Soho Metropolitan Hotel

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• calismt5's Profile Photo

Great Location, Great Concierge

I have stayed there a couple of times in 2005/2006

Not the cheapest in the city but a great location and we had superb help through the concierge ( i forgot her name unfortunately )

Rooms are nice - we had a mid ranged room

Bathrooms are off the hook

More about Soho Metropolitan Hotel

Wonderful...

I stayed at the Soho for one night on February 5th. I had this whole thing planned for a friend's birthday and the concierge at the hotel was more than helpful. I can't thank Franco enough. I dropped off everything to them the morning of and they set it all up in the room for us before we returned from dinner. We had excellent service. I asked for an iron and an ironing board and it was there so quick i could hardly believe it!

I would stay there again in a heratbeat. Granted, it is a bit expensive but worth every last dollar. It's the kind of room in which you can't help but feel romantic and frisky. Well, it didn't work for me ;-) but it can for the rest of y'all!

All in all, an excellent place...the heated floors in the bathroom rock. Make a BIG difference when you have to go pee in the middle of the night :-)

I give it two thumbs up...way up. I thought the service would be bad and the employees snotty but they were all very polite. They let me check in early (11am) and were very very helpful!

Enjoy your stay!!!

Starwood Does it Again!

Starwood Properties/Preferred Htoels has put together this a fine property and done a great job in Toronto's Entertainment District.

We stayed at this wonderful hotel January 16 - 20, 2005. There are plenty of room descriptions in other reviews on this site, so I won't go into much detail. They are truly wonderfully appointed. The "Executive Suite" was superb.

The staff is young, eager and energetic with a lot of smiles to go around.

Descreet housekeeping staff is both unobtrusive and top-notch! This staff knows how to clean a hotel room very well. I have a strong dislike for those hotels where the staff knocks loudly on your door at 8am crying "housekeeping!". Maybe the electronic "Do Not Disturb" system tracks which room is ready for cleaning. I don't know, but I do know that it's the kind of service I really enjoy!

I'm a "little things count" kind of guy! This place has done an outstanding job with the little things from decent linens to heated floors to turn down service.

Senses Restaurant and Senses Bakery are both very enjoyable and recommended. Try one of the Mango Mousse pastries!

I will stay again and recommend to anyone seeking great lodging in Toronto!

Somewhat disapointed

Read many reviews online and did a lot of research on the area and found this hotel to be disapointing after all that I read. Everything in my view, (exlcuding the decor), was just ok. Room design was poor, I really disliked the layout, and nothing amazed me.

I must say however the decor is quite lovely.

It's maybe just one of the times that someone hipes a movie so much, and you go see it and are sorta let down because you had such high expectations going in... but this place didn't leave me with a lasting impression.

I might return, but would likely look elsewhere on my next visit to try something else out.

... Just doesn't cut it

The service wasn't what I was expecting, especially for the price point of their rooms. The decor and ambiance was nice, but it's definitely not in tune with the genuine service level that other hotels offer (i.e. Four Seasons/ Park Hyatt).

Also, the rooms are all on low levels of an apartment building with no view... it just didn't cut it! I won't return!

Terrible hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cale_white

This is a terrible hotel, I have been staying here for just one year and have had so many problems. Problems take months getting fixed! You are better off staying at a different place. This is definetally not a place to stay long term. A few nights you will be fine, but anything longer, I would recommend staying at a more established place.

Soho Met not bad but needs some improvements

by TripAdvisor Member beachlover325

I stayed at the Soho Metropolitan from Feb. 3-6, 2005. While the hotel was certainly beautiful and had many amenities, it would have helped if half the things in our room worked. However, most of these were things we didn't really care about - one light switch didn't work in the bedroom area, the telephone in the bathroom didn't work, and the tub stop was broken. The best thing about our room was the bed - it was the most comfortable bed we'd ever slept in a hotel. I would have stuffed the down comforter in my suitcase if I could have fit it! (ha) The heated bathroom floor was very nice to step out onto after a shower. Our room was cleaned every afternoon and housekeeping wouldn't disturb us before then (we never get up early on vacation).

The employee who directed us to our room was kind enough to show us how the features of the room worked and those at the desk were always polite and friendly. I thought the location was pretty good - we were close to restaurants, clubs, and the subway was just a short walk away.

We had one drink in the hotel bar which was very strong and very expensive (compared to what we're used too - the bill was over $20 for two martinis) and ordered dessert from room service one evening (also very expensive - over $30 for two). The dessert was good but not $30 good.

Overall, the hotel was a nice place to stay, but for the price and the way it presents itself I expected a little more.

Amazing! Absolutely Amazing!

I planned a trip to TO to celebrate my husband's birthday, and booked the SoHo after much research. This hotel is incredible. We were shown to our room and how to work all of the features (a switch to open and close the curtains, how to turn on the heated floors in the bathroom etc)...this place is wonderful. From the most comfortable bed (gorgeous white linens), to the speaker in the bathroom for music this is by far one of the most beautiful contemporary hotels in Toronto. We had a Deluxe room, so I can only imagine what a Luxury Room or Suite is like. I would definately stay again.

Fabulous

We checked in to the Soho Metropolitan after a bad night at the Royal York and were very happy that we moved. Great room, location, staff, restaurant. We were just very pleased with the hotel in all respects. The best thing about the hotel is the doorbell that permits you to indicate if you want to be disturbed or not and you WILL NOT hear the dreaded knock at all hours with the voice saying "Housekeeping" Wonderful!! Very comfy bed and sheets. All in all a great place to stay in Toronto (near convention center if you are there for one)

Exclellent Hotel, Excellent service!

by TripAdvisor Member wints1970

This is an absolutely wonderful boutique hotel in a fantastic location. I stayed in a deluxe room and it was superb. Without doubt the largest and most comfortable "standard" hotel room I have stayed in, with the best amenities. The bathroom was outstanding, especially the heated floor and glass walled shower. The dressing area alone made this worth the price. Thoughtful touches like the electric drapes, electronic "do not disturb" sign and DVD player put this a cut above most hotels I have visited at this level, especially in the UK where the sort of rate I paid gets you nothing like the standard and individuality experienced at the Soho Met.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had to wait 40 minutes for my room to be made ready upon my arrival after a transatlantic flight. Normally this would be a negative and annoying, but having been shown the Senses bakery attached to the hotel, spending the waiting time drinking coffee and sampling the delicious chocolate cake was a pleasure. The waiter even made sure to check every so often to see if the room was ready.

All said, this will be the only place I'll stay when I'm in Toronto in future. I highly recommed it.

Comments