The Westin Harbour Castle

Tags

Spa and Resort Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Family Travel
See Amenities
xymmot's Profile Photo

comfort with a apple during check in

by written on February 22, 2010

Great place, Lake view with all the comforts. Slept like a baby and had great work outs in the gym that had a steam room and sauna. The pool and tennis courts up here was great also.
They had special packages that help me decide I wanted to stay there.

PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Westin Harbour Castle

by written on June 22, 2009

This resort is along the harbor front, just off the downtown area. If you're going to be spending a lot of time downtown, this is a really good location - I was able to walk to the CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Chinatown, Eaton Centre, the University, Kensington Market, St. Lawrence Market, and the Hockey Hall of Fame. Plenty of restaurants and shopping are in this area.

I gave my car to the valet - note that Valet parking is almost $40 (CAN) a day. Check-in was very quick, and the lady behind the counter was most courteous. I went up to my room, which had views of the harbor and downtown. The room itself was very well-kept, with the Heavenly Beds, as well as a large flat screen TV, a desk, a sitting area, a spacious bathroom and an in-room safe. You can get internet for an additional fee.

Right outside the hotel are the ferries to get across to the island. Across the street is a small market with long hours if you need some common groceries. They have a workout room and indoor pool, but I never had time to use either. There also is a Starbucks, gift shop, and bar in the lobby area.

As you might expect at a Westin, you get premium service for the premium price. I had no complaints about the stay, and everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful.

Downtown & Beach together

by written on March 17, 2009

Stayed with my family as well as my sister in law. Had 2 adjoining rooms with a common door in the middle. Was a blast for the kids.

Unique Quality: The Hotel itself is very pretty with much granduer and lavish facililities from swimming pool to an indoor gym. The best part is the location so close to downtown as well as overlooking Lake Ontario. Within walikg distance of CN tower one of the tallest building in the world.

Directions: Close to downtown and the Harbour

mikey_e's Profile Photo

Right in the action!

by written on October 22, 2007

I have never spent the night in the Westin Harbour Castle, but I did visit friends there one New Years Eve a few years ago and so I did get to see the rooms and the lobby of the building. The double rooms are not exactly lavish or luxurious, but the hotel is quite a impressive one, especially the lobby and the security (which stops people from coming and going to the rooms without a key). The rooms are not small, but they don't afford a huge amount a space. Similarly, the washroom is well equipped by not lavish. In all, this is a comfortable place to stay and especially convenient if you plan on spending most of your time at the very end of the core.

Unique Quality: The Westin Harbour Castle is located right on the harbourfront. That means, more likely than not, that you will have a great view of the Lake if you are on any side other then the north, and a hideous view of the Gardiner Expressway if you are too low down on the north side. If you're higher up on the north side you get a good view of the downtown core. The Westin is rather isolated from the hustle and bustle of the core and provides great access (especially in the summer) to many of Toronto's outdoor sights, as well as the PowerPlant Art Gallery and the Queen's Quay Shoppes.

Directions: Right by the ferry docks and Harbourfront

megolodon's Profile Photo

Very Nice Hotel with great views

by written on April 19, 2007

We stayed here for a few nights and found it to be a very nice, clean and friendly hotel. We had a "lake view" room which was great - I would recommend you ask for one of these.

Unique Quality: Great views over the lake.
Reebok Gym, outdoor tennis court, indoor heated pool and whirlpool.

malianrob's Profile Photo

Very Nice

by written on October 12, 2006

I loved this hotel. We were in one of the remodeled rooms with a lake view. The room was large, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. I slept so good that it was hard to get out of bed in the morning. I was totally satisfied with our accommodations.
My sisters work paid for our hotels stays here and at the Shereton Centre Toronto. we stayed a few night here and a few nights there and I definately liked it here better.
My sister on the other hand, is in the hotel business, wasnt too impressed with either one. She has that trained eye to look at the smallest detail and she was driving me nuts! Finally I told her I didnt care I thought the room was perfect.
I would definately come back to stay here. The service was good, and I loved the room.
What I didnt like too mcuh was the lobby area and the fact that there wasnt too much of a selection of restaurants in the hotel. The food was soso at the hotel restaurant.

Unique Quality: Even though you are not in the center of downtown you are close to alot of places. If you like to walk and sightsee you will not have a problem with the location of this place. I read reviews that people said it is so far from everything and that is not true. Just about everyuthing was walking distance.

Wendy67's Profile Photo

Great Views All Around

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 10, 2006

Years ago I had a horrid stay in a Westin hotel in Chicago and vowed never to frequent one of their properties again. Then I used Priceline.com and scored a room at this hotel for $75 USD a night. I usually stick to my principles, but not this time.

The property is very nice and as with any Westin property, you get those awesome beds and showers. Luxury linens and giant shower heads. Definitely a plus. The hotel was very quiet, considering it's on a very busy street. The only thing we heard all night were the horns on the tugboats, which was actually quite pleasant.

On the downside, parking is $30 a day. If you stay at this hotel and don't mind walking one city block, there's a public lot that charges $10 a day and has 24-hour surveillance.

Unique Quality: I believe every room as a view of the harbour, some better than others. We had a wonderful view in a lakeside room.

This Westin property boasts a top floor restaurant/bar named "Toula". We planned on having drinks in the bar in the evening as the view is outstanding, but never made up there. It's something I would strongly recommend.

MarylandRVer's Profile Photo

My Package Included a Show and Dinner

by written on September 4, 2006

I found an Internet theater package that included a night at a local hotel (several to choose from), tickets for The Lion King, dinner at our choice of restaurants, and a choice of city tours. The whole package was $145 (US) July 2003. I picked the Weston because of location and prior experience with their excellent accommodations.

I was not disappointed. We arrived by car, check-in was effortless, and we quickly settled into a wonderfully airy room corner room overlooking the waterfront. The room wasn't especially large but we had a comfy seating area and desk along with all the normal bed and bath amenities. The plush bed with mountains of pillows was to die for -- this coming from a woman who would spend the rest of the vacation camping in much less luxurious surroundings!

Kudus to the hotel security staff. When I thought I'd lost my husband's brand new digital camera, they calmly helped me locate it--in a rarely used pocket of MY bag!

We took a quick tour of the hotel (Wow! the view from the restaurant gives you a 360-degree view of the city), took some tips from the lobby staff about city safety and local haunts and went off the see the city and our show. The hotel location on the waterfront is excellent for touring on foot. We could easily walk to the shops and parks along the water, and then up the hill to the theater district.

We did eat at the hotel's Toula restaurant twice to enjoy the breathtaking view. We ooohed and aaahed and enjoyed dessert, coffee and a night skyline. Our early bird dinner the following day with our voucer allowed us to enjoy a meal and wine that easily stood on their own merits but were definitely enhanced by views of daytime in Toronto.

We wanted to stay longer but we were already booked at Niagara Falls. I continue to visit the theater ticket sites for various cities and find some of the packages offered make excellent add-on stopovers on my regular vacation itineraries. Toronto is a great city and the Westin Harbour Castle is the best of the best!

Unique Quality: Nothing compares to an elegant room WITH A VIEW! On a clear day (as we had) you CAN see forever! At least as far as Niagara!

sahlenare's Profile Photo

Amazing view over the harbor!

by written on September 12, 2005

I love this hotel!
The service is outstanding, nice food and good cleaning.
We had our room on the 30th floor with a breath taking view over the harbour.

Unique Quality: I haven't yet discovered the pool area and sun deck but I will - later on today ;o)

Directions: Down by the harbour

TORONTO'S BEST

by written on August 21, 2004

Property Type - Full Service, Hotel Year Built - 1975 Year Remodeled - 1999 Locate On Lake Ontario Harbour Front. The Business..Theatre And Shopping Districts Are Within Minutes Of The Hotel. In The Heart Of Toronto Lies The Westin Harbour Castle. A 20-Year Recipient Of The Caa/Aaa Four Diamond Award..The Westin Harbour Castle Is A Landmark In Hospitality..Featuring A Scenic Waterfront Setting. The Hotel Is Located Near Major Attractions..Such As Air Canada Centre..Cn Tower.. Financial And Theatre Districts And The Eaton Centre With 977 Elegantly Appointed Guestrooms And Suites..Superb On Site Dining And Friendly Service Synonymous With The Westin Name..You Can Rest Assured Your Stay With Us Will Be A Memorable One. With Spacious Accomodations..A Wide Choice Of On-site Dining And Friendly Service. The Westin Harbour Castle Endures That Guests Will Enjoy Their Stay. Just Minutes From All Major Attractions Business Core And Shopping..To Name A Few..Easily Accessible Through Our Complimentary Downtown Shuttle.

Unique Quality: On-site Facilities -

Service..Guest Will Need A Laptop With An Ethernet Card
Internal Or External.

Meeting And Convention Facilities -

Directions: Directions To The Property -

From South - From Airport Follow 427 South To Gardiner Expressway Toronto. Exit At Yonge..York..Bay Ramp. Turn
Right At First Light To Queens Quay And Turn Left. Turn Right To Hotel.

Great Hotel

by written on August 4, 2004

The hotel is great. It is clean, staff are friendly and you can buy Starbucks coffee in the lobby. It is a bit far from downtown but the hotel provides a shuttle. The Hockey Hall of Fame is only a short walk from the hotel. Every morning I took my Starbucks coffee and went out to the boardwalk and watched the boats on the water. The ferry docks are right behind the hotel.

Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

It costs a lot of money

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 2, 2004

Well, for 225 dollars a night you would expect to get a nice room and stuff, but the room I got was like being a Holiday Inn with a better bed. I would definetly spend my money elsewhere, unless someone was paying for me :)

Unique Quality: It's well located, in the Queen's Quay area just south of Downtown.

Directions: At the base of Yonge Street.

coolpanda87's Profile Photo

Priceless views @ TO

by written on February 24, 2004

The Westin remains to be my favourite waterfront hotel in Toronto, for it is the most luxorious hotel in the area & also is the most convienent to access downtown Toronto. Though the views of Lake Ontario are not spectacular, it is still worth a glimpse.

The rooms @ Westin Harbour Castle are well appointed & decorated.

I somewhat dislike the driveway area, for the place looks cramped with many twists & turns. Also, the exterior lobby is somewhat confusing to find, & lacks the grandeur of a typical Westin Hotel. The interior is also somewhat dissapointing, but a large improvement compared to the outside.

Directions: By Yonge & Queen's Quay

Kay_C's Profile Photo

Great place to stay in Toronto

by written on September 7, 2002

The Westin Harbour Castle is a huge hotel with beautiful rooms either with a water view or a city view. Location is great for restaurants, attractions, stadiums, etc.

Unique Quality: Toula Restaurant on the top floor is fantastic and the view is magnificent.

Nearby The Westin Harbour Castle

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Toronto Travel Forum

Need advice about Toronto, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Toronto and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Toronto hotel reviews