Residence Inn Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• blusky's Profile Photo

Excellent stay

I like it really much. Very clean, personnel was very professional, the suites are like a real home and you have everything you need.
    We had a room on 20th floor with the view on CN tower. It was really nice, especially in the evening with all the lights changing colours.

Unique Quality: THere is possbility to have a late check-out in case you need it and they have a list of all the restaurants and shops for food you might need with the phone numbers and for many of it even a price.

Directions: 3 minutes walking from Rogers centre and CN tower and maybe 6 minutes walking from theatres and couple of good restaurants

• Toronto Downtown Entertainment District

This hotel was awesome from the moment i stepped in the doors. Service was nice and friendly, when we got to our room we were definitely surprised by how big and nice the rooms were, That was the best feature of the trip. The View from our room sucked but we didn't care because we didn't look out the windows much. On the second floor they have a nice pool, hot tub, business room, and a fitness center. The Bar is nice in the lobby except the one bar guy was a jerk the first night, the second night though the bartender was awesome. The Breakfast in the morning was really really good for a hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone.

Directions: Entertainment District. Two Blocks from CN Tower.

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Nice and New

The Residence Inn is a fairly new hotel and it shows. The decor is all current and the rooms have a nice modern design and plenty of electrical outlets!

The bed was VERY comfortable, and the rooms have flat screen TV's which can be rotated for viewing the kitchen area, living area or bed. And there are lots of channels on the TV.

The shower and toilet are separate from the sink area, which is nice.

Free breakfast is provided in the morning, and Starbucks is just about a block and 1/2 away.

Free happy hour food (or maybe its dinner?) and a cash bar that stays open until 11:00 PM.

And. as you can see from the photo, it's right across the street from the CN tower.

Unique Quality: The light fixtures on the wall next to the bed have an electrical outlet, so you can charge your cellphone / alarm clock over night and not have to move the nightstand out from the wall and unplug something else to plug in your cell phone :)

There were more children in this hotel than one usually finds at a Residence Inn.

• alsport's Profile Photo

Heart of the City

I was there on business so again I didn't get a chance to try out the amenities but the location was very convenient. I was able to walk to the CN Tower (2 blocks) and the Rogers Centre (formerly the Skydome) (2 1/2 blocks). Even walking back to the hotel didn't seem to be a problem because people seem to be walking around at all hours. Tried one of those corner hot dog carts (which was a little daring because I had food poisoning the day before my trip) and it was great.
    The hotel is new, clean, quiet and the staff was exceptionally friendly and answered all of my questions.

Unique Quality: It's location is probably the best thing. It's close to downtown and some of the touristy stops. It is several blocks from the Hockey Hall of Fame but that's definitely worth the trip.

Directions: Downtown/Entertainment Center

More about Residence Inn Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District

excellent place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member khash

we just returned from a one week stay at this hotel. we loved the place. we had a one bedroom suite on 22nd floor. great views, v clean room. no problems with elevator. breakfast was always busy but you got to sit down within 5- 10mins, always fully stocked. some days i could not go down as our 2yr old was sleeping but my husband was able to get me all i needed.
i won't repeat the previous reviwers' comments but just say i completely agree. great location. 1 block from cn tower and rogers centre. shopping eating all nearby by walk. staff are fabolous. nothing is too much trouble. spa great, always long waits for computer access but if you go down really early/late no prob!

What's Not To Like?

by TripAdvisor Member hthcorp

First time in Toronto---very clean city with a lot of new buildings. The Residence Inn is one of those new buldings. Very convenient location. A few block walk to the ballpark, plenty to see & do within a 10-15 minute walk. The staff of the hotel is superb. Very helpful & knowledgable. Breakfast comes included in the cost of the room. Highly recommend staying at Residence Inn!

What more could you want in a hotel?

by TripAdvisor Member linda247

Location:
Excellent. it's not exactly in the downtown core (ie: bloor, yonge) but everything is really in walking distance and there are plenty of streetcars running down Spadina. Less than a 10 minute walk to the entertainment district where all the clubs/lounges are. Our room (3rd floor) was quiet still and we had a great view of the cn tower (which is now lit up nightly!). There are 24hr grocery stores down the street but we traveled a bit further down to harbourfront (less than 10 minutes by bus) to get to the 24hr Sobeys.

Room:
The room looked EXACTLY like the pictures shown on Marriott's website-amazing! I find this is rare when it comes to hotel photos of their rooms. Everything was very clean and the room is super spacious. The bathroom is huge even though the sink is located outside of it. Bed was great, but a little high for me b/c I'm 5'3! Requested extra feather pillows which came immediately. A minor complaint: in our kitchen, the tiles were raised slightly higher than the carpet surrounding it, and when I stepped on this border, I received a cut to the bottom of my foot. Of course, this was not something that has lowered my rating of this hotel!

Bonus:
Parking was expensive at the hotel ($30/day-valet) and there were no more spots when we checked in at 4pm Saturday. We went down the corner to find parking and got a rate of $20 for the entire weekend! We got luckier still because the attendant decided to charge us only$15 in the end, after some smalltalk!

Of course, a very good thing was the free breakfast buffet that is definitely crowded but worth the wait (which isnt even that long). They were lacking bacon but it was no biggie b/c you can just go upstairs to your suite's kitchen and make some!

Overall:
This was an incredible hotel for a great value. I booked the hotel early July and I think prices may have increased since then (rates seem to be 189+ now), but I don't blame them because it's still cheaper than the arm & leg prices of the 'fancier' downtown toronto hotels, that are older and arent even suites. I would definitely come here again (even though I live in toronto!) and have been raving about this hotel to everyone who will listen to me!

Get It While It's Hot

by TripAdvisor Member jimmyschippy

Just returned from a 10 night stay here and can only echo what everyone has posted on here. The hotel is only a five minute walk from the Subway (St. Andrew) and the superb Harbourfront. On very hot or very cold days, you can access the PATH system at the CBC Studios one block away. All the staff at the hotel are extremely courteous and the people who work at reception are very helpful with great knowledge of the local area. Problems with tables at breakfast and the lifts are true, but not a big enough problem for me to mark this hotel down. The food at breakfast was plentiful, well cooked and presented and if there was queue the dining staff made sure that tables were cleared as soon as the occupiers left (we were always down for breakfast by 8.00am at the latest and never had a wait). We would return here without question on our next trip to Toronto.

Nice Hotel, but Location Overrated

by TripAdvisor Member readymade

This is a very nice hotel, with all the Residence Inn amenities. I had one of the smallest rooms ($50 on Priceline), but it was still quite spacious and nicely furnished. Wireless internet was free and worked well. Everything is still spanking new, and staff hasn't had time to develop an attitude (plus, they're Canadian, so they're pretty nice naturally). I picked up my free newspaper in the little pantry kiosk near the entrance. I also got some microwave popcorn there one night, took it to the desk, and the guy ended up not even charging me. (I found out at checkout that there's some in the room with the coffee--I didn't see it.) I only went to breakfast one morning. Super crowded, lots of families with kids, 5-10 minute wait for a table. It's a nice spread, just so packed with people it's hard to get to. It's been the same way at other Residence Inns where I have stayed. I didn't sample the evening hors d'oeuvres. Rooms were very soundproof; I had noisy neighbors one night but only knew because I heard them through the door when I went out in the hall.

I found the location less than desirable for my purposes, however. It was well over 5 minutes BRISK walk to the St. Andrew Station. I suppose it's good if you want to go to the theater and King St. W., and the CN tower, but it's far from Yonge and the Eaton Center and other places I wanted to go. Since it was mostly families with kids there, I guess that's who has been writing reviews! They'd be more likely to find the location good.

Parking: $30 valet is no bargain. When I arrived the doormen seemed clueless about alternatives. I asked about surface lots; one guy said not to use the one at the end of the block on Wellington, but the one down Windsor (the small side street immediately in front of the hotel) and Front. I went around the block, and asked the attendant about staying from Tuesday until Saturday afternoon. He looked shocked, then said it would be cheaper to use the parking garage. It's underground, accessible on Windsor, and right next door to the hotel. My total cost from Tues. PM until Sat. afternoon was $61. It's up to $12 for weekday, $5 off hours, so $17/day weekdays, and $5 for an evening or weekend. Interestingly, they did NOT charge me any special events rates, and there were several during my stay. No in-and-out; you pay each time you exit. The only downside was the pedestrian entrance is through the office building facing Front, and that was a little awkward.

All in all, a great place except for location.

Great Hotel Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member Olofvilla

Stayed here for 5 nights 23rd July

Stayed on 22nd Floor, look out the window and the CN tower is right there.

Reception staff were superb, very helpful and always smiling

Loved the Large flat screen TV, room had lovely comfy king size bed and aircon was great, Toronto was 32 degrees and humid the week i was there.

Good power shower and liked the fact the sink was outside the main bathroom

Had no trouble with lifts and breakfast was an added bonus for free

Limo back to airport was well worth the extra few dollars arranged at reception.

cant fault it , helped make a great stay and well worth checking out tripadvisor before i booked.

top tip - I took a train to Niagara Falls , it was not the most pleasant of journey's , there was also an hour and half delay coming back as checking passports at Niagara station as the train comes via New york- pay a bit extra and take a coach tour !! $69 dollar return on train was poor

Great Location, New Hotel close to CN Tower

by TripAdvisor Member Buonviaggetto

Great Location near the CN Tower. Friendly staff with lots of tips for the city. I would have given it a 5 but the wait for the elevators was way too long. The staff suggested the 22nd floor for the views and our room was great, but only 2 of 3 elevators were working the 3 days we stayed. We would wait a long time for an elevator in the lobby and then stop all the way up and all the way down. I would stay again!

Laundromat Near Wellington St

by timtams

Is there a self service laundromat near Wellington St? I'm staying at the Residence Inn for 3 weeks & not so sure if I'd send everything for dry-cleaning.

Ta!

by YVRDave

There is a coin operated laundry room in the hotel

Thanks!

I browsed the hotel website & it didn't indicate so. Awesome if they did, would definitely save me a lot of money. :-)

Have you stayed there before?

Ta!

by YVRDave

Read under 'Guest Services'

Have a good trip