3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Convenient for Business Trips

In October, 2004 I was returning to New Brunswick from a business meeting in Chicago but had to overnight at Toronto's Pearson Airport. The Sheraton Gateway is a nice option if you need somewhere to spend a night there, since it is located right on the airport grounds.

The hotel was full, but I had a reservation, so they upgraded me to a suite at the same price of C$170 (US$140) with taxes included.

Unique Quality: Very comfortable and quiet, despite being at the airport. Plush rooms and they charge US$1.60 for each internet connection (first hour is free from useage charges). I did not have much chance to sample their amenities since I arrived at 9 PM and left at 6 AM.

Directions: Beside Terminal 3

• So close, and yet so far

Whenever I am forced to stay at a hotel because of an airline screw-up, I immediately start out looking for a reason to hate it. It took a while, but I eventually found one.
    Don't get me wrong; the hotel is actually very nice: The check-in was quick and friendly (although I had to climb a huge staircase with all my luggage to get to it), and the rooms were modern, large, and clean.
    I thought that sound-proofing the windows so you couldn't hear the constant aircraft activity just outside the window was a good touch. I just wish they'd done the same with the room's doors and walls. At 2am a couple of guys decided to have some kind of foreign-language yelling match in the hallway. They must have been friends because they shared the room next to mine. In fact, it turned out they were far more than friends, but that's another story....

My biggest gripe with this hotel is that the airport shuttle is too small and does not run frequently enough. I could grab a cab from downtown and get to the Departures gate faster than waiting for that &$^#% shuttle. No cab will take you to the Airport Sheraton because the cabbies wait in line forever for a fare. They want a down-town run, not a $5 ride next-door. So if you do stay here, make sure you get on the shuttle much earlier than you need to.

Unique Quality: Not much special about this place, really. It's close to the airport, it's expensive, but it's a decent hotel.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

For late night arrival or early morning take-off

I found the hotel to be a nice, but standard hotel room. Maybe I've travelled too much on business, but it would have to have something really spectacular to make me find a hotel room special. It was big, the beds were comfortable, the service at the front desk was efficient and pleasant, and it saved us from getting up 2 hours earlier to get to the airport, worrying about a snowstorm.
    I would highly recommend this hotel to someone either just staying overnight between flights, or like us, having an early morning flight and being worried about bad weather, or arriving on one of the late night flights.

Unique Quality: The dining room was excellent for dinner. We had the buffet and it was quite good. I don't recall any of the other amenities of the hotel, but again the location, attached to the airport terminal was very handy for us.

• kumachan200x's Profile Photo

Infront of Airport

Incomparable is the one word you will use to describe the Sheraton Gateway Hotel, Toronto Airport. As Pearson International Airport's only connected hotel, through a climate-controlled walkway, you will find many of this great city's businesses and attractions only minutes away.

More about Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport

An OK Stay

by TripAdvisor Member superchic

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I was by myself for the night because my boyfriend was flying in early the next morning. From the moment I checked in I heard a banging noise coming from below my room. I made the front desk aware of this but they did nothing to find out what it was. I didn't sleep at all that night due to the noise and even in the morning when I told them about it again they still did nothing. I shouldn't have had to pay for the room at all because I wasn't even able to sleep.

The hotel is nice and so are the rooms but they really need to work on customer service. There are a few hotels very close by and I would recommend staying at one of them that is more resonably priced and will put the guests needs first.

An excellent airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member StJFamily

I have stayed at many hotels in the Pearson vicinity and this is the best in my opinion.

Front desk staff were exceedingly friendy and accommodating. Staff had the crib already in our club floor room upon arrival so our little guy could go straight to sleep after a long flight.

Rooms are well appointed with very nice furniture and are reasonably spacious. The beds are to die for and my wife loves all of the pillows and the sheets.

Breakfast in the Club Floor lounge was excellent with excellent service from the staff in the lounge.

Pool and health club are also excellent.

Can't beat the location, about a one minute walk to Terminal 3 and about 10 minutes including the shuttle bus to Terminal 1.

I do a lot of travelling and highly recommend this hotel.

They offer a great day rate!

by TripAdvisor Member VegasCanuck

This hotel is connected to one of the three terminals at the Toronto airport...the ultimate in convenience! There is a shuttle bus that goes to the other terminals. They are about to open an automatic tram that will connect the hotel to all terminals.
We took advantage of Sheraton's $69.00 day rate (8AM to 5PM?). We flew into Toronto at 7AM but our next flight was not until 6PM so we stayed at the Sheraton and it was great.
Modern with their fantastic bed...the best!
If you need to be near the airport, this is the one!

High Quality Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member D4T4

Stayed for one night... Good value for quality received.

Clean, spacious high quaity rooms. Beds were very comfortable.

Pool and gym were small but perfectly formed.

Restaurant was a little pricey but nothing too unexpected.

Overall, a good hotel to stay in the night before/after you fly, you do'nt even have to step outside to get to the terminal!!!!

Get a room on the top floor!

by TripAdvisor Member MarcieHatter

We stayed here for one night and paid about £65 for the room through hotels.com. We were given a room on the fourth floor that had no view whatsoever, the station for the new train link between terminals one and three was right outside the window, as was the train track! They were just testing the trains so there was very little noise at all and we slept well on the comfortable bed.
Fine for one night and at least when the train link opens properly it will be easier to get between the terminals!

Bad one star rating from me

by TripAdvisor Member LVOV

Compare to Moscow Sheraton Hotel this one gets one star from me, food terrible and expensive, rooms had broken phones, no free parking, no toll free calls, no free broadband – nothing is worth to look forward too. I would not recommend this one to anyone. ONE LONELY STAR.

Comments