Renaissance Toronto Hotel At SkyDome

Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Awesome Visit

Our Stay was AWESOME!! excellent service and great view off the Rogers Centre!! we got there on a Friday and came home on a Sunday and got too go to a Jays-Yankees game! we sat in the crowd for 1 game and the Other from our hotel Room!

Unique Quality: 1 of the cool things is that it is Connected too the Rogers centre and you can watch a jays or a argos game in your hotel room! 2nd it is very close too all of Toronto's main attractions like the CN Tower and the HHOF

Directions: Down Town

• Traveldi's Profile Photo

A Must for Sport's Fans!

We had a one night stay at this hotel. Luckily we were able to check in early. The staff were so friendly and nice.
    It was a wee bit of a walk away from where the airport bus left us (Intercontinental Hotel) but so close to the CN tower
    and of course you could overlook the skydome. There was nothing on when we were there (17th July 2007) but it was fun to look down into the pitch from the bar. It must be great when the game is on and some rooms overlook it - what fun! Our room was
    on the city side, but very spacious and everything you could want. Again the staff here were so friendly. The pool was a bit of a trek, and the lift wasn't working, so it was hard to navigate and it seemed that people use it as their regular gym, I don't know what they made of us all trekking in for a look, especially as we ended up coming through a fire exit! I'm sure that will be sorted soon though.

Unique Quality: Great View of the Game!

Directions: Look out for the CN Tower, you are pretty much there!

• Excellent Service

This hotel is an excellent choice for location, comfort and excellent service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Toronto for business or pleasure. Our room was overlooking the stadium and although there was nothing on at the time, it didn' t take away from the feeling of been somewhere very special.

Unique Quality: Stadium view rooms, great swimming pool.

Directions: Just at the intersection of Front Street & Blue Jays way

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Unique Toronto Hotel--Overlooking The Infield

The Renaissance Skydome Hotel is now known as Rogers Centre, but probably will always be referred to as The Skydome Hotel.

Our stay here was memorable to say the least, because our hotel room overlooked the stadium and infield where the Blue Jays baseball team played!! When we made our reservation, we made sure the Blue Jays were playing at the time we wanted to visit Toronto.

We watched two games during this unique stay--each from our window that opened to face the diamond and infield. Cozying back in overstuffed chairs, we viewed the games. The play-by-play commentary could be heard over our t.v. and the excitement from the stadium just filtered right up into our room---the atmosphere was electric! However, when we closed the windows and pulled the curtains--our room was soundproof.

Our hotel was within walking distance to the CN Tower and a few blocks away from Toronto Gardens and the Quay. We would recommend our experience to anyone--it was amazing!

Unique Quality: The stadium and field view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PARADIZE's Profile Photo

Great place to stay

I had a great stay at the Renaissance Skydome, it was the perfect location for me (close to the Air Canada Centre, next to the CN Tower and the main downtoen attraction.

The rooms are large and well furnished. The service is quick and efficient. They have a nice indoor pool. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Toronto for leisure.

• El_Cookie's Profile Photo

Awesome location

Priceline is it worth it? I say yes. My friends and I got two rooms at the Renassiance Hotel wich is part of the Rogers Center (formerly Skydome ) for $52 per night.. Its been the best place I've stayed at so far in Toronto.

Unique Quality: You can look into the skydome field from the bar. The Hard Rocl cafe is next door and you can also view the inside of the dome as well. The CN Tower is a few steps away.

Directions: Next to the CN Tower.

• All That and a Bag of Peanuts

Simply outstanding. Great, welcoming staff, from valet to porter to front desk to housekeeping. Well appointed room, although no fridge or microwave (which just seems odd these days). Price was CDN$299 (US$225) a night.

Unique Quality: We had a fieldview room, and it was absolutely worth the extra money. It's really a once in a lifetime type of thing, as my daughters (8 and 4) will always remember it. We got to see two games, one with roof open and one with roof closed. Watched batting practice, watched the roof close, watched the groundskeepers. Also used the pool - nice pool with a hot tub and a sauna.

Directions: Right next to CN Tower, convenient to everything in downtown Toronto.

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo

Home away from home

I stayed here for 3 nights this summer when I had to work on a big project at my office. It was a really nice place to stay and the service was excellent.

I paid $50CDN per night, but that might have been some sort of super special rate that my company's travel department got.

Unique Quality: I really liked the way the rooms are decorated. Not a flower in sight! I really liked their bath products as well.

Directions: Connected to the Skydome. Main entrace is on Peter Street (aka Blue Jays Way).

More about Renaissance Toronto Hotel At SkyDome

Renaissance is a cool place

by TripAdvisor Member PowellSharon

Had two rooms from Priceline which ended up at the Renaissance in Toronto. Had a room with two doubles for my teens and a connecting room with a king for my husband and I. Both rooms were great although a long... walk from the elevators. The room with doubles was significantly larger than the room with the king but both were plenty large. Bathroom was nice with good selection of toiletries. We peeked through the bar at the baseball game going on. That's really nice. Valet parking was $25/night (OUCH!) service was prompt and efficient. Did not eat in the hotel or use other hotel facilities. This was a very nice Priceline deal.

Be prepared for fees & mediocre service...

by TripAdvisor Member Dorene9

The only good thing about this hotel was we had the room attached to the skydome and it was fun to watch the game. However, I would never go there again because they never informed us that they would be kicking us out of the room by 10 am the next day due to another baseball game even though you pay for a normal check out time of noon. Then, we were charged an excessive amount of fees including an occupancy fee when there were only 2 people in the room - after all, who's going to get a great room like that for just one person? At night, I called room service for a knife and they asked me to come down and get it (!) and the real kicker came when we checked out by 10 am as requested and we asked if we could leave our car and things there in order to watch the next game from their restaurant since we were asked to leave early and they did allow this, but when we picked up our car, they tried to charge us for an extra day of valet parking! I was very displeased with this hotel, its customer service is severly lacking, and they seem only interested in taking as much of your money as humanly possible. Our bill ended up being almost twice as much than what was originally quoted in their rates when we booked it. Save your money and buy tickets to the game and stay somewhere else!

Great Time at the Skydome!

by TripAdvisor Member East_coast55

I recently spent four days at the Marriott at the Skydome. This can be a long time in a hotel for a business trip. I had looked up the hotel and had seen the bi-level room photos overlooking the stadium. I had not asked for one of these rooms, but was pleasantly suprised when I went up to my room to find that I had been booked into one of them. I was on the fourth floor and had a fantastic view of the field. I'm not much for football or soccer, but still it was fun watching right from my "living room." Apart from the view, I had the bonus of watching the Skydome being opened and closed. Really an amazing sight and I didn't have to take the tour! I was a little concerned about the stadium lights as they are sometimes on all night, but the room has heavy drapery and wasn't a problem. Apart from the view, the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean, although a bit stale smelling, (I would pack an air freshener.) Don't ask the hotel employees for restaurant suggestions, I was badly misdirected. Ask any other local. The people of Toronto are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you. Cora's is the local breakfast hangout and is just a few steps away. Make sure to have dinner at 360 in the CN Tower. It's expensive but the experience is well worth it.

Comments