Ramada Plaza Toronto

300 Jarvis Street, (formerly Ramada Hotel & Suites Downtown), Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2C5, Canada

Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown
Travelocity Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

Quiet area to stay

Ramada has a small lobby but that's fine the room is more important to me and I loved it. The king size room has a modern look with very comfortable bed. The staff are also helpful and even allowed me to check out late when i told them i still need more sleep because of hangover. It is located in a not so busy area of downtown Toronto. The Allan's garden is just right across the street and church street and young street aren't that far.

• Worst Hotel Experience Ever

Myself and a group of guys stayed at this hotel from Dec. 27/2011 until Jan.4/2012 for work purposes. We had a dayshift crew and a nightshift crew. I had to work the nightshift and tried to sleep during the day....this was impossible with the noise coming from the room beneath me which was having renovations done. When I complained to the front desk nothing was done. The hotel at the very least should not have booked the surrounding rooms where the renovations were taking place. After I complained, I was then blackballed from having my room cleaned, having the garbage taken out, clean towels etc. They did not offer to change my room , apologize, nothing. The rooms were dirty, the staff was unfriendly and unprofessional. There were hookers parading around the front doors of this place. I will never recommend this place to anyone. It is my opinion that this place only caters to the "by the hour" work force which is probably why this place is dirty, smelly and low end. A bunch of monkeys could run this place better.

Unique Quality: The only thing outstanding in my mind about this place was how awful I was treated.

More about Ramada Plaza Toronto

Good for the price, central location

by TripAdvisor Member Glasker

I stayed at the Ramada Toronto just before Christmas and was a little disappointed that the restaurants were closed for Christmas (on the 18th!) but was upgraded from a regular room to a suite so can't really complain.

There's nothing spectacular about the hotel but the location is fantastic for the money. It is on a slightly unsavoury looking side street but then so are most of the hotels in Toronto and I didn't feel unsafe walking in the area in the evening. I was in Toronto sight seeing for 3 days so it was an ideal base for hitting all the downtown stuff, and the receptionist was very helpful with directions etc.

All in all for CAN$75 a night for a suite it was worth it, though if staying for longer around the holiday period the closed restaurant may have irked me. There's great cafes on Carlton Street though if you're hungry!

Low value for money spent

by TripAdvisor Member svensktiger

If I'd paid 100 CAD a night I would not complain. But with almost the double price, no.., this is not acceptable. Dirty rooms. The complimentary WLAN access worked once in awhile. Had to take this one since it was the only one available in the town that week due to a lawyer's convention. Nope, there should be better choices for that price tag.. no doubt..

Expected better room for the money

by TripAdvisor Member prayani

I booked this hotel since it was in downtown and rated as 3 diamonds in several websites. True it has amenities like gym, racquet ball, sauna etc. But the most important thing for me is the quality of the room. THE TOWELS WERE OLD. Some had stains on them. When I complianed, they took their own time to get me another set. The second set were no better. ONE TOWEL HAD TORN EDGE WITH THREADS HANGING. (and i paid $160 total for the room). I took the towel and showed it at the reception. I got lot more towels than I needed after that.

I have to give some credit to the hotel as well. IT is in downtown and convenient for lot of downtown activities. Reception is polite. Parking is on location although payment is extra. If you do go there, try to demand value for the money you pay.

Quite Pleased

by TripAdvisor Member MeanGreen

The Ramada Hotel and Suites Downtown Toronto was great. I was in Toronto on business and my teenage daughter came along. They are undergoing a lobby renovation and have set up a temporary lobby on the second floor. Access in and out of the building and to and from the parking garage will be a bit of a pain until this is completed. The room was quite nice and well appointed with a sitting area with a sofa and coffee table. The bathroom is very small with very little counter space. The elevator is a bit slow, so get a room on a lower floor. The continental breakfast was much more extensive than most. The pool, hot tub and fitness facility were shared with the neighboring apartment building, but that posed no problems. The hotel is about 4 blocks from the subway station and about 6 blocks from Eaton Centre. The area seems quite safe. My daughter walked the area during the weekdays with no problems. We returned from dinner after dark a couple of nights and did not feel threatened at all. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially once they complete the lobby renovation.

New Lobby

by TripAdvisor Member ASAP_Reporting

I read the reviews of the past guests to make my decision. We loved the new lobby. We were asked if we would like an upgraded suite for only $20 a night extra and after looking at it jumped at the bargain. The restaurant food was good. You should try the Voodoo Chicken! It's amazing. The restaurant could use a renovation but the service was good.

If you go to Toronto you have to visit Cabbagetown just 5 minutes from the hotel. We took a tour of the Victorian Homes and they were beautiful They have plaques saying who lived there, so many over 100 years ago. Lots of historic Authors and business people.

Overall a great experience.

Cheap And Classic

by TripAdvisor Member holidaymaster

we stayed in november on 22-24, it was very nice, big spacious rooms, great location and quiet, lots of afcilities, nice staff and clean
it has an old decour but otherwise it's very good.

no bedbugs etc, from all the surrounding ones it is the best in the are
short walk to younge street which is the main happening area.

overall i would stay again in any ramada hotel, definately this one

Not great

by TripAdvisor Member BelgiumK

Stayed at Ramada Dec. 30-Jan 1st 2007. First of all, every noise from the hallway can be heard in the room...it is as if there is no wall or door. I was wakened by a very pleasant, yet very loud Jamaican maid who spent a good 1/2 hour outside my door whistling and singing as she prepped her housekeeping cart.
Also had some surly receptionists who were a tad on the cranky side. Example: My friend was late arriving into town to get he and his wife's room, so he asked his cousin (who lives in Toronto) to check in for him. When the cousin inquired about the reservation, the receptionist told him there was no reservation. Clearly there was, but they must not have felt like performing their jobs.
On another note, there aren't a tremendous amount of restaurants close by. There is a 24-hour diner a few blocks away, but that is quite a distance in a cold, winter rain. I would recommend staying on Yonge St. - it just has better access to quick-need items.
Hmmm....and the pillows were TINY. Two people could not share a double bed with those pillows.
And finally...New Years Day - checkout: a new and surly maid was -------- to someone outside my door at 11:00am that "no one had checked out yet and she can't get in to clean the rooms." Ok, I understand....but it was New Years Day...do you really expect prompt checkout from your guests, most of whom did not get back the night before until at least 5am????

A good place for a great price

by TripAdvisor Member Debussy10

I recently spent six nights here, rather than twice as much at the big hotels downtown. I paid a little bit more on arrival for a three room suite, and it was very comfortable and well kept. The bathroom had been newly renovated, and the big sitting room was wonderful. A plus was I could look out over the park across the street. This is a hotel built probably in the 1920's which has been updated, but still has abit of period charm. The staff was accomodating, and I had no problems. The cleaning lady was very nice and she learned m.y habits quickly. The restaurant was a big plus. The food was limited in choice, but well done and nicely served. It was also very reasonable. French Toast at breakfast is enough for two, plus beautiful fresh fruit.( The food was far better than the Sheriton Center and far less expensive. The bar was also limited, but we liked the bartender, and made do. Overall, it was a $6 Canadian dollar cab ride to the Sheraton Center. I liked this hotel and would return. They seemed eager to please, and very professional.

Great Location, Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member shawn44

This hotel is located in the middle of Toronto so the location was good enough-- there isn't too much going on within a short walk of the hotel, but if you are willing to take a longer walk or use a cab then the location is fine. There were cabs driving by our hotel every minute or two so you could get anywhere pretty quickly. The rooms were clean, the staff was very cordial, and the price was reasonable. The pool and hot tubs were nice as well -- especially considering how we brought a 12 pack of Molson there and had the hot tub to ourselves. All in all a good experience.

Love It.....

by TripAdvisor Member heyocean1234

This hotel is the best bang for your buck in Toronto. Great location, huge rooms, great amenities. Perfect for business or casual stays.

Our room was amazing, and huge view.

Highly recommended.

Excellent dining viewsExcellent dining views

Chinatown, TorontoChinatown, Toronto

street car thru Torontostreet car thru Toronto

South marketSouth market

Visiting for a couple of days...

by DavidKeeling

Will arrive in Toronto tomorrow to help a dear friend celebrate his 50th birthday (without him knowing) and am looking for recommendations on thrify accommodation. Any help would be dearly appreciated. I can travel freely with my trusty motorcycle and GPS, and could commute up to an hour outsied of rush hours with no issues.
Any secret locations would be cool, I can search by name if anyone has a sugestion or 2. I am travelling alone and am depending on internet links, but haven't found the perfect dive yet. Thanks in advance for any help any one of you might offer.

Cheers, from Chesterton, Indiana, nearly 2000 miles from home!

Re: Visiting for a couple of days...

by YVRDave

The Film festival is taking alot of rooms and the prices are quite high. North York, the airport or other outlying areas may be your best bet

Re: Visiting for a couple of days...

by Faiza-Ifrah

try studio 6 in mississauga at hurontario and britannia. close to highway 401, easy drive to toronto, niagara falls and good bikers roads in the north.

also try best western on hurontario and courtney park, north of highway 401.

there are many economical motels on dundas street east of hurontario, including monte carlo.

Comments