3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Novotel Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 65% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo

Convenient and Comfortable

The Novotel has spacious rooms with a TV, free wireless internet access, a pool, a fitness center, and other perks. The hotel and rooms were always kept clean and the staff was friendly. Of the many hotels I have stayed in, the Novotel beds felt much more comfortable! It was never any problem sleeping! The beds themselves make it worth the stay!

Beyond the stay, the hotel is located right downtown near the harbor, Lawrence Market, the CN Tower, and Union Station. It's great for those who want to see the city on foot or by railway.

• GREAT LOCATION!!!

GREAT LOCATION..within walking distance to Union Station, CN Tower, Air Canada Centre, Eatons Mall, entertainment district, Hockey hall of fame, CBC building, restaurants galore and nathan phillips square. The rooms are huge, beds are comfortable, room was very clean. Lobby was gorgeous, staff were very friendly, restaurant in the hotel has a great breakfast buffet..and best of all kids under 16 eat free! Felt very safe and homey and the online price was unbeatable. The pool was on the small side, but very comfortable and clean - and just the right temperature...it didnt feel all hot and humid like alot of hotel pools. We had neighbours on both sides of our room and did not hear a thing.
    There was some construction going on across the street and some in the hotel as well, so if you plan on staying in and getting rest during the day, you might want to call and see how the construction is coming....cause the jackhammers in the afternoon pretty much ruin a nap :) But they start and stop at a time when most people are out and about anyways.
    The views from my room were of the construction site, so if you want a scenic view from your room, might not be the hotel for you.
    This was my first stay at a Novotel and every time I come to Toronto this is where I will stay...absolutely no complaints whatsoever. (except for the $18.50 parking per day, but you get that everywhere in Toronto...there are cheaper lots around the area if you don't have a lot of luggage you could use one of those) We didn't move our vehicle the entire time.

Directions: Located off Yonge Street - right down by Lakeshore Blvd.

• PavlH's Profile Photo

Nice medium grade hotel

Nice hotel on The Esplanade.
    Very convenient for all the sights and only a couple of minutes walk from Union Railway Station.
    Service was friendly and the rooms were comfortable and clean.

Unique Quality: Has a pool and sauna as well as a restaurant and bar that are acceptable.
    Convenient for St Lawrence Market, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the Air Canada Centre (Toronto Maple Leafs), the CN Tower

Directions: Just behind the Hummingbird Centre for Performing Arts.

More about Novotel Toronto Centre

good...and bad

by TripAdvisor Member WHartford

We decided to stay at the Novotel with our family given the stated "walking distance" location to everything. One can walk (to CN Tower, Skydome, Eaton Center) but be warned it is at least 20 minutes to each. The only thing really within a 5 minute walk is the Hockey Hall of Fame and the Hummingbird Arts Center.
The rooms are quite small, and at first we were given a "family room" which had one double bed and a really small pull out couch that barely looked bigger than a single bed. We asked to be switched to a 2-double bed room, which was much better.
The breakfasts are great - especially since the kids eat free. The pool and exercise room are fine too.
Our biggest problem was that a large number of high school students were staying at the hotel that weekend, and as high school kids do, they hung out in the halls and were loud all night. I made repeated calls (at 2 am, 4 am, etc.) to the front desk but no action was taken. Disappointing.
Overall, a mixed experience.

central to everything and great value

I can't believe the last reviewer's comments- we walked everywhere from this hotel .In a big city one might expect some of the sights to be a little way, but the Skydome was only a 20 min stroll, and what is 20 minutes? Most other sights were nearer or easily reached on the subway
The hotel itself was efficiently run, and our room with 2 double beds large and well furnished. It was very quiet too. The bathroom was new and super. and the breakfast buffet good value.We booked direct with the hotels website and felt it was superb value for money , comparing it with other hotels we looked at.

Extremely comfortable!

by TripAdvisor Member Suzannebrit

Just returned having spent 8 nights in Novotel. We were very pleased with the hotel. The lobby area was attractive and the room was made available early for us. We were situated on third floor and looked out over the street opposite some bars and restaurants but we heard very little noise. Room was clean and bathroom facilities excellent. The pool was a little on the warm side and there are no lockers so take your clothes/valuables with you up to pool area. Oh, don't move any of the chocolate etc off the basket in the room or take any bottles out of minibar, they are on a sensor pad and having replaced a bar of chocolate after picking it up this will record you as having eaten the said bar of chocolate even if you replace it! You will be charged! Gym was adequate. Breakfast was good value and more than enough to keep you going until evening. Albert the Concierge was a sweetie and recommended a good chinese restaurant where I took family, and sorted out directions by subway and trains. We did not hire a car and found hotel conveniently situated for trains and subway. It is close to Queens Quay which is great for ferry to the Islands. Walking distance to St Lawrence market, CN Tower, Skydome and Yonge Street for Eaton Centre etc. A great holiday. Would definitely recommend the hotel, having read reviews of Primrose and Days Inn, and then saw them, very glad we chose the Novotel.

Great Weekend! Fabulous Hotel!!

I was let down by another hotel at the last minute (see review for Bond Place) and was lucky to be able to book the Novotel at short notice. I booked online and received confirmation email straightaway. Our room was ready when we arrived, even though we were early. On the first night we were tired from travelling and ordered room service, the food was reasonably priced, arrived within 20 minutes, and was beautifully presented and delicious!
Our room was spacious, very clean and with a fabulous bathroom. The bed was really comfortable with lovely soft blankets and sheets.
All the staff we met were excellent and couldn’t do enough for us. Albert the concierge was a real character, very helpful - He recommended the fantastic Hippo city tour (an amphibious bus that takes you around the downtown sites and then drives you straight into Lake Ontario!)
The breakfast was again well priced and delicious – I can highly recommend the Eggs Benedict!
The location is excellent and we were able to walk to the CN Tower and Skydome within 15minutes. Union Station and the lake shore are both under 5 minutes. There is a gift shop in the hotel lobby and right next door is a grocery store – don’t bother with the mini bar you can get all the snacks and drinks you need here!
All in all I think this hotel has got it right, staff are friendly and approachable, rooms are clean and comfortable and the food is lovely. Coupled with a great location I can highly recommend this hotel.

Great hotel and value

Really like this hotel! If you are driving, this is perfect because of the location. Easy on and off the highways and streets. If you are walking, a bit more of a hike, but we walked to CN Tower, Dome, Waterfront and shopping. The staff were very helpful and accommodating and the restaurant has a topnotch morning buffet which is free for teenagers who never seem to get filled up. He did!
If you are going to the theatre, this one's right across the street. Somewhat self-serve, but easy to get around, bathrooms wonderful, great value. I'd definately come here again.

No complaints

by TripAdvisor Member MrAbruzzo

My girlfriend and I recently spent 3 nights here and had a very good time. We drove up by car and self-parked in the attached garage. At 16 CAD a day, it seemed like a reasonable price to pay for downtown Toronto. Check-in went smoothly. The rooms were clean and well apportioned. The bathroom seemed fairly new. The staff were professional, if not overtly friendly. Most of the sights, while not around the corner, was within walking distance. Union Station is a five minute walk if you want to take the train or there are cabs in front of the hotel. I do not recommend driving around downtown Toronto. Also, try the always busy Old Spaghetti Factory across the street. At 169 CAD a night, I felt as though I got my money's worth at the Novotel.

Camada Holiday

Our stay at the Novotel was extremely pleasant. However on arriving at Toronto airport my case was mistakenly taken by someone else to Calgary. However, the staff were extremely sympathetic and immediately it was delivered to the hotel 2 days later, a message was left on our phone and the reception staff had it ready to hand over. The barman was very friendly and breadfast buffet good. Another option for breakfast is Shoppy's, just across the road, one block down. Excellent value and very friendly. Our room and bathroom were excellent with full facilities and we found the location convenient for Yonge Street shopping, and only 5 minutes walk to the waterfront and the ferry for Toronto Island (well worth a visit). We were travelling on to Montreal by train and the cost by taxi to the station was very minimal and not worth the hassle of getting luggage there by foot. We would stay at the Novotel again, should be get back to Toronto.

Travel & Hotel

by ArunGandhi

I am traveling from Rochester, NY, by train on July 24. Will I be coming into Union Station in Toronto? If yes, could you suggest a good, decent hotal near the station?

by johngayton

Yes it will be Union Station that you arrive. It depends what you mean by a "good, decent hotel" though?? Do you means cheap but OK or do you mean 5-star and expensive? A reasonably good site to browse is www.booking.com - In the destination search box type "Toronto Union Station" and enter your dates. You'll get a good choice of places ranging from cheapish to the mega-buck Fairmnont. You can also refine your search to distance from the station.

Hope this helps - have a good trip!

by alza

yes, "good and decent" is subjective :)) But I know at least 2 that fit the bill for me, have stayed at them often in the past (the distant past but this is Toronto, they won't have degenerated I'm sure):

Novotel Toronto Centre, rates start CAD$139. More than decent.
AND
Delta Chelsea offering 15% SAvings right now for bookings on 24 July et al, CAD$110. Very decent too.

OTHERS: Never stayed at Hotel Victoria (Boutique hotel, they say) but they have a DELUxe Twin at CAD$135. Same rate for DELUxe King but the TWIN room seems more airy & bigger. No pool or spa though :( The style is classic-renovated, with typical Queen Anne style furniture, nothing WOW! about it.

The Global Village Backpackers offer Private Deluxe Room at Internet Rate CAD$77, can't get much more decent than this pricewise :) If Jack Nicholson stayed there, I can too.

All those close to Union Station.

by Agraichen

I can't say by the station, but when I'm there, I hop the Metro and stay at the Marriott on Younge. I believe it's the College stop.

Comments