Radisson Plaza Hotel Admiral Harbourfront

Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 77% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• Nice view of the Toronto Islands

Stayed here for a four nights on the hottest June on record in Toronto. It's an average hotel. Nothing wrong with it, nothing outstanding either. Tack on $15 a night for parking!!

Nice central location. Close to downtown, but the lakeside spot provides respite from city life.

Unique Quality: The pool is set up nicely to overlook Lake Ontario and the Toronto Islands.

The Buson's bar scene was quaint but engaging. Always a few locals hanging out, engaging in varied conversation (almost like a Cheers type scene where everyone knew each other).

More about Radisson Plaza Hotel Admiral Harbourfront

Location perfect but does require a makeover

by TripAdvisor Member LCard

Everyone agrees that the location is great and therefore I think that this hotel will get bookings regardless. Our rooms were large and clean but very dated and the bathroom had seen better days. Wasn't quite what I expected having looked at the photos on the internet. The pool was disappointing as despite the weather being hot the pool was sub zero. In fact my daughter (3 years) could not even get in it the second day, would benefit from a little heating...Next time would probably look at other hotels in the same area.

loved the marina & lake views from our room

by TripAdvisor Member mam007

this hotel is in an excellent position for the summer months when it is a joy to stroll along the lakeside/harbour front and enjoy a leisurely meal whilst watching the to-ing and fro-ing of people, boats and small planes. i imagine it maybe different in the winter months. the hotel itself was clean and the beds extremely comfortable. (mattress was electrically adjustable to your preference of firmness) all areas of the hotel were too warm but that might be a personnal thing. buffet breakfast ok but staff did not replenish quick enough.

OK, but not amazing . . .

by TripAdvisor Member planthenexttrip

Stayed here for 4 days in September. Had a room facing the road (no nice view for us!), we could see the side of the CN Tower (just about!) but mostly a view of a block of flats!

Room was very large and bed was comfortable. I would describe the decor as shabby, handle coming of the chest of drawers and walls a bit scuffed. I would say the big problem was the bathroom - very dark (high chance of serious leg shaving injury in the dark!) and poor shower curtain - the bathroom flooded after every shower!

I would also say that the staff weren't the best - not that friendly and didn't seem to smile much.

It wasn't an awful hotel experience, but I'm not sure it was worth the money (even though we got a good deal via the Internet). I loved swimming in the pool looking up at the CN Tower, but I think that was probably the only highlight!

Great location

Visited the hotel in September & was pleasantly suprised. The location is absoluely superb, right on the Lake front & close to bars & restaurants in the area. Only 15 mins from the main shopping areas & ideal for hopping onto the freeways.
The room was very clean & above average & the standard of housekeeping was very good.
Would certainly return in the future.

Brilliant position but tired looking

by TripAdvisor Member Stacer

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel which is in a great position on the waterfront and near the Rogers Stadium where we went to a baseball game.
We were not given a harbour view although we had requested one, we had a view of the street and the CN tower. The room was clean and a good size as was the bathroom but it all looked a bit dated and tired, Raddison's new Sleep Number bed was being advertised in the lobby but we didn't have one. Parking was an additional 18CAD a day (inc. tax). Our room was £86 for the Saturday and £78 per night for Sunday and Monday through Travelnow.

Don't bother

by TripAdvisor Member harleyWorcester_UK

I stayed here for just 2 nights and that was enough. The so called recent refurbishment of the hotel must have missed my room (612) and I was loathe to go barefoot into the bathroom for fear of catching something. Paper was peeling off in here - there didn't seem to be an extractor fan so the ceiling above the shower was mouldy and the shower rail rusting. Room unfortunately didn't have a harbour view, instead I got a lovely view of the busy freeway. Bedroom was ok - very small and dark and we had to have all 4 lights on to see what we were doing (no light airy spacious room for us). Avoid opening the curtains unless you are an exhibitionist - you are overlooked by condos right over the street. Behind the one bed were exposed wires where I think someone had tried to pull the phone out of the wall, oh and the promised 'internet connection in all rooms' as per the Radisson website was non-existing in our room. When I called reception I was directed to the 5th floor business centre.
On checking out the reception staff did not bother to ask whether we had enjoyed our stay - probably because they knew the answer to that one.
The one plus point was there concierge service - very helpful in assisting with bags and booking us a car back to the airport.
This hotel is seriously overpriced for what you get - my advice is stay at the Courtyard by Marriott on Yonge which we did before we went to Niagara - it's much cheaper and if you book on their website you can choose the option to stay for breakfast included in your room rate which works out a good £30-£50 per night cheaper ($60-$100 CAD) as there was no brekkie included at the Radisson. Also free at the Marriott - washing/drying machines,newspapers,morning coffee in reception and free yes free wireless internet connection in your room!!!

One of the best hotel experiences we've ever had!!

by TripAdvisor Member happyholsfolks!

From reading these reviews and staying at the Radisson myself, there must literally be two sides to this hotel. Fortunately for us our room (Rm 740) was on the harbourside and therefore our hotel experience was superb.
I'll start by saying that we found the hotel easy to find - a big bonus point when you arrive at night in a rental car. This is because it is literally a few blocks south from the CN tower (which you really can't miss!) on the harbourfront. The parking is beneath the hotel (accessible via the hotel lobby) - they charged about 18CAD to park each day.
The staff at check in were polite and helpful and our room was outstanding. One entire wall of the room was a floor to ceiling window overlooking the harbour and lake. This point alone made it possibly the best hotel room we've ever stayed in. The decor of the room was light and modern and was kept spotlessly clean throughout the stay. The bathroom was also clean although if you looked really hard the ceiling of the shower was a bit tatty (this is really nitpicking!).
The facilities were good - tea/coffee, TV, temperature control and the mattress adjusting system to alter the firmness of your bed(!?). The problem with this weird system was that it made so much noise we didn't use it for fear of waking the whole floor.
Breakfast was served in a bar overlooking the harbour/lake and was reasonable value for money - our bill was around 30CAD for breakfast each day. I'm sure you could get a cheaper breakfast elsewhere, but I don't mind paying when the food is good and plentiful. The staff at breakfast were always very pleasant. The hotel had a little shop on the ground floor which sold drinks/chocolates,etc. - an essential for filling up before a trip or when the munchies come on at night!
It is easy to walk from the hotel to the CN tower/Rogers centre (about 5 mins) which we did on a few occassions. Although we only used the subway once, I think the nearest station was Union station - about a 10 minute walk.
What made this experince even better was the price we paid via the internet - £229 for 4 nights!!! All in all, we would certainly aim to book this hotel for future trips to Toronto - I think I'd try to specify the harbour view room though!!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Welshboy

Stayed for a week in October 2005. Hotel was great, nice and clean, room was a good size with windows overlooking the harbourfront. The bed was superb - a "Sleep by Numbers" bed - you can adjust the firmness/softness of the bed using a keypad - the most comfortable bed I've ever come across!! Plenty of storage space in the room.The bathroom was large with twin sink units and a combined shower/bath and the shower was excellent - powerful and controllable, unlike lots of hotels that I've stayed in!!The staff were friendly and helpful.The complimentary (i.e. FREE!!) safety deposit box in reception was also appreciated!!!Only slight downside was the location - apart from being a really good location for the harbourfront, it's a bit of a walk into the downtown area though the streetcars pass outside the hotel very frequently (it is a short walk to the nearest stop into downtown but the stop coming back is right outside the hotel).

Fabulous views

We have just returned from a terrific week at the Radisson on the waterfront overlooking Hanlan Point named after our ancestor. The service, comfort and food were all excellent-you need a route map to find the other side of the gigantic bed. Breakfast overlooking the lake is highly recommended and everything is just a short and very cheap hop in a taxi. Visit the Eaton Centre for great shopping and the CN Tower for the view. The staff could not have been more helpful especially hiring a car for an unmissable day trip to Niagara.

Comments