4 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2E8, Canada

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Park Hyatt Toronto

Great Experience on Bloor Street

by TripAdvisor Member FrenchyMontreal

A group of my friends stayed at the Park Hyatt Toronto for the weekend for the Caribana Festival. I've stayed at other hotels downtown and had a good time but the Hyatt was much better than them by far. The guestrooms are much bigger and more comfortable. The staff were always helpful and accomodating.

The hotel was in a great vicinity, close to the St. George's train station and right on Bloor Street for tremendous shopping expeditions. It's nice to go into those small shops rather than the big mall at the Eaton Centre.

By far, the Hyatt was the best experience I've had in Toronto, for business or pleasure. It may be a little far from the clubbing district, walking distance wise, but easily accessible to everything via train or cab. I recommend this first class hotel for everyone.

Not as nice as expected...

by TripAdvisor Member bmrgyrl

My husband and I stayed at the Park Hyatt Toronto at the end of our Toronto/Niagara Falls trip. The hotel itself (decor) wasn't as impressive as we had expected. But what you do pay for is the service. The concierge called right when we settled into our room to make sure everything was okay. My husband had forgotten his eyeglasses in the rental car (in valet) and the bellhop retrieved it for us! Also, we caught the Liz Phair concert at the Phoenix and the hotel had their personal Mercedes Benz take us in style. They also lent us umbrellas for the drizzling weather. The location is definitely one of the best in town. We would recommend two restaurants in the vicinity: Pangaea, great risotto, sweetbreads and foie gras. Sassafras, atmosphere and delicious beef tenderloin.

Overall a great experience at the Park Hyatt.

Beautiful Hotel and even better area...

by TripAdvisor Member Thebestofeverything

This is a beautiful Hyatt Hotel in a great trendy safe area of Toronto..centrally located and if you love shopping and I say SHOPPING!!, this is the hotel to stay...all the high class, designer stores are here and the hotel staff is wonderful..I am also happy when there are coffee makers in the room..the restaurant in the hotel is good and the concierage staff will help you will everything from soup to nuts...you will be happy here, trust me..I am a fussy traveler...

5 star pricing-4 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Citylaw

My wife and I stayed 4 days at the Park Hyatt in Toronto this past June. It is a very nice hotel, but we thought the $326.00 (US) per night, which included tax and $24.00
(US) per night parking was steep for what we recieved.
Our room was fair sized, but not large, and the bathroom was okay, but only had a tub/shower. At that price we should have had two sinks and a separate tub and shower. The bed was comfortable. The lobby was pleasant, but small. The staff was friendly, outgoing and helpful, therefore typically Canadian. The location is "Uptown" from the main business district, but at the west end of the Bloor Street high end shopping neighborhood. It is close to the University and several museums, and is overall a good location. Public transit is the way to travel in Toronto.
Given the large number of excellent, well priced "local" restaurants in Toronto, we did not eat at the hotel dining room, which actually faces on the street, with the tables clearly visible. It did not look well attended, whereas most
of the local spots were pleasantly crowded and cheerful.
We were in the middle of the International AA Convention with 50,000+ attendees, so hotel space was at a premium. The next time we go to Toronto, we will do a more thorough search.

Overpriced and Overrated

by TripAdvisor Member New-To-This-Forum

Having been quite excited at the thought of staying in a prestigious hotel as this, I'm sorry to say we were very disappointed and checked out early. We had a luxury room at $369 (Can) per night - a treat in the middle of our long road trip. It did not even have tea/coffee making facilities. I dont think its unreasonable to expect this after a long day sightseeing. It had to be the most un-kid friendly hotel ever - even the hotel receptionist agreed with me on that point when I told her we were checking out a day early.
Yes, the hotel is comfortable but it was not an enjoyable experience for us.

Roof top bar Service

Our bartender Gary was the best, he made sure to keep an eye on us we never had to grab anyone to get a drink or something to eat. With mix of Great service and the view we couldn't ask for anything more.

Hyatt ok

My husband and I stayed at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Toronto (Yorkville) for our honeymoon this summer. The hotel is no doubt beautiful but I would have expected better service. We were offered champagne and strawberries when we checked in at midnight but an hour later they hadn't arrived. We ate one meal in their restaurant which we found rather unimpressive and over-priced. Fortunately, the next night one of the bellhops told us about an amazing seafood restaurant just a 10 min walk away called Lure. Highly recommend. Upscale yet reasonably priced. I'd even consider spending the extra money at the Hyatt to stay there again just so we could walk to that restaurant!!

review of park hyatt

the location is fabulous. At first we were shown rooms in the north or newer tower. We rejected these rooms as being tired and dirty. We were then moved to a room on the 18th floor of the south (older tower) tower. The room was of average size , with a great view. Service was excellent, including turn down service in the evening, and replenshing of the ice bucket. One evening when we asked the door man to secure a cab, he asked our destination, ( about 5 miles away), and sent us in a Mercedes owned by the hotel. We had a rack rate of 299 US, and were quite satisfied. Best location in Toronto, ok room. We would stay here again

good location

by TripAdvisor Member chuckiepool

the hotel is at a good location near the Bloor street restaurants. the rooms are smallish but adequate. The roof top bar that is highly recommended by others proved a bit disappointing, the view is not that great, also stay indoors as it can get windy outside. I booked thru expedia as a pre-paid special, and I was not able to get a receipt from the hotel to claim VAT refund, that is not the hotel's fault but just keep that in mind.

Comments