Towne & Country Motel

Towne & Country Motel
Booking.com Tingo.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Toronto

Maiden of the Mist :-)Maiden of the Mist :-)

Maitreya Buddha MuralsMaitreya Buddha Murals

Skeleto of CoatzlcoatlusSkeleto of Coatzlcoatlus

Me on Dundas Square, outside Hard Rock CafeMe on Dundas Square, outside Hard Rock Cafe

Vietnamese Food in Toronto

by EricMane

Hi everyone! I will be visiting Toronto very soon and would like to know how the Vietnamese food in Toronto is. Does anyone have recommendations for visitors? Places to go, dishes to try?

Thanks in advance!

by GrumpyDiver

I've had Vietnamese in a number of places in the Chinatown area (no not a typo). Dundas around Bay area.

by mpapali

I have been to PHO99 on Dundas and it was good. lunch time is really busy though during week days.

by EricMane

Do you remember the address or location for PHO99?

I heard about the Chinatown. Is there a restaurant you'd recommend?

by mpapali

Here you go:
just put in the location and you will get the address:

by hotsauce28

IMO, Hanoi 3 seasons is hands down the BEST Vietnamese in T.O - I eat here once a week.
There's 2 locations and the one at Queen and Pape is the one to be in. It's a bit more expensive than the average pho ($8.00 as opposed to $5.00).
Here's review from a local paper, one of many!

Travel Tips for Toronto

A Master's Details At BCE Place

by tpal

They say the "Devil is in the details". Maybe so, but in this case I would say the "magic" is in the details.

Carol has a wonderful "architect's eye" for what makes a building work. As we walked through Santiago Calatrava's masterpiece, the BCE Place, we couldn't help but be struck by its grandeur. The soaring space and flood of light are magnificent...but Carol was wanting to know more.

She took this picture of the base of one of the great supporting struts which soar 85 feet to form the atrium roof. It could have been merely buried in the structure but Calatrava took great care to reflect the sort of neo-gothic stylings of the main complex in this important detail.

Toronto Tip

by Brinkolas

My two fondest memories of Toronto has to be when we went to the MedivalTimes dinner, and when we went to the top of the CN Tower. If you are into middle ages as I am you will love the MidivalTimes Dinner. You enter the 'castle' and are greeted and get your picture taken with the King and Queen. Then They lead you into the forum, where you can enter the gift shop, view the horses stalls, or enter the arcade.
Then the trumpets are sounded and you enter the dinning arena. Everyone sits behind a table looking at the center of the room. It's like a dinner in a round. Then after eating dinner with you bare hands (like they did back then) you watch and take part in a little act. You watch as the castle is taken under seige. The king orders all the nobelmen to battle against each other and the last one standing will be knighted. The fun part is you are seated in different colored areas in the room, and your color correspondes with the color of your knight/nobelmen. It is said who's ever section cheers the loudest is the colored Knight who wins. Watching them joust and fight like they did in the midivalTimes was truly the best part of my trip. It was really realistic too... Well there wasn't any blood or anything. When a person got hit the swords blade and the armor would clash and cause a flash that would show that the person was hit. It's reall neat I really recommend eating here.

My second fondest memory was when I was on top of the 2,700 and some feet tall tower walking on the glass floor. This I cannot discribe. You have to experience it yourself. But I only say if your scared of heights don't even approuch the reinforced glass floor, cause someone like me who isn't afraid is just gonna come up behind and nudge you onto the glass. It doesn't bother me, but then again I'm the one person who did a cartwheel on the glass and sent the group leader into a frantic spasm.

Yorkdale Mall

by Leo279

Could not find my car in the parking lot. when after a thorough search I was just to call 911 I struck that it could be that I took the wrong exit gate. Yes, that was true I never parked my car at the North-West gate.

The nectar of the Gods...

by Todd64

Also remember that even if you have a hankerin' for something a little less 'boozy', our Beer Store (it's actually called this) is also run by the Government so the same rules apply,the only real difference being that The Beer Store is open until 9:30pm on weekdays. So if you hit the Liquor store at 8:59 and find they just won't open that door for you, then you'll still have plenty of time to peddle your ass to the nearest Beer Store in order to soothe those obnoxious D.T's. The Beer Store Website

Looney and Twoney

by msison

I may not have spelled that right at the top but make sure before you go to Toronto you know exactly what they are referring to. When I first went there I was a bit confused.

A "looney" is $1 and a "twoney" is $2...the one dollar is gold in colour and the $2 is silver outside and gold inside.

Comments