Caesars Windsor

377 Riverside Drive E, (formerly Casino Windsor), Windsor, Ontario, N9A 7H7, Canada

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

• Elegant Hotel, Spa dissapointing.

We always enjoy the Caesars Windsor Hotel and their Casino. We go several times a year often as their guests. We enjoyed the Halloween party this year the meal was great the entertainment also. As we were there for 3 nights, we decided to avail ourselves of the new Spa facility.
    The surroundings were nice and the attendents were pleasant. We were very dissapointed in the way the service was given. Although the manicure/pedicure treatment was satisfactory there was no ambiance in the manicure pedicure area, all grouped together and my manicure was given at the same time as my pedicure while my manicurist stood for the entire treatment balancing her equipment on my lap or anywhere she could find a place. If they did not have time for me to have both I would have selected one but know one suggested it was a problem.
    There was no privacy you couldn't have a private conversation with anyone. The very reason one goes to a spa is to relax and enjoy being pampered. The cost was more than other spas I have been to in Europe and Canada even in the area, over $100.00.
    I and my partner who was seated next to me were out in less than an hour.

We will not bother again, we will just go to their beautiful pool and exercise facility where you feel as if you have been in a spa without the cost.

The rest of the Casino Hotel is worth visiting the rooms are very nice and unlike other casinos
    include a mini bar frig that comes in handy.

Unique Quality: The pool facilities are large and beautiful with a full wall of windows overlooking the River.
    There is every ammenity in the change rooms each sink is equipment with grooming materials beautiful locker facilities panelled wood walls comfortable chairs flat screen t.v. etc.
    facility is able to handle handicap people as well.

The exercise facility is very modern lots of equipment and also overlooks the river.

The restaurants are varied buffet to elegant dining, food is very good.

I would recommend a visit. In the summer there are many thing to do nearby the whole river walk goes for miles and has gardens and you can take a boat tour almost directly across from the casino.

More about Caesars Windsor

Casino Windsor A Great Escape!!

Casino Windsor was a great girls weekend getaway!! 5 coworkers stayed and Played and some of us were "big
winners" (okay for us $120 on 2 and 5 cents slots is a success!). Nice surrounding and room were clean and accomodating---ok food court were being remodeled and it was a little confusing with work on casino restaraunts being redone--but we definitely will continue to make this a yearly retreat!! Great food around the town--Irish pub close by and a fabulous place called Tunnel BBQ!! (food to salivate for --desserts you wanted to try them all --wish we were hungry enough for it--or that we had remembered at 3am to go back for!~~ Service was very friendly and yes I agree the drinks are way to expensive at bars at casino (been to Vegas and got spoiled with $1 drinks) but still a fabulous destination~~also went to a show at casino we called month ahead arrange for tickets and seating had front row table and had a entertaining night for less than $15. ticket--we had a Motown review show--call for schedule--- also for ladies cab rides are cheap and safe and we also walked late night and felt completely safe (even us 40+ ladies!

quick getaway to casino windsor

by TripAdvisor Member iwantjewelz

Just returned from a quick getaway to Casino Windsor. Arrived around 1:30p Sunday afternoon, no problem with early check in. Riverfront view standard room fine as always.
Bathroons continue to be the best feature of the standard rooms, with nice toiletries, separate shower and tub, and granite countertops as well as several forms of lighting.
After a few quick cocktails in the room, we headed to the casino floor. US to Canadian currrency exchange rate is poor compared to several years ago. I spent most of my time playing video poker and slots. No full pay video poker machines. Couldn't make anything happen there. Played a wide variety of slots from 1 cent to 1 dollar. Always managed to hit something to at least put me back to my original stake.
Dinner was steak and shrimp dinner through room service. Room service was prompt and presentation was lovely, but food just soso. Back to the floor until late at night, managing to end up even as far as money goes after about 6 hours of gambling. Good nights sleep in king bed with extra pillows and blanket provided in closet. Safe also available in closet, as well as iron and ironing board.
Up next morning for more play. Plenty of $5-$10 tables available for a variety of games. There is some construction in the casino due to huge addition underway, but nothing that was really noticeable or would interfere with your pleasant stay. Late lunch at the new buffet. A wide variety of stations to select from. Food about average, but I am not really a fan of buffets.
No huge wins, but managed to returned home with some money in my pocket. Good time as usual.

Casino Windsor Dificulties

We have stayed at the Windsor Casino in dec. 2003 & 2004. Our experience was excellant. The food was excellant & the service was very good. The rooms are very nice & clean. This year our problems started when we tried to book a room for Dec. 25 & 26th. We were told that the rooms were all booked for the week. We decided to stay at the Raddison just down the street. We went to the Casino on Dec. 25th at approximately 4PM. first thng we did was go to the restaurant to book a reservation. The earliest we could get in was 8PM. We went into the casino 7 played until we went to the resaurant just before 8PM. We were seated by 8PM & the place was not that busy. We waited until 8:15 before a waitress was going bye & she said have you been waited on we said no. She was not our waitress but she dropped a basket of bread for us. finally at 8:25 our waitress appeared. We ordered wine & at 8:40 she was at the next table & I said are we going to be served. She said they had to send for the wine from another bar. We left with a very bad feeling about this place & it's service. I also checked & found that the rooms were booked because of free deals given out as I observed in the restaurant when people were upset about a .49 cent charge they had to pay when there freebe was not enough. We wanted to stay & pay at the casino but were not able to. I guess next year we will not come to Windsor.

CAMPING IN THE WINDSOR AREA

by LoriPori about VARIOUS CAMPGROUNDS

Windsor and area have many fine camping areas. I would like to highlight some of them in case you are looking for such an accommodation while visiting our wonderful city of Windsor.

ROCHESTER PLACE RV & GOLF RESORT
981 - 991 County Road 2, Belle River Ontario
1-800-563-5940 Toll free
1-519-728-2361
rochesterplace@campinginontario.ca
www.rochesterplace.ca
Directions: Hwy 401 - Exit 40 @ Cty Rd 31 - North to Cty Rd 42 toCty Rd 2 West
Great fishing and boating on Lake St Clair, 18-hole golf course, RP's Restaurant. Ideal for families.

WINDSOR CAMPGROUND
4855 9th Concession Road, Windsor Ontario N0R 1K0
Toll free 1-866-258-5554
Phone 1-519-735-3660
info@windsorcampground.ca
www.windsorcampground.ca
Located on the outskirts of Windsor, they are 15 minutes from the Windsor Casino, race track, shopping centres and restaurants.
Family camping, seasonals and camping cabins

WILDWOOD GOLF & RV RESORT
11112 Concession Road 22 McGregor, Ontario N0R 1J0
Toll free 1-866-994-9699
Phone 1-519-726-6176
www.wildwoodgolfandrvresort.com
Centrally located and close to great dining, shopping and area attractions.

LEISURE LAKE CAMPGROUND
Directions: Take Highway 3 to Essex Road 31 Nfor 2 km
From 401 W Essex Road 31 (Exit40) south 16 km

Casino Windsor

by windsorgirl

Opened in 1998, the riverfront casino is the major tourist draw for Windsor. In addition to the usual gambling activities, the casino also has several restaurants, a hotel, a 60 foot waterfall and live entertainment in the Showtime Lounge.

Awesome Time at Windsor

I had a friend come up from New Orleans and spend a couple of days at Casino Windsor. We had a great time, the view of the Detroit skyline was aweome, the room service excellent, the food was great and we had a good time at the slots and were threatening to play "let it ride". Would like it if the casino offered more training sessions on craps, roulette and some of the poker games. Would highly recommend a stay at the Casino Windosr and visit this neat little restaurant called Bamboo at the Windsor Art Gallery. Thanks Windsor for the fabulous time.

Terrible Slot experience

I just stayed the night with my husband in celebration of his Birthday this week at Casino Windsor. Four friends joined us for the evening. Hotel was very nice as were the employee's. The slots,however , were not capable of paying even a little to keep it entertaining. There were 5 of us and not one of us hit enough to keep playing. Within a couple of hours between us over a thousand and nothing. Very tight slots. Bad enough we all agreed we would not be going back.

What the Heck Happened to the Hotel?

by TripAdvisor Member Smiley_1955

I read the comments another member posted regarding the "trailer park of casinos" and disregarded it because I had been at Windsor Hotel and Casino several times a couple years ago and had wonderful experiences. What the heck happened to the Hotel?? Our latest stay was woeful. Not only was there mold in the shower, but the carpeting was filthy in the room. We had three people staying in the room (yes, we paid the additional $20) but we had to call housekeeping both days we were there to bring extra towels, soap, glasses, cups, and shampoo because there was only enough for one person! Also, after the first night's stay, the room was barely cleaned; all of our dirty coffee cups and glasses were left on the counters where we placed them for housekeeping. When housekeeping arrived we were informed that they don't take dirty cups and glasses because "people might want to use them again". NOT WHERE I COME FROM!!! Not all of the hotel/casino restaurants were open and the ones that were open were over priced for not even mediocre food. We took a walk to the nearby Tunnel Barbecue and had awesome ribs, however! Never again to Windsor Casino Hotel. Amen.

Not as bad as I'd feared it would be

by TripAdvisor Member aerofl

I spent two nights at the Casino Windsor hotel last week. We were a group of 8 and I was responsible for booking all 5 rooms - three doubles and two singles. The double room with a view of the river was $129 Canadian and the others were $109 Canadian. All the rooms included a choice of three breakfast items in the Artists cafe each morning.

The purpose of this trip was to spend time with family and accompany our parents for their favorite pastime - gambling. All of us are in our 50's, but the parents were all mid-80's and older. Have to say that I was really dreading this trip, but ended up pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

Although I had booked all the rooms on my credit card, there was no problem splitting the bookings to separate credit cards upon arrival. Front desk staff were very welcoming and efficient upon check-in in the late afternoon. Upon arrival in Windsor (my first trip there), I simply followed the signs posted along the streets to valet parking. The car was taken immediately and the bellman helped with luggage. I thought it was a bit odd that there seemed to be no valet parking charge (a mistake?), so that ended up being really convenient and cost a $5 tip when the car was brought around two days later.

Our rooms were split on the eigth and eleventh floors, but the woman at the front desk made sure that at least one of us was next to our elderly parents' room. Thoughtful. I thought the rooms were quite good. The river view of Detroit was very nice, but even my non-view room had a good bit of the Detroit skyline and the river out the window. The king bedded rooms we requested were, by most hotel standards, quite large. All the usual expected hotel room furniture - comfortable bed, work desk, armoire with TV, adequate closet space with in-room safe and iron and ironing board. The bathroom had a separate tub and glass enclosed shower, granite topped sink with good lighting and nice, though minimal, toiletries. Lots of towels and two robes in the closet. Coffemaker with expected supplies and two bottles of water supplied (free) each day. Do wish hotels would take the coffemaker out of the bathrooms, though, especially those that are perched near the toilet. The room was clean and the soft goods (spread, curtains, rug, etc) seemed to be in good shape. Housekeeping was quick and efficient.

We were in the hotel mid-week and it seemed very quiet. No noises from other rooms and rarely saw anyone else in the hallways or elevators. Non-smoking rooms were just that - no smokey air from previous occupants. Liked that the minimum age for a stay is 19, so no little ones anywhere. We knew there was a pool and workout area, but we didn't use either.

Ate the first night at the buffet downstairs from the casino. Kind of a chaotic, non-sensical set-up, but a wide variety to choose from. I'm not a big buffet fan myself, and I've certainly had much better (Bellagio in Las Vegas), but, all in all, a mildly pleasant experience. Someone else picked up the bill, so I don't even know the cost of the buffet. Breakfast in the Cafe by the casino (included with the room rate) was OK - food was good enough and the portions very large, but the waitstaff seemed harried and relatively inattentive (perhaps understaffing or maybe poor wages and tips). Starbucks right next to the Cafe.

As you would expect, there was really no place for us to gather and visit as a family, so we seemed to use the Cosmos bar at the front of the casino as our meeting place. Prices were a bit high, I thought, but it was a pleasant enough place for the two days we were there.

I thought the casino was a nice size, with a good variety of machines and tables. Didn't even realize until the second day that there was a second floor! It was easy for our elderly parents to navigate and you really couldn't "lose" someone for long. This is not like the glitzy casinos in Las Vegas. Rather an elderly group of mid-Western gamblers, very few young, chic 20-something's partying day in and out (though the crowd became younger as the evening wore on). Evidently, the casino buses people into the casino with cheap bus fares, free meals, and a small amount to start off gambling. I hadn't heard of this practice before, but was told it is very common everywhere. I don't think any of us won big, but we did find enough amusing machines to keep us busy. I did particularly well at some slots based on the Deal or No Deal TV show - enough to cover my expenses and then some.

Dinner the second night was in Little Italy, a $5 cab fare away. It was a very nice change and we all enjoyed a very good meal at Spago's trattoria. We really didn't do any exploring of Windsor, so it was upon the recommendation of a friend that we ventured out to that area.

The trip from Toledo to Windsor was boring and the traffic was really ugly with all the trucks on the road and endless construction. I've driven all over the country and never seen anything quite like that. We arrived via the Ambassador Bridge and it was relatively simple and straightforward. We left via the tunnel and that was a snap. Most of us had passports, but some used driver's licenses (with backup birth certificates, which weren't necessary) to enter and exit Canada. Be sure to keep an eye on the new restrictions, which seem to change on a daily basis.

If you don't expect a Vegas type experience, you'll do just fine. We really didn't have any bad experiences at this hotel, but it wasn't a place most of us would have chosen to spend a couple of days. A fair experience for a fair price. If I were to return to Windsor, I would stay at this hotel again. If asked, I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

The best

We stayed at the hotel for free what a nice time.We brought friends for the first time no rooms so they stayed first night with us. The rooms are so quiet you don't hear doors banging, or water pipes . Very sound proof rooms. New food area open real nice If you want a nice place and quiet stay here.

casino windsorcasino windsor