3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 84% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• robotsarecool's Profile Photo

Stay away!

Their staff was unfriendly and a little snobby - not to mention how unhelpful they are.

I rarely stayed at the hotel unless I was sleeping or showering.

Unique Quality: Easy access to all areas of Toronto with subway station located in concourse attached to hotel.

The only hotel in Yorkville neighbourhood with underground access to shopping and local businesses

Directions: RIght next to the sub-way station or take a taxi.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Right in the Heart of it All

I have not actually stayed here, and have not known anyone who has stayed here since Marriott took it over. However, I did a tour of the property while working as a corporate travel counsellor, learning about the property to sell to our clients. Right on Bloor St it is at the junction of both main subway (metro) lines - Yonge line going North/South, and the Bloor/Danforth line going East/West. It is not very far west of the Don Valley Parkway for those coming by car. There is underground parking, and I believe Valet Parking. As I recall the hotel rooms start well above the ground floor, as there is the Hudson Bay store taking up the first several floors.
    I'd recommend this property primarily to people who want to be in the shopping district, for a special weekend in Toronto, or for those on business in the downtown core. While it is walking distance to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) and other tourist attractions, it is in a pretty busy area for families. It is a Marriott property, and they maintain a good standard.

Unique Quality: As I recall they do have a pool. Their location is excellent for those wanting to shop, go down to the theatres, for business travellers. The view may or may not be good, depending upon which way you face, and how many new towers have been built to block your view!

Directions: North Side of Bloor St, within the first block East of Yonge St. Look for Green Hudson Bay Parking sign and enter near there.

More about Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville Hotel

Yorkville a YES

by TripAdvisor Member robert270

Just returned from a trip to Toronto (8/10/05). Stayed at the Marriott Yorkville. Location is EXCELLENT. Right in the middle of Downtwon Toronto. ( Yonge st & Bloor st). If you want to be in the middle of they city you can not do better location wise.

Staff was excellent. Even though the lobby was busy with weekend family tripers, the check in was quick and smooth and professional.

The Bathrooms are brand new. Very Nicely done, but small. Beds are one of the best I have ever seen in a hotel. Including Ritz, Four Seasons, or Hyatt. Very Very Comfortable beds, and very nice linen.

The wall paper was looking a bit tired, the carpet was in good shape. The room was quiet. Ask for a room facing the courtyard if you want quiet.

The room did not have a safe, which in my opinion is a Big minus. You need a safe to store your and cash and valuables. Very Strange.

The Matisse Restaurant serves a very nice buffet breakfast at $15.99 cdn. Made to order eggs, and very nice buffett spread in a sophisticated atmosphere is worth the money. If you can snag a good deal with the breakfast included Take it!

All in All I would recommend this hotel for the AAA rate I paid which was $161.00 cdn. It is a good value for the money!

I loved it....

by TripAdvisor Member yorom

I have just finished a stay at this Marriott and I very much enjoyed my stay. My only problem with this category of a hotel is the lack of a pool although a very nice fitness center is available. I would gladly stay here again.

A relaxing, comfortable stay

by TripAdvisor Member AKR

I stayed at the Marriott Yorkville recently on business.

Pros: 1) amazing beds...the most comfortable I've ever experienced in a hotel which resulted in a very restful night; 2) wonderful bathroom which has recently been renovated...very clean, small, but efficient; 3) a good workout room with weights and cardio equipment; 4) exceptionally friendly staff; 5) great location to shopping and Yorkville area.

Cons: 1) no pool; 2) no variety in restaurant/food offering - one restaurant/bar; 3) there is no mini bar in the room. Also, the general layout of the hotel is somewhat awkward - hallways on each of the 6 floors form a square which results in almost all rooms facing inward to an empty courtyard...no interesting views here.

This hotel doesn't seem to have the typical traits of what you would expect from a 4 or 5 star hotel located in the downtown of a large city. That being said, the rooms are good, and for the price I paid, it was a good experience.

Location, location, location

I stayed over Labour Day weekend and was generally pleased with the experience. You can't beat the location. The Bloor/Yonge subway stop is underneath the hotel. You can get anywhere in the TO in mere moments. You'll also be close to great shopping.

The hotel itself is what you expect from a Marriott: clean, comfortable...a solid experience all around. The bathroom, while tiny, clearly looked remodeled (and therefore pretty nice). Try and get a room close to the elevators. Otherwise you're in for quite a treck.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member tohhall

Stayed here while visiting family which meant we were only there to sleep. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was newly renovated. You just can't beat the location-directly on the 2 main subway lines and steps from some of the best shopping in Canada.
While it may not have all the amenities of a luxury hotel, it is definitely a good hotel option. The front desk staff was very friendly.
One review said the hotel was on the wrong side of the tracks as someone was begging on the street. Unfortunately that has become common in Toronto in the past decade and one shouldn't be influenced by that.+

Great room but bad shower

by TripAdvisor Member Mona_y

Hello!

I stayed there for a week.
- The bed is really confortable (I had a king sized bed)
- The room is big
- The service is great
- You have access to a commercial center from the inside, doesn't even need to go outside to get there.

Overall it's a great hotel BUT

- The shower have NO pressure at all, so if you have long hair, you will find it very hard to wash them!!!
- The internet service is not free at all, in fact a little overpriced considering the price of the room already.
- I paid 23$ for a buger with fries... a little expensive
- Some room are really far from the elevator. You have to walk a lot, ask for a room near the elevator if you can.

This hotel is good, and it should have a better rank.

Wonderful Business Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member julzarney

Excellent customer service from every employee. Super-quick room service with delicious food. Convenient downtown location. Only set back, gift shop under renovation so had to walk to convenience store for bottled water, etc. Rooms were very nice. Had to pay for internet access and it is not wireless, but the bed was delightful and the halls were quiet making for an excellent night's sleep. I'm requesting my company book me here again for Toronto trips.

Not Impressed

by TripAdvisor Member Clarinder

Three of us girls stayed at the Marriott for 1 night for New Years Eve celebrations.
I was very dissatisfied with this hotel for a few reasons.
Parking - We had a hard time finding parking and when we did we had to lug our bags up a few flights of stairs and the around the exterior of the building to get to the front. (We were a little at fault because we didn't see the elevator sign).
Room - I requested a smoking room and was told that they're weren't any left. I wasn't that disappointed. However the other reviews are correct in regards to the horrible walk from the elevator to your room lugging heavy bags - not fun.
Service - It took a while for the service staff to tell us that they didn't have a bottle opener that we had requested at least 5 times from the front desk and from other staff walking around. I found that very hard to believe from a hotel such as the Marriott wouldn't have just one bottle opener lying around somewhere.
The worst part was when we were calling taxis to take us somewhere and we called the front desk and asked if they provided them and the said to go downstairs and there are some outside. When we arrived in the lobby and asked for a cab he said they were right outside. Turns out he meant they are outside driving by on the road and you have to flag one down. LOL!
All in all, probably wouldn't stay there again. From what I saw the grounds and the room itself was well taken care of.

Enjoy!