SUPER 8 MOTEL - TORONTO NORTH

Super 8 Toronto North
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• Worst Stay Ever ANTS EVERYWHERE IN THE ROOM

We decided to stay at this hotel, because it was cheaper, and it had a waterslide for my daughter. When we arrived we asked the front desk if the water slide was open, they had no idea, or even if the pool was open. When we checked into our room, I noticed a couple of ANTS in the bathroom, never really thought anything of it, till in the morning I went to open the blinds adn there must of been a million ANTS on the carpet, walls, bathroom, everywhere you could think of. I went and got the cleaning lady, and she was so surprised, and she said that the room was not cleaned right.(REALLY)..I went and told the front desk, they were not surprised at all. They gave me 20% off my room. There was no manager available. I'm fighting to get my money back. So if you're staying at this hotel.."DON'T" Our room was #305.. NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER STAY AT A SUPER 8 HOTEL. TERRIBLE SERVICE AND ROOMS

Unique Quality: NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS PLACE. POOL WAS FREEZING..SLIDE IS NEVER OPEN..

More about Toronto

Waiting to board the Via Rail train to OttawaWaiting to board the Via Rail train to Ottawa

Downtown Toronto, Toronto, CNDowntown Toronto, Toronto, CN

Parking ticket.Parking ticket.

Opposite the Flat-Iron, CN Tower in the backgroundOpposite the Flat-Iron, CN Tower in the background

Can I still apply

by CatherineA

I went to toronto 2 weeks ago and I did not about this. can I still apply for this program . I have all the receipts at home and my travel tickets. Thanks

by leics

What program do you mean?

by GrumpyDiver

I'm just guessing here, but if you are referring to the "Visitor Rebate Program" to get back money for sales taxes paid while you were visiting Canada, then the answer is no.

That program was cancelled on Apri 1, 2007.

by hawkhead

Gosh, Grumpy, go to the top of the class! What an inspired guess! All I could come up with was "huh, wot program" - and then I look at the responses et voilá, my question is most probably answered!

by leics

Equally impressed, I have to say. :-) Didn't realise Canada had a similar thing to the EU VAT-refund thing, although 'still have all the receipts' should have given a clue.

by hawkhead

Yup, Canada had it for donkey's years but it became more and more cumbersome to reclaim.

Travel Tips for Toronto

Multiculturalism in Toronto

by freddie18

One thing I like about Canada and Toronto in particular is its multiculturalism. Diversity of race, religion, and lifestyle is what made the city of Toronto apart from other world cities. Toronto is home to virtually all of the worlds culture groups and is the city where more than 100 languages and dialects are spoken, and over one-third of residents speak a language other than English at home.

The top four visible minority groups in Toronto were the Chinese, South Asian, Black, and Filipinos. While it is true that Canadians wanted immigrants to adopt Canada's values and way of life, these and all other groups are permitted by the Canadian government to preserve their original heritage and conserve their values. It is possible that when you are on a subway, you will be sitting beside a Jamaican and Chinese. Sitting in front of you could be a Russian, a Japanese, or a group of Filipinos. You will hear on both sides Canadians speaking Japanese, Tagalog, or Russian all at the same time.

I have been to many places but I have not seen situation like this. In Toronto, it is a day to day happening. When I am away from Toronto, this is what I am missing.

OOOOO...i remember sumthin...

by SeaGem1532

OOOOO...i remember sumthin important!!!! there's all these peeps who sleep & live on the sidewalks...b/c they came 2 toronto expecting 2 b able 2 get a job but found out they couldn't & didn't have ne $$$ 2 get a job & now have 2 live where they do. neway, back 2 my story...so on my way outa that dance place that i went 2 on my 1st day in toronto, 1 of these bum people who had already passed the door, turned around & saw me. He made a complete u-turn & followed me a few blocks...but bein from NY & all, i did my nice little NY speed-walk & dodged him & probably bout 10 other freaky peeps... ok, its a scary place if u meet the wrong homies!!!! i miss my Mikes Hard Cranberry Lemonade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Volunteer Work in Toronto

by freddie18

Most Canadians care about other people especially the seniors. This is evident with situations in subway train, buses, streetcars, wherein young people give seats to older ones. The Canadian government are also very particular about the welfare of the senior citizens. Community Centres are established and activities are organized for the aged.

People from all walks of life volunteer some of their spare time serving in community centres to help the seniors. I for one have volunteered my day of work to serve in one of the centres for the senior people. Here, we entertain them in different ways like dancing, making art and decorative stuff, meal preparation, or just plain keeping them company.

I have posted some of our photos on my latest volunteer work which was half day of keeping them company, serving their meals, and teaching them art and decor. The rest of the day was spent in delivering lunch/dinner to seniors who are living alone in ther apartments/houses. I miss their stories, happy or sad.

Black Creek Pioneer Village

by kris-t

The "pioneer" village consists of over forty historic 19th century buildings, decorated in the style of the 1860s with period furnishings. Besides the Historical Interpreters and Craftspeople housed in the restored buildings, the site also features historical reenactments and visiting artisans. Buildings include period houses, The Original Stong Family farm buildings, a water-powered grist mill, a general store, a blacksmith's shop along with over 10 other trades buildings, a hotel, and a one-room schoolhouse. A core of buildings built by the Stong family are on their original sites, while others have been moved in from across Southern Ontario.

Go Skating!

by Marta23

The winters in TO are long and cold, but many Torontonians take advantage of the weather by doing winter activities such as skating. It's a lot of fun and great it's excercise. Nathan Phillip's Square (across from City Hall, 100 Queen Street West) has a great ice rink open all winter long. It's free, and skate rental is available.
Enjoy the winter in TO!