way. In the end it was over half an hour late and the driver was not aware of the pick up. It was just a good job it was an internal flight as you can check in quite late.
On our return to pick my sisters car up after our flight back, nothing was handed in.
I thought the whole service at this hotel was appauling, and the girls behind the desk need some customer service training in my opnion. Terrible.

If this had been my first time to Canada, this would not have made a good impression. I have never experienced service like this before, so hopefully this is my first and last. Canadians are the most loveliest people on a whole and very friendly and helpfull.

Nearby Novotel Toronto Airport

• Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge

Toronto Travel Forum

Need advice about Toronto, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Toronto and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Toronto hotel reviews