Town Inn Suites Toronto

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 25% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

condo type

Well, not a good one for a luxurious traveler. Very cold lobby, seems they dont want you to stay there.
    Washroom in the lobby is actually inside a spa, very HOT! You need a key card to get inside get it from the front desk.
    I had a junior suite for 2 nights. The room is old with separate living room and own kitchen equipped with microwave oven, fridge, coffee maker, stove and kitchen utensils so one can actually cook which I didn't do. I have no time for it. It has nice framed photos on its walls. It has a dining table with 2 wooden chairs, flat screen tv and a crappy old sofa. I like the bedroom though it has a comfy bed and very clean. It's quiet so I had a good sleep even the AC is not that cold.
    The toilet is clean but old and some exhaust aren't working like the one i had so be prepared to wipe a foggy mirror after a hot shower. It has spacious balcony but not much view to see. No chairs. Wifi is not free but continental breakfast is which I never tried.

Unique Quality: Nothing.

Directions: A little walk from Bloor subway station

• Couldn't be more disappointed

There is a reason for bad reviews. I honestly believe the good reviews are put up by anonymous staff members to boost their rating up to mediocre. HORRIBLE! The front desk clerks were not friendly or helpful. They acted like it was their first time in Toronto when I asked where local places were. They also charged me for the internet and I never got online. They gave me a 1800 number to call to get online and even they couldn't get me online. I told the clerk not to charge me, but he did. When I saw that it still showed on my bill and called to get a refund of the $12 for the internet I never had, they were rude and said they were not going to give me a refund.

They had a lot of wandering people in and out of the hotel that seemed to live there. I think it is an apartment too. One guy walking in and out of the hotel was talking to himself like right out of a scary movie. He obviously wasn't staying there but the staff seemed not to care- they just ignored him.

The rooms are old and dirty. The ac unit smelled up the whole place and the bed was hard and uncomfortable. I could have tolerated the hotel if the staff had been kind and sincere, or tolerated the staff if the hotel was nice, but haven't both so dissatisfactory made for a miserable stay. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Worst Stay Ever

This place is really old and creepy, nothing like the photo's given. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone if you plant to stay in Toronto i suggest you take a look at other hotels instead of staying here, I felt i was going to get mugged during the night.

Unique Quality: There is nothing unique about this hotel unless you like old crappy hotels.

• horrible

I stayed at the Town Inn Suites in Toronto, and would highly reccomend that you do NOT stay at this hotel. Not only was the room filthy, old, and run-down, but when I inquired about changing my room, the front desk refused to move me. They were completely unhelpful, and the manager even pretended he was NOT the manager so that he would not have to switch the room. All three elevators are broken, to the point that they stop at every floor even though no one gets on or off. My first night in the Suites, the Fire Alarm went off, and when I walked down the 27 flights of stairs, we all found out that the alarm had only malfunctioned and the fire department had wasted a trip out to the hotel. There was NO apology from the managers. All in all, I got the feeling that the hotel staff just couldn't care less about it's guests, and it is unfairly priced and people are treated poorly. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone.

More about Town Inn Suites Toronto

Wasn't sure whether to put...

by Davidp1952

Wasn't sure whether to put this under Accomodations or Warnings and Dangers. We stayed at the Town Inn Suites. STAY AWAY!!! We reserved our room through Expedia and requested a queen bed and a sofa sleeper. What we got were two twin beds (bolted to the wall so they could not even be moved together) and a sleeper sofa in a room where the curtains could not be closed. The room had a balcony on the level of the pool roof. Watch out! Falling beer bottles, cigarettes, and who knows what else could hit you if you leaned over the railing. People walked on the pool roof, giving a nice view into the room with no curtains....

There were large, sticky stains on the carpet, two lights didn't work, the shower required the strength of two people to turn on, the air conditioner didn't work...

The front desk said the hotel was full and they couldn't give us a new room. How do they fill this place up??? Don't believe the pictures you see on Expedia...they look like they were taken 20 years ago.

good value for your money

by TripAdvisor Member cstar59

Just returned from a ladies get away weekend in Toronto .Stayed at Town Inn Suites because of some of the reviews I had read .The four of us were very pleased with our stay The one bedroom suite was spacious .We had two twin beds and in the living area a double pull out couch and a cot which from both of my friends say was very comfortable and there was still room to move in the room .The room were clean ,could probably use an update but we didn`t stay in them long enough to care .The staff very friendly and helpful .We were very close to most places .Yorkdale a 10 min walk ,Eatons Centre 20min walk .Staff very willing to call us a cab when needed which arrived quite promptly .The buffet breakfast very plentiful but a little bland .The pool although pristine was very inconviently located down many steps to the basement .I would diffiently stay here again .

Lived here for three months!

by TripAdvisor Member SophieCalifornia

I stayed in the Town Inn Suites for three months during the Summer of 2007 and the staff were very helpful and I was lucky to get a one bedroom suite (or rather, apartment) on the Penthouse floor at the top of the building with amazing views of downtown Toronto from the balcony. The apartment could sleep four people, as a pull-out double bed comes out of the sofa in the living room area and there is a large double bed in the main bedroom. All suites have balconies and full kitchens with stoves and large refridgerators. I would recommend the one bedroom suites for couples or single people in Toronto for at least a week, as they have special rates for long term stays and it can work out a lot cheaper than other downtown hotels.
This is an apartment hotel and recommended for business guests or anyone wanting full serviced accomodation while working or just staying in Toronto. It is extremely convenient. I had no complaints, as the location couldn't be better. There are nice, affordable restaurants, cafes and bars nearby and the subway is walking distance. There is a pool downstairs, gym and saunas in both the men and womans locker rooms.
Beware of staying here during Toronto Gay Pride (June 20th-29th in 2008), as the hotel is packed and noisy, because it's located right on Church Street in the gay area.

Could Do Better

by TripAdvisor Member Bagpuss65

Due to a change with my accommodation plans I had to book somewhere to stay in a hurry and happened to walk past Town Inn Suites. The lobby area is very tastefully decorated and this together with my circumstances led to my carelessness when booking.

Firstly, let me say that the apartment I had was a decent size. The living area was L-shaped with a sofa-bed, armchair, TV and dining table. The kitchen was equpped with a microwave, cooker, fridge-freezer and small table. The bedroom had a king-size bed and the bathroom had a bath/shower. The things that let this place down were firstly the decor, secondly the cleanliness, thirdly the little niggly things, fourthly some of the staff and finally the lifts.

The decor was definitely on the tatty side; drab and dreary. The carpet was stained and although the room could be cleaned each day, no amount of vacuuming was going to get those stains out.

The cleanliness is a difficult one to judge mainly because the decor was so dreary. When a place is in need of a good lick of paint it can look dirty even if it isn't. However, my first day in the apartment I noticed that the microwave and the kitchen work surfaces had not been cleaned and areas in the apartment had not been dusted. I contacted the front desk and spoke to housekeeping on 4 occasions about the dirty worksurfaces but in the end decided it would be quicker to clean them myself.

Thirdly, although there are laundry facilities on site, there are only 3 wahers and 3 dryers for a 26 storey hotel/apartment block. Needless to say you do need to pick your moment to go do laundry. I found that early morning or late afternoon were the best times but even then you couldn't be guaranteed a free machine. The balcony door would not stay open so I had to have it propped open with a door. Again, I did report this but nothing was done. Although I was in a smoking room, there were no ashtrays.

Finally, the lifts! I was on one of the top floors and regularly had to wait at least 10 minutes for a lift but the problem could also be the same waiting to go up to my room. This was especially annoying when there was a large party which happened a lot, as all three lifts could be used by them and then I was waiting for 20 minutes.

Having said all this, for a long term stay I think the rates are pretty reasonable and the room is not uninhabitable. The location is very central. Would I stay there again? Probably not.

friendly, helpful and professional staff, excellent location, reasonable rates

by TripAdvisor Member Rafba

Here is a letter I just sent to the hotel manager:
To: Mitchel Seifer General Manager Town Inn Suites
Dear Mitch, We are staying two months now at the Downtown Toronto TownInn Suites hotel and we are planning to stay here for two more months.
We have chosen this hotel because of its very reasonable rates and its location: Near Yong and Bloor streets where most of the action is and many of the shops are, near the University and very close to the Subway.
We are planning to come back here, to this hotel, next year because of some more reasons: Main reason being the friendly, helpful and professional staff: Mila, Christine, Sue, Mr. Green, Tony and Mr. Perfecto just to name a few of the great guys you employ. We know that some of them work with the hotel for more than 20 years, and they all seem to like what they are doing.
There are some more reasons for coming back, Like:
•Our specious 1BR "KING" Suite with the new furniture and new carpet plus Dining room, Living room, fully equipped kitchen, and I mean FULLY equipped: we had guests several times for gourmet dinners that were cooked in this kitchen. There are also junior 1BR smaller suites and some beautifully furnished and decorated executive junior suites that we recommended to our son and to my sister in law as they are coming soon to visit us.
•The daily maid service that is included (Fresh towels and bed linen every day, coffee and tea supply etc.)
•The swimming pool where we start our day every morning at 7AM (We do not play tennis, but the tennis court looks inviting and I know you give out the items required for the game).
•Wi-Fi Internet that never failed, Two TVs so that I can watch a thriller while my wife is watching "who wants to be a millioner" type of TV shows, Air Condition that we really needed during the last hot humid days, etc.
Two final Notes:
1.I know that some of the Suites are not as nice as ours, some have older furniture and old very used carpet that should either be replaced or steam cleaned. Guess that this is the reason for some of the reviews are not that positive.
2.And yes, there are three elevators, and they are slow. Usually we have to wait 2-3 minutes, and the longest I waited was 5 minutes (I timed it….) I know that 5 minutes can seem "forever" if one is in a hurry.
As I said before: We enjoyed your hotel and we will definitely be back!

Wonderfull!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Joeyg370

I just recently stayed here for 4 days. I was a bit nervous as to what I would encounter since some of the reviews weren't too good. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised!! The hotel was wonderful! All rooms are suites: living room, kitchen ( stove,microwave, refrigerator, sink, dishes, utensils, toaster, coffee pot, etc), bathroom, bedroom and all have beautiful balconies with excellent views of the city. The hotel was very modern and clean and the staff was excellent. I can't stress how pleased I was with my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful and made me feel like I was at home. The hotel must have been renovated recently, because it was very modern, carpet was clean and new, beautiful leather sofa and chair in living room. Also, the pool, sauna, and outdoor deck were wonderful as well. This place is definetly worth the money (cheaper then most hotels which only provide a standard room) and I will be back soon! Underground private parking at $18 a day was a bargain as well!

yikes!

by TripAdvisor Member Thatone

This is a value inn for sure.............it was not expensive but VERY run down. It alarms me that there are no sprinklers ANYWHERE, not in the rooms or hallways. My child cut her foot on the pool. Old carpets, funny smells, broken windows and VERY noisy air conditioners......elevators that take forever, and if you have kids, don't go out on the balcony!!. Lots of issues with the room.........and (don't ask why) we got to see three of them . Kitchen is fairly well supplied, and the cleaning staff was very nice. It is not the staff, but the actual rooms. I am an easy going traveller, but visitor beware!!!!

Good location

by TripAdvisor Member Willmac

This hotel is in a great location near to the subway. Plenty of shopping nearby with many cafes and restaurents.
Staff were very pleasant and helpful
Elevators didn't always stop level with the ground.
Painting work was on-going in the basement area but it didn't cause us any problems.
The underground garage was nearby though needs some work particulalry to the roofing.
Breakfast on the Sunday was plentiful with good choices. Eating area was a little cramped at peak times.
The rooms were OK but the curtains didn't draw all the way across.
The kitchen was adequate and functional. The beds were superb with clean linens. The carpet was recent.
The rooms were nicely presented though some minor repair work was needed to the bathroom floor.
All in all the experience was OK and we would stay there again.

where to stay

by bensadon

we are planning visiting Toronto this summer and we do not know which neighborhood to choose. Perhaps, enterntainment district or the Yorkville area.
What you recommend ?

by zagreb32

Well,
Yes, you can choose the Yorkville area, but that area can be known to be expensive. I don't know your price range that you are looking for, but a cheaper option while still being in the downtown area would be to stay at the University or Toronto. I know they offer rooms at a cheaper rate, etc. If you need any more suggestions or help with planning your trip to Toronto, just e-mail me at chef_monika76@yahoo.com. Ciao, Monique :)

by argentia

Yorkville is pretty expensive. The entertainment district is a bit cheaper, but it's much louder. But the bonus is being right in the centre of the action. The other post was right to suggest U of T residence as a more cost-effective option. You could also try the other schools located right downtown and on the subway line: Ryerson University or The Michener Institute.

by Carrieoke

Why not just stay right in the middle of everything? If you have the money, the Delta Chelsea is in a great location, just off Yonge street in between the entertainment district and Yorkville.

If you want somewhere cheaper- just look online for somewhere between Yonge and Spadina (going east/west) and Bloor/Queen (going north/south). A cab in this area is about 10-15 cad.

RE: RE: where to stay

by Davidmathew

hi,
"A cab in this area is about 10-15 cad"
i could not find any thing online can anybody help?

RE: RE: where to stay

by Carrieoke

How about the Town Inn & Suites on Church Street? It's actually one block east of Yonge right up near bloor but quite cheap, very central. It has kitchenettes, balconies, and a great swimming pool.Not the most chic place though. All of the hostels are located within the perimiters I was suggesting.

Comments